Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 94: Red Sky at Morning

C94 covered a lot of bases aka characters thanks! So they got to their island hideout late on 12-7 or very early in the morning on 12-8 and went into town on 12-8. Wheels are coming into the picture, and C99 is the big one? I must admit I still haven't a firm grip on where you are going with this. I just hope that karma plays a role and all the fecal material dished out by Sanchez and his cohorts in crime comes back to haunt them bigtime.

Red Sky at Morning is up...

CJ Posted Image

Errr CJ,

An excellent chapter, keeping more than one sub-plot moving along nicely.

However, you are confusing me. The following are from Chapter 94

1 - Kaminski led them out the door and pointed northeast on Grey Street. “That way, about a kilometer, is an IGA supermarket, right across from the riverfront. There’s nowhere to moor a

2 - Trevor and Shane began walking west on Grey Street, only to come to a halt within fifty feet. “Look, a little shopping center, and they’ve even got a surf shop,” Trevor said, angling in that direction.

3 - “It’s a walkabout, then,” Shane said, as they backtracked a hundred yards down Grey Street and headed inland on Porter Street.

In example # 1, you have the constable pointing northeast as the direction they will need to travel, to reach the IGA and the Visitor’s Center.

In example # 2 they begin walking west. IMHO, They are setting out on a very difficult and probably impossible circumnavigation. My best guesstamation is, they will be swimming in a westward direction, in the Indian Ocean in less than two miles or so.

In example # 3, they would be doing this only if; they followed the constable’s original instructions.

Did they bring the portable GPS with them, when they secured the zodiac?

I must admit I still haven't a firm grip on where you are going with this. I just hope that karma plays a role and all the fecal material dished out by Sanchez and his cohorts in crime comes back to haunt them bigtime.

Daddydavek, some things we don't yet know, but others we do. We know this is a Goat tale. So we know this is all building up to a frightening showdown between good ole good 'n' evil. We know there'll be sickening violence, blood-curdling screams, and at least one horrific death. It will seem hopeless for Trev and Shane; their young lives about to be snuffed out in the most brutal, callous and head-hacking-off manner. And if Basingstoke can't distinguish Trev and Shane then presumably his plan will be "off with both their heads".

We also know that throughout all this mayhem The Goat will continue to splutter his feeble and utterly discredited "I hever use cliffhangers" denials. Regular forum readers know this is a moth-eaten old lie (see earlier thread where sufficient evidence was posted by readers to convict The Goat beyond all reasonable doubt). Just as a reminder, a cliffhanger includes:

- a plot device in fiction which features a main character in a precarious or difficult dilemma;

- A story or event with a strong element of suspense e.g. "the game was a cliffhanger right up to the final buzzer";

- An outcome which is awaited with keen anticipation, especially one which is delayed for a period of time or which is not known until the last minute.

And here's the clincher - cliffhanger is also defined as "A form of foreshadowing". Which means The Goat is hoist with his own petard, having previously trumpeted in numerous postings his penchant for foreshadowing.

The Goat's most likely drooling with pleasure at the prospect of inflicting unimaginable pain and cruelty on much-loved characters. But if he's already written these chapters then he's probably spending quality time tweaking the pain and suffering to maximise the stress and upset of readers.

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1

Posted Image ............ Whoa, Ned has the gall to call Shane a thief?? Posted Image Let's hope his sonar picks up a hidden compartment and Bridget's little game begins to crumble. I wonder if it was wise of her to c.c Basingstoke in her reply to Sanchez?

P.S. WTF is curcumnavigation?? Posted Image

CJ:

At times, I don't know who are the crazy people in this story: the characters or your devoted readers. You must have skin thicker than a politician's.

Of course, I don't know where the story is going, but at least I'm not tracking the town streets turn by turn.

I like the story and its characters. There are more plots than found in a ball of yarn. I am so looking forward ro the mist to disappearing and everything becoming clear.

Thanks.

Posted Image ............ Whoa, Ned has the gall to call Shane a thief?? Posted Image Let's hope his sonar picks up a hidden compartment and Bridget's little game begins to crumble. I wonder if it was wise of her to c.c Basingstoke in her reply to Sanchez?

Hi Benji,

Whoa, Ned has the gall to call Shane a thief??

I think the following quote pretty much says it all:

"Some men will rob you with a six gun and some with a fountain pen."

~Woody Guthrie

Ned does not consider what he is doing stealing, to him; it is just sharp business practice. Also, He (Ned) is not taking money from an individual, but from a company or governmental agency.

Let's hope his sonar picks up a hidden compartment and Bridget's little game begins to crumble.

This part of your post confuses me. Ned will be using a device to examine the interior structural construction of Trevor’s Atlantis. This vessel is stored in his boatyard.

Should Ned find concealed compartments built into this catamaran, only two possibilities come immediately to my mind. The first is: Someone constructed hidden locations in the vessel. That is certainly possible.

Rachel could have constructed the concealed locations. Once she had taken possession of the Lagoon 55 she purchased from Bridget, for cash, she might very well have done so. So that is a possibility, which needs to be kept in mind. It is also possible a previous owner could have constructed them.

However the second possibility is more likely probable IMHO. For the sake of discussion let me say: Ned does discover hidden compartments in the Lagoon 55 stored in his boatyard. We know for a fact, Trevor built one into the decking in the crew’s compartment shower. Greg Fowler has already discovered this location and the secreted .357 revolver it contained.

However if additional hidden spaces are located, therein lies a conundrum. Who built them and for what purpose. I doubt Trevor is aware of their existence. If he did know about them, why would it have been necessary for him to construct his hide-away in the crew’s cabin? I believe it more likely they were jnstalled prior to Trevor taking physical possession and command of his Atlantis.

Benji, I think I will stick with the scenario appearing in the July 4th prophecy. If Ned locates hidden compartments in Trevor’s Atlantis, it is because the two Lagoon 55s were switched during the implementation of The Disappearance in late May 1997.

I have been under the impression you believed the Ares had been sailed to Australia and converted into the Kookaburra.

That is how I see it.

Marty

Hi Marty,

Let's hope his sonar picks up a hidden compartment and Bridget's little game begins to crumble.

This part of your post confuses me. Ned will be using a device to examine the interior structural construction of Trevor’s Atlantis. This vessel is stored in his boatyard.

Should Ned find concealed compartments built into this catamaran, only two possibilities come immediately to my mind. The first is: Someone constructed hidden locations in the vessel. That is certainly possible.

Rachel could have constructed the concealed locations. Once she had taken possession of the Lagoon 55 she purchased from Bridget, for cash, she might very well have done so. So that is a possibility, which needs to be kept in mind. It is also possible a previous owner could have constructed them.

However the second possibility is more likely probable IMHO. For the sake of discussion let me say: Ned does discover hidden compartments in the Lagoon 55 stored in his boatyard. We know for a fact, Trevor built one into the decking in the crew’s compartment shower. Greg Fowler has already discovered this location and the secreted .357 revolver it contained.

However if additional hidden spaces are located, therein lies a conundrum. Who built them and for what purpose. I doubt Trevor is aware of their existence. If he did know about them, why would it have been necessary for him to construct his hide-away in the crew’s cabin? I believe it more likely they were jnstalled prior to Trevor taking physical possession and command of his Atlantis.

Benji, I think I will stick with the scenario appearing in the July 4th prophecy. If Ned locates hidden compartments in Trevor’s Atlantis, it is because the two Lagoon 55s were switched during the implementation of The Disappearance in late May 1997.

I liked your assessment that the boats were switched and more hidden compartments remained, the small subtle clues, like Bridget believing it. The new assumption by Fowler that the boat was the target and not Trevor. And the fact that they believe it might all be cleared up in a few days.

I have been under the impression you believed the Ares had been sailed to Australia and converted into the Kookaburra.

I was until you brought up the switched boats theory, I still think it could be possible that the Atlantis was converted into the Kookaburra. If Rachel knew that something she found aboard the Aries could be a threat to her and her family, and she was aware that Bridget was trying to buy the boat back. What better way to cover her tracks then by making Bridget believe that the Aries was blown-up?

That is how I see it.

I think we could both be right!

Benji

Hi Benji,

I am starting a new message because the previous one is getting to long. Let me step back and try to simplify things.

TREVOR’S ATLANTIS BEING THE TARGET NOT HIM.

We, the armchair detectives know that is not a fact. Unfortunately the two police officers (Sergeant Gonzalez and Officer Fowler) have gotten off on a wrong track. From their point of view it is a very probable possibility. One action, which occurred, has reinforced this mistaken deduction. Basingstoke used the fire he created as a distraction, The Hitman only wanted to get away. Regrettably his using fire is leading Fowler in the wrong direction.

Let us examine what we know as for sure. We know there were hidden compartments installed in the Ares by Arnold and Bridget. These were put in when the two of them were operating the Ares. This was before Arnold sold her to Dirk and Rachel without his wife’s knowledge. Bridget went aboard the Ares with Arnold, after he had sold the boat, but before he had delivered the catamaran to the Carlson’s. She was suspicious about Arnold’s recent actions. While she was aboard, she checked at least one of the hiding places. Hidden inside was the paperwork relating to the sale.

Bridget got Pissed Off and did some more snooping. She searched Arnold’s office one night. She found divorce papers already drawn up. She also found documents, which convinced her he was selling property they jointly owned, without her knowledge or permission. She decided to kill him and did.

After he was dead she found receipts for materials that could be used to construct concealed compartments aboard the Ares. Bridget was afraid Arnold had created a list of the properties they owned, bought with the income from her drug smuggling. She was worried this paperwork was concealed aboard the Ares; in these hidden spaces she believed he created. Bridget was unable to locate any newly constructed concealed compartments prior to turning over the Ares to Rachel.

Bridget told most of this to Sanchez. She wanted him to arrange for Trevor’s death. She did not tell him about her fears concerning Arnold’s documenting her drug smuggling activities. In reality, Bridget does not know for sure, Arnold created any lists, or wrote anything about her illegal activities. She also does not know, if he did in fact; build any concealed compartments aboard the Ares. All she has is suspicion.

Rachel knew Bridget wanted to regain control of the Ares. You believed Rachel had discovered one or more of the hidden compartments Arnold built into the Ares. You convinced me of that. One thing we know for sure. Arnold did not know Bridget was going to kill him. He may have hidden the documents Bridget fears being discovered. Whatever else he may have secreted can only be speculated on.

We do know the Ares disappeared as a result of a Criminal Conspiracy planned for and enacted by Dirk and Rachel. I believe the Ares and Atlantis were switched as part of this conspiracy. Some readers believe the Ares was sailed to Australia and became the Kookaburra.

If I am correct, and I believe I am, The Lagoon 55 that is sitting in Ned’s boatyard, used to be known as the Ares. If she is the Ares there must be hidden compartments built into her. I also believe Rachel would have removed any items concealed in them before she disappeared in the latter part of May 1997.

BTW: I just had an interesting thought cross my mind. The United States Government and the State of Florida may have some difficulty successfully prosecuting Rachel for the Criminal Conspiracy created when she and Dirk planned and carried out the Disappearance. Seeing as there is very little information, appearing in the story, as to what crimes were actually committed, to support either of the two Criminal Conspiracies, it is difficult to speculate what charges can be brought against Rachel.

You may not like what I am going to say, but to tell you the truth I don’t give a damn. If the Goat, manipulates the remainder of this novel, in such a way that Rachel walks away with no punishment, I will be very disappointed. The only innocent Carlson is Trevor. He is more than innocent. He has almost been killed twice, because of something Rachel started almost twenty years ago.

Marty

Edited by MartyS

Our esteemed "queen" of the cliff-hangars author has certainly engendered passionate feelings in his readers. There are a whole host of threads that need to be tied up to bring this story to a successful conclusion. While I have not taken any position on all the brainstorming, analysis of minutiae, and speculation, I do find it interesting. I too would be disappointed if there was not some accountability. Trevor has certainly undergone a lot, including gruesome attempts on his life and karma would call for some balance.

Bridget, the dirty cop, Sanchez and his evil cohorts, including the paid asassin B'stoke all deserve bad things happening a whole lot more than anyone in Trevor's family IMHO.

C94 covered a lot of bases aka characters thanks! So they got to their island hideout late on 12-7 or very early in the morning on 12-8 and went into town on 12-8. Wheels are coming into the picture, and C99 is the big one? I must admit I still haven't a firm grip on where you are going with this. I just hope that karma plays a role and all the fecal material dished out by Sanchez and his cohorts in crime comes back to haunt them bigtime.

Actually... there are two coming chapters I think will be seen as the big ones, in a lot of ways (including the revelations of the entire backstory), and the second of those is 99. :) It's chapter 98 that finds us at Dec 17th... all I'm promising is that us readers find out everything: I make no such claim regarding the characters. They may, or may not, find it all out then. :)

Errr CJ,

An excellent chapter, keeping more than one sub-plot moving along nicely.

However, you are confusing me. The following are from Chapter 94

1 - Kaminski led them out the door and pointed northeast on Grey Street. “That way, about a kilometer, is an IGA supermarket, right across from the riverfront. There’s nowhere to moor a

2 - Trevor and Shane began walking west on Grey Street, only to come to a halt within fifty feet. “Look, a little shopping center, and they’ve even got a surf shop,” Trevor said, angling in that direction.

3 - “It’s a walkabout, then,” Shane said, as they backtracked a hundred yards down Grey Street and headed inland on Porter Street.

In example # 1, you have the constable pointing northeast as the direction they will need to travel, to reach the IGA and the Visitor’s Center.

In example # 2 they begin walking west. IMHO, They are setting out on a very difficult and probably impossible circumnavigation. My best guesstamation is, they will be swimming in a westward direction, in the Indian Ocean in less than two miles or so.

In example # 3, they would be doing this only if; they followed the constable’s original instructions.

Did they bring the portable GPS with them, when they secured the zodiac?

I've changed the chapter and added you to the credits. Thanks!!!!

That "west" was, well, supposed to be (and now is) east. The police station is just a few yards west of that strip mall, so they had to head east.

Grey street was awkward to describe. It begins at the river mouth running west to east, but the police station is at a curve, where it bends northeast, following the shore, then almost due north where the supermarket is.

As for my inability to tell east from west... I can only blame Australian upsidedownisim. Posted Image

Daddydavek, some things we don't yet know, but others we do. We know this is a Goat tale. So we know this is all building up to a frightening showdown between good ole good 'n' evil. We know there'll be sickening violence, blood-curdling screams, and at least one horrific death. It will seem hopeless for Trev and Shane; their young lives about to be snuffed out in the most brutal, callous and head-hacking-off manner. And if Basingstoke can't distinguish Trev and Shane then presumably his plan will be "off with both their heads".

We also know that throughout all this mayhem The Goat will continue to splutter his feeble and utterly discredited "I hever use cliffhangers" denials. Regular forum readers know this is a moth-eaten old lie (see earlier thread where sufficient evidence was posted by readers to convict The Goat beyond all reasonable doubt). Just as a reminder, a cliffhanger includes:

- a plot device in fiction which features a main character in a precarious or difficult dilemma;

- A story or event with a strong element of suspense e.g. "the game was a cliffhanger right up to the final buzzer";

- An outcome which is awaited with keen anticipation, especially one which is delayed for a period of time or which is not known until the last minute.

And here's the clincher - cliffhanger is also defined as "A form of foreshadowing". Which means The Goat is hoist with his own petard, having previously trumpeted in numerous postings his penchant for foreshadowing.

The Goat's most likely drooling with pleasure at the prospect of inflicting unimaginable pain and cruelty on much-loved characters. But if he's already written these chapters then he's probably spending quality time tweaking the pain and suffering to maximise the stress and upset of readers.

Zombie, such twisting of words!!! Posted Image

I do indeed use forshadowing. But, that's not a cliffhanger!!!!

Nope, not in Circumnavigation!! Hasn't happened yet, and it won't. As I have often said, there are no cliffhangers in Circumnavigation!

A story or event with a strong element of suspense e.g. "the game was a cliffhanger right up to the final buzzer";

Suspense? Well, I suppose there is, at times, a touch of suspense... but a strong element thereof? Nah, nope, not at all... As has often been said, one hitman does not a cliffhanger make.

Ned has... adaptable standards. Posted Image

And oops! My and my typos!!!!

CJ:

At times, I don't know who are the crazy people in this story: the characters or your devoted readers. You must have skin thicker than a politician's.

Of course, I don't know where the story is going, but at least I'm not tracking the town streets turn by turn.

I like the story and its characters. There are more plots than found in a ball of yarn. I am so looking forward ro the mist to disappearing and everything becoming clear.

Thanks.

I have a very thick skin; it is a good match to my thick skull. :)

The mist shall clear very soon. :)

Topic title corrected.

Thanks!!!

Okay, Time for the next chapter title... ϛ6 ɹǝʇdɐɥƆ uoıʇɐƃıʌɐuɯnɔɹıƆ is entitled "Bull Dust".

Actually... there are two coming chapters I think will be seen as the big ones, in a lot of ways (including the revelations of the entire backstory), and the second of those is 99. Posted Image It's chapter 98 that finds us at Dec 17th... all I'm promising is that us readers find out everything: I make no such claim regarding the characters. They may, or may not, find it all out then. Posted Image

I've changed the chapter and added you to the credits. Thanks!!!!

That "west" was, well, supposed to be (and now is) east. The police station is just a few yards west of that strip mall, so they had to head east.

Grey street was awkward to describe. It begins at the river mouth running west to east, but the police station is at a curve, where it bends northeast, following the shore, then almost due north where the supermarket is.

As for my inability to tell east from west... I can only blame Australian upsidedownisim. Posted Image

Zombie, such twisting of words!!! Posted Image

I do indeed use forshadowing. But, that's not a cliffhanger!!!!

Nope, not in Circumnavigation!! Hasn't happened yet, and it won't. As I have often said, there are no cliffhangers in Circumnavigation!

A story or event with a strong element of suspense e.g. "the game was a cliffhanger right up to the final buzzer";

Suspense? Well, I suppose there is, at times, a touch of suspense... but a strong element thereof? Nah, nope, not at all... As has often been said, one hitman does not a cliffhanger make.

Ned has... adaptable standards. Posted Image

And oops! My and my typos!!!!

I have a very thick skin; it is a good match to my thick skull. Posted Image

The mist shall clear very soon. Posted Image

Thanks!!!

Okay, Time for the next chapter title... ϛ6 ɹǝʇdɐɥƆ uoıʇɐƃıʌɐuɯnɔɹıƆ is entitled "Bull Dust".

I would like to address this to all readers. It is not limited to those who post the in the Forum. This post of The Goat is, in my considered opinion, CHJ’s latest attempt to create a foundation to support his effort, to cover-up his mistakes.

A while back on May 24th, 2011, CHJ posted the following in a multi-subject post: It appeared in the Thread, “Comments.”

Circumnavigation usually posts weekly, and though I'm not certain on the final chapter count yet, it will be under 100 for sure.

This was the same week Chapter 77 was published..” There had been some comments appearing in The Forum regarding how many total chapters the story would reach before the end. You can see in the quote, his statement is short and simple, I would suggest you go and read his additional posts in the thread, He is very emphatic how he is sure of the total number.

Now The Goat is attempting to shift the responsibility for his own screw-up. He has already proved beyond a reasonable doubt he cannot spell or count. He creates eight day weeks and doesn’t know east from west.

Now he is starting his campaign to place the blame for the majority of his errors on Australia and her residents. I do not reside there. However, if I did, I would not allow him to get away with these slanderous statements about the country I live in

The Goat is following a basic premise. He is once again trotting out and applying the principal of, “The Big Lie.” The working theory underlying, “The Big Lie” is a simple one. All a person needs to do is: Tell a lie so so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously."

This is what The Goat was been doing without success so far regarding, “Cliffhangers.” So for the next few weeks I expect to see, The Goat, try to blame Australia every time he goofs.

Edited by MartyS

It's also interesting that The Cloven-One overlooked one of the cliffhanger definitions: "An outcome which is awaited with keen anticipation, especially one which is delayed for a period of time or which is not known until the last minute"

Or maybe he just conceded that one, or maybe he missed it because of those "prism specs" he wears to spot the big bad birdies when he's hanging around on cliff edges and the like - see earlier Goat-embarrassing threads :)

Edited by Zombie

For those of us unfamiliar with Aussie slang, I looked the following up:

bull dust

noun Australian Slang .

nonsense; bull.

• Site Moderator

For those of us unfamiliar with Aussie slang, I looked the following up:

bull dust

noun Australian Slang .

nonsense; bull.

CJ is kind enough to supply us with the translation in the story also.

It's also interesting that The Cloven-One overlooked one of the cliffhanger definitions: "An outcome which is awaited with keen anticipation, especially one which is delayed for a period of time or which is not known until the last minute"

Or maybe he just conceded that one, or maybe he missed it because of those "prism specs" he wears to spot the big bad birdies when he's hanging around on cliff edges and the like - see earlier Goat-embarrassing threads Posted Image

I am certainly glad you are here, Zombie. You sound like a true believer and the world needs more folks like you. However, you need to understand there are individuals like the Goat. When one of these, less than nice people, decide to publish a manuscript they found, there is nothing they won't do to mess with readers heads,

I sincerely hope you do not think the Goat could have written as fine a story as has been posted. I personally think when CHJ found Shane's story about Trevor's Trials and Tribulations it was incomplete. The Goat's only contribution is the insertion of,CLIFFHANGERS.

• Site Moderator

Ahh! But you have the advantage there, we lowly fans have to wait for it to be actually posted!

That, plus he's provided the translations in past chapters.

That would only make sense if you were reading it in the northern hemisphere on a pre-PC Wang dumb terminal. And yeah, I am old enough to have actually used one.

(Wang terminals were dedicated and very early word processing systems used only in large companies or the government from the mid-1970's.)

I am certainly glad you are here, Zombie. You sound like a true believer and the world needs more folks like you. However, you need to understand there are individuals like the Goat. When one of these, less than nice people, decide to publish a manuscript they found, there is nothing they won't do to mess with readers heads,

I sincerely hope you do not think the Goat could have written as fine a story as has been posted. I personally think when CHJ found Shane's story about Trevor's Trials and Tribulations it was incomplete. The Goat's only contribution is the insertion of,CLIFFHANGERS.

Hey now, either Shane wrote it, and thus he's to blame for any cliffhangers, or he didn't. Can't have it both ways. :P

That, plus he's provided the translations in past chapters.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!! :P

[/b]

Shouldn't Aussie slang be upside down, rather than back to front?

Nope... just turn your monitor upside down. The lettering becomes right to left as well as inverted. :)

That would only make sense if you were reading it in the northern hemisphere on a pre-PC Wang dumb terminal. And yeah, I am old enough to have actually used one.

(Wang terminals were dedicated and very early word processing systems used only in large companies or the government from the mid-1970's.)

And here I thought DOS based word processors were bad. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..