Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

What does the "C" in C James stand for?

Is it true that the "C" in C James stands for Cliff (Clifford)? Posted Image

It is true, B G. I uncovered that fact several years ago and there was a forum discussion then. If I find the link, I will post it in this thread.

Is it true that the "C" in C James stands for Cliff (Clifford)? Posted Image

Well that would explain why people keep mistaking him for the King of Cliffs. Clearly he does not use Cliffhangers.

Now that he is ineligible for the crown this year, people will actually vote for she who is most deserving - Cia!!

(CJames and I both agree on this and have formed a committee to ensure the crown goes where it rightfully deserves.)

• Site Moderator

Speaking as a member of CJ's team, I had told him that if he won the award for 2011, he could write all the cliffhangers he wanted to in 2012 and not worry about being winning the award for 2012.

LoL!!!

Okay... the first question to answer is no, I'm definitely not the Chris James at Awsomedude. I've spoken to him though, and we had a laugh over it a few weeks back (several people have asked that, apparently).

My name is not cliff, nor clifford. :P The frog is making stuff up again. :P

CJ is a nickname that I go by, online and off. I have since high school. I got it on a surfing safari down in Baja. Long story short, if anyone has ready my short story "Category 5" the water entry scene in there explains it... though what I did was far less extreme. It was just a run of the mill storm, but paddling out through the breakers was brutal, so I took a short cut; I went out to the headland, which was a small bluff, timed the waves, and jumped. What I jumped from was just a bit over 20 feet, a sort of vertical rock escarpment, not a big deal, The other guys said I was nuts (well, yes, I am) and started calling me... well, this is VERY ironic, due to my well-known proclivity for avoiding cliffs... Cliff Jumper, which got shortened to CJ. I liked it (surfing nicknames were kind of an in thing, and I liked it) and everyone I knew was calling me that, so, that's what I go by. And, um, I suppose, technically, the C does therefor stand for... er,,, well, um... let's just forget that bit, shall we?

And Jan... you know I'd never, ever use a cliffhanger, no matter what!! Posted Image

• Site Administrator

So, you are admitting whilst others feared the cliff, you felt right at home and have ever since Posted Image

Edit to add: I see you finally admitted to this CJ, I have done a straight copy and paste of your signature line that only you can edit. I imagine since I'm pointing it out, you will change it and deny the fact. You always do :D

"And we all know that CJ doesn't use cliffhangers"~ Tallonrider 11-10-08

CJ, you're a lurker, you never use cliffhangers, and you'd never use blackmail. ~Wildone 10-03-07

We all know that CJ is neither a cruel author nor does he leave cliffhangers. ~ Clydee 3-23-11

CJ doesn't use cliff hangers ~ Low Flyer 3-23-11

Yes... I always use cliffhangers. ~ CJames

Note that I did bold it and make it one size bigger and changed the colour to black, just want everyone to see it 0:)

Edited by wildone

So, you are admitting whilst others feared the cliff, you felt right at home and have ever since Posted Image

Edit to add: I see you finally admitted to this CJ, I have done a straight copy and paste of your signature line that only you can edit. I imagine since I'm pointing it out, you will change it and deny the fact. You always do Posted Image

Note that I did bold it and make it one size bigger and changed the colour to black, just want everyone to see it Posted Image

AAACCKKK!!!!!!!!

It wasn't a cliff I jumped off of... It was just, ah, a horizontal rock surface that had a slope of about 90 degrees. And it was only twenty something feet tall... less than 30 for sure. And though the others did fear it, it was due to the storm wave crashing at the base. So, to be entirely accurate, we can say that the C in CJames means, um, Cremnophobia. :P

And YOU!!!! Editing my siggy AGAIN!!!! Shame on you!!!! This is libel... and vandalism!!! Just look at what you did... my siggy was, amongst other things, centered, now its left justified!!!

Evil, EVIL!!!!!!! Posted Image

• Site Administrator

AAACCKKK!!!!!!!!

It wasn't a cliff I jumped off of... It was just, ah, a horizontal rock surface that had a slope of about 90 degrees. And it was only twenty something feet tall... less than 30 for sure. And though the others did fear it, it was due to the storm wave crashing at the base. So, to be entirely accurate, we can say that the C in CJames means, um, Cremnophobia. Posted Image

And YOU!!!! Editing my siggy AGAIN!!!! Shame on you!!!! This is libel... and vandalism!!! Just look at what you did... my siggy was, amongst other things, centered, now its left justified!!!

Evil, EVIL!!!!!!! Posted Image

Once again I remind everyone *sigh*, only an Admin such as you, or yourself can edit your siggy. Unless something has drastically changed with the software.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..