When Do You Watch a REALLY Sad Movie?

Sad movies just never seem to hit my radar.  Occasionally I may trip on one but I don't seem to have any interest in intentionally sitting down to a movie I know is sad.  Make me laugh - that't what i prefer.

Even on those days when you know that nothing will make you laugh?

On a different note, If These Walls Could Talk.

Likewise I now check the end of stories to make sure it doesn't end in suicide, or the lover being killed in a horrible crash right at the end. Those writers are real meanies mad.gif

:D I always read the last chapter first - I thought I was the only one :hug:

Okay - I don't really like sad movies but sometimes when I am a bit down I watch a lot of movies including sad movies.. The Bridges of Madison County - why why why did she stay with her boring husband instead of following her heart.. I cried my eyes out watching that one ! :blushing:

I would never, ever read the last chapter first. That would spoil everything for me. I have occasionally spoiled TV-shows for myself by looking stuff up on Wikipedia or IMDB before finishing a season and inadvertently coming across spoilers, or by reading fan fiction of a work before I've finished watching/reading it.

I would never, ever read the last chapter first. That would spoil everything for me. I have occasionally spoiled TV-shows for myself by looking stuff up on Wikipedia or IMDB before finishing a season and inadvertently coming across spoilers, or by reading fan fiction of a work before I've finished watching/reading it.

I think people who read/watch the end first are really weird. i would never. Hell if someone tells me too much about the end of a film i won't go watch it.

I think people who read/watch the end first are really weird. i would never. Hell if someone tells me too much about the end of a film i won't go watch it.

I spent part of last night basically spoiling A Song of Ice and Fire for a friend of mine. She'd given up on watching Game of Thrones and asked me to feed her spoilers in the hopes that it would get her motivated to keep watching. At he end of our conversation she decided that she probably would. It was an odd conversation.

Edited by Thorn Wilde

I spent part of last night basically spoiling A Song of Ice and Fire for a friend of mine. She'd given up on watching Game of Thrones and asked me to feed her spoilers in the hopes that it would get her motivated to keep watching. At he end of our conversation she decided that she probably would. It was an odd conversation.

Sometimes things get so jacked up that you can't help but read/watch through it so that you find out just HOW it gets jacked up.

Hahah, reminds me when my Dad used to record TV shows on VHS *history lesson for the young: it was a tape recorder for TV :lol:*.

I ALWAYS checked the end first - to make sure it was there! - having had many nights ruined watching a 2 hour movie only to find the last 5 minutes missing :evil:

Just remembered another sad movie Running On Empty with River Phoenix, whose family are continually on the run to avoid the Feds who are after his Dad for doing something bad as a student, so River can never make proper friends because he knows they'll be off again somewhere else - and he just wants to have a normal life. So many crap films are repeated again and again but this never seems to get shown on TV. Worth checking it out on Netflix even though it will probably make you cry :P

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096018/

Edited by Zombie

Hahah, reminds me when my Dad used to record TV shows on VHS *history lesson for the young: it was a tape recorder for TV :lol:*.

I ALWAYS checked the end first - to make sure it was there! - having had many nights ruined watching a 2 hour movie only to find the last 5 minutes missing :evil:

We had SO MANY recorded movies back in the days of VHS... At the most, I think we had over 300 tapes with well over 400 movies on them. My mum made a register in Excel over all the movies we had and which tapes they were on, as some of the tapes had more than one movie on them, and then organised them numerically in the shelf. There was a handful of tapes that had a red mark on them, which meant they were movies I wasn't allowed to see (such films included Rosemary's Baby, The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, The Silence of the Lambs, Taxi Driver and The Shining, among others). My favourite tape was the one with Roger Waters doing The Wall live in Berlin. I was a weird kid.

Edited by Thorn Wilde