Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

School is back in, summer is all but over, and I'm tapped out

The old saying is that you never miss something until you don't have it. For four plus years we have had these wonderful stories. I check my email a number of times a day to see if a new chapter is out. It reminds me how much I care about these stories, how much I miss them. How not having them makes me sad. I want to thank you again, Mark, for these stories and hope that I will see those notices of new chapters soon. They bring a lot of joy to lot of people.

Edited by rjo
  • Like 1

I'm just hoping that Mark gives us some kind of timeline as to when he plans to start posting his chapters again. Hopefully, school has started to settle down along with the rest of his life. (Please, pretty please! It is my birthday!)

• Like 1

Soooo this explains it.....I never decided to look too see if there was a delay...till now....probably three Ish weeks since the last chapter posted, and if it hasn't been that long, feels like it! But I here ya about school I just restarted and instead of finance I've taken interest in computer engineering technology major change, but Canadian financial institutions are heartless and want all the business so they work there employees like hell, without pay, expect them to be involved in the community, and have upwards of 15 goals involving a sales, skills, and continuing learning. All crap. But enjoy your first weeks of school I know I am, and I'm coming out in the process, meaning being more general on my sexuality then going with the flow type of thing and letting the issue be stationary. So far still no negative reviews. ;)

And alas I still await the next chapter in either instalment. ;)

• Like 4

Given that Mark was dropping a new chapter on us approximately every 4½ days, we're just now 3 chapters in arears. And no, it's not been three weeks, it's only been 13 days.

Meanwhile Mark, we'll all be patiently waiting for you to get rested up. I'm sure we're all waiting with bated breath to hear how Mark got his groove back. Posted Image

• Like 1

Given that Mark was dropping a new chapter on us approximately every 4½ days, we're just now 3 chapters in arears. And no, it's not been three weeks, it's only been 13 days.

Meanwhile Mark, we'll all be patiently waiting for you to get rested up. I'm sure we're all waiting with bated breath to hear how Mark got his groove back. Posted Image

You CAP freaks are much worse than we patient Granger freaks are. Just kidding, but we have been waiting much longer without breaking into where is my story whine. Posted Image

• Like 1

You CAP freaks are much worse than we patient Granger freaks are. Just kidding, but we have been waiting much longer without breaking into where is my story whine. Posted Image

Patience? I've been waiting patiently for over two years to find out what happens when Nelson meets a young painter!

Patience? I've been waiting patiently for over two years to find out what happens when Nelson meets a young painter!

I didn't really mean we were patient, just not whining as much. If I thought whining would get us a chapter, I'd throw a whining tantrum.Posted Image

I'm sorry I haven't been around, and that I haven't been writing lately. Things are hella busy in my world. I'm working on a conference paper that I have to present in two weeks, and after that's done, I should have some time to finally knock out a chapter or two.

Your conference paper should include references to 18th century wealth management strategies, or at least a short couple of paragraphs on the cost of outfitting a warship for long sea voyages, concentrating on the financial impact of 8 pounders over grapeshot on local blacksmithing operations in the port vicinity. Or something.

Also, threaten to shell the conference facility from the fleet of sail powered warships you've got anchored nearby if people don't pay attention.

• Like 2

Thank you for your intelligent, insightful stories.

When we're enjoying fiction (reading, watching, listening) our first recommendation to each other is that there are characters we like. One reason I enjoy your stories so much is that I'm always anxious to find out what your wonderful characters are up to and what they are thinking. I hope it is more a reflection of the high quality of your story-telling than of the emptiness of my life that I really care about all those you introduce to us, even the villains.

For all the joy you have given to me, I wish you more in happiness and fulfillment.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..