Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

School is back in, summer is all but over, and I'm tapped out

There are a few times of year that generally kick my ass. The beginning and end of a semester, or when I'm travelling. Sometimes I have enough things rolling along that you all don't notice those bumps in my real life, but sometimes I don't. We're at one of those times when I don't.

So a new semester has started, and it's sapped my creative abilities for some reason, and I just haven't been writing all that much. I've got half a chapter of "Odyssey" penned, but most of that will be shit-canned because I don't like it. I have chapters 62 and 63 of Paternity in the works, so those will hit on schedule, but I have some big re-writes to do on 64, and I've barely begun 65.

That means I'm prepping you for a current and/or future lull in posting. I'd kind of hoped that I'd get my act together and generate some chapters, but it hasn't happened, so I wanted to be candid with all of you and let you know my status.

My priority right now is to make sure that chapter 64 of Paternity gets finished, and maybe 65, because that closes out a lot of the issues we've been dealing with. After that's done, I'll try and rescue George from the middle of the Atlantic.

• Like 4

There are a few times of year that generally kick my ass. The beginning and end of a semester, or when I'm travelling. Sometimes I have enough things rolling along that you all don't notice those bumps in my real life, but sometimes I don't. We're at one of those times when I don't.

So a new semester has started, and it's sapped my creative abilities for some reason, and I just haven't been writing all that much. I've got half a chapter of "Odyssey" penned, but most of that will be shit-canned because I don't like it. I have chapters 62 and 63 of Paternity in the works, so those will hit on schedule, but I have some big re-writes to do on 64, and I've barely begun 65.

That means I'm prepping you for a current and/or future lull in posting. I'd kind of hoped that I'd get my act together and generate some chapters, but it hasn't happened, so I wanted to be candid with all of you and let you know my status.

My priority right now is to make sure that chapter 64 of Paternity gets finished, and maybe 65, because that closes out a lot of the issues we've been dealing with. After that's done, I'll try and rescue George from the middle of the Atlantic.

I can't say I like this turn of events, but I can understand. I am glad you told us why the CAP weenies were getting all the love and none for Granger. I am trying to be funny and tell you we understand while telling you we do appreciate your hard work.

What a Wuss!!! :P

Boo hoo, you got a little thing called life getting in your way. Sheesh. I can't believe you don't have your priorities 'straight.' Didn't you know your first job is to post free stuff for us to read and the hell with family and work? Honestly, some people. Posted Image

Best of luck with the new semester and looking forward to the rescue at sea whenever it happens.

Just to clarify, it's not like I'm melting down. I'm just busy. Life is good. I'm happy. Pretty much. But I really really really appreciate all your kind thoughts, and how you guys always rally around me personally when I get myself into a scheduling bind. Guess that's what friends do. Thanks.

• Like 3

It's good to see you taking time for yourself to deal with real-life busyness! I hope everything settles for you soon. The beginning of the semester is really a tough time, so don't push yourself too hard.

You'd probably make Gathan decide he was gay after you got through killing off JJ and sending Will to military school. (Although, honestly- I could see Will loving the hell out of it. All those pent-up and frustrated guys...)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..