5. I have both of those movies on VHS.

8. We'll never see them again? Totally not true. :P

10. OMG. Third grade... XD

17. OMG. Multiple grades... XD

18. God, I loved screwing around with the settings on that one. :D

19. When the hell did they stop making them in fruit shapes? :/

23. Don't they still make Fruitopia?

25. That's debatable...

28. Again, totally not true. :P The first one, at least...

32. LOL! I don't know about that... :P

35. Ouch. Way to end this with a kick in the balls, guys. :P

I love it, though admittedly I think it's aiming for a generation slightly younger than me (wha? No Barney the purple dinosaur and no Mr. Rogers? And where is Blue's Clues?).... It makes me feel old....

EDIT: And I still have the road carpet. I think it is still sold at IKEA....

Edited by Ashi
  • Like 1

Yeah, that was fun. Man, I miss Doritos 3'ds. I also made the unfortunate mistake of getting a Moto Razer.

Ashi, I think this is mostly aimed at people who were born from about the early 1980's to the early 1990's.

• Like 1

Ashi, I think this is mostly aimed at people who were born from about the early 1980's to the early 1990's.

Yeah, I noticed. It's basically for you and MJ's age group. They should include Sega Saturn though.

And I don't miss Dorito 3D.... I thought it was over hyped. How about them Furbies and Beanie Babies? :D

This makes me feel really old Posted Image

I know.... :cries and hugs CassieQ: Wait, you're a woman....

:P

They brought back Furbies not all that long ago. Scary. Posted Image

Ewww.... *jumps onto TetRefine's laps* Wait..., you're too young.

Where is a guy in my age group I can take advantage of find comfort with in a situation like this?

Edited by Ashi

they forgot:

Milkshakes for a dollar that was the size of an adult's head....

VHS Tapes... are going bye bye. *is not soo sad...* Though I would like to have some of the movies I video taped now :P

A teenage guy with chest hair :P

I had a Tamogotchi, a Dino Pet, and a Giga Pet. God, what a waste of money that was. I was 11/12 when those came out, so that was the last toy craze that I got into.

The summer of 1995 I lived next door to a girl who had a Pogs machine, so we'd sit around and make pogs out of photos we found in Magazines. I remember clearly making a pog out of a photo of the Cast of Boy Meets World. A Boy Meets World pog- how more possibly 90's can you get?

In 1997 or 1998 I got one of those "Countdown to the Millenium" clocks at Caldor...what was cool about it was that you could countdown to dates as far up as 2025, so I kept it for a pretty long time...I think the last significant event I remember counting down to on that clock was my 21st birthday in 2006.

Speaking of Caldor...that reminds me of other things we'll never see again that we grew up with in the 90's...

- Woolworth's...they closed down by the mid/late 90's.

- Merry Go Round

- 5*7*9*

-Strawbridge and Clothier

-Borders

-Structure(it's now express, but still)

- Waldenbooks

-Blockbuster(it might have been on that one, but I'm too lazy to check)

-FYE and major CD stores

You will also never see indoor malls built like these anymore, either:

I think the hallmark of growing up in the 1980's and 1990's surbubia was hanging out in the mall...kind of a shame malls are dying now. Or at least the traditional ones are. The last all-now indoor shopping mall was built in 2006, I think. You'll never see another Mall Of America built in our lifetime, I think...

I had a Tamogotchi, a Dino Pet, and a Giga Pet. God, what a waste of money that was. I was 11/12 when those came out, so that was the last toy craze that I got into.

The summer of 1995 I lived next door to a girl who had a Pogs machine, so we'd sit around and make pogs out of photos we found in Magazines. I remember clearly making a pog out of a photo of the Cast of Boy Meets World. A Boy Meets World pog- how more possibly 90's can you get?

In 1997 or 1998 I got one of those "Countdown to the Millenium" clocks at Caldor...what was cool about it was that you could countdown to dates as far up as 2025, so I kept it for a pretty long time...I think the last significant event I remember counting down to on that clock was my 21st birthday in 2006.

Speaking of Caldor...that reminds me of other things we'll never see again that we grew up with in the 90's...

- Woolworth's...they closed down by the mid/late 90's.

- Merry Go Round

- 5*7*9*

-Strawbridge and Clothier

-Borders

-Structure(it's now express, but still)

- Waldenbooks

-Blockbuster(it might have been on that one, but I'm too lazy to check)

-FYE and major CD stores

Well, I do miss Borders a little. Did they declare bankruptcy or merely shrink in size to selective market? I think that is also the case for Woolworth's.

Remember the Thrifty (drug store) ice cream? That might be California only.... Thrifty got bought out by Payless, then Payless was in turn bought by Rite Aid, and then Rite Aid sort of divide the market territory a bit so some of them became CVS.... But I think Thrifty branded ice cream could still be found in some market, because it's such a strong brand (which is weird.... The ice cream that drug store made is more recognizable than their own core business).

Structure. Oh, don't even get me started on that one. Express did an awful job when they bought Structure. It didn't buy the brand and just celebrate the brand the way it is, Express decided to transform a strong brand into a mirror image of itself... None of Express Men's offering is appealing to Structure's (then) existing customer base. Structure was changed from a brand that's masculine, street chic, appealing to collegiate males, into yet another Banana Republic wannabe (I own a lot of BR stuff, but who wants to buy clothes from a copycat brand?). Why buy a brand and lose all its customer base? Isn't it cheaper to just build a brand from ground up? It reminds me of my former boss, who did not come in and adopted to our store's existing culture, but she decided to change the company culture to her liking.... Of course our store disintegrated and sales suffered. Back in the days, a classmate said, "Who doesn't own a Structure [credit] card?" Yeah, that store was popular. And now it's a store I don't even walk into, because even the window display is unappealing. Selling clothes to young, image-conscious males is not as simple as it looks. Most managements probably think exactly like my mother, who think all men's clothes are generic and have no variation.

Blockbuster cut down on physical stores, but online wise, it's still competing with Netflix.

Remember Sam Goodie? Virgin Megastore?

How about Urbanoutfitters when they were really selling urban clothes, rather than a place that suburban kids go to buy stuff in order to despite their parents? (I mean, re-constructed clothing you could buy at Goodwill except with heavy premium, tattered scarf thingy (probably functions like one), coffee table books that shows different sex positions. My brother bought me a book: 101 Things to do Before You Die, and one of things is to have anonymous unprotected sex or whatever). Remember when Diesel was still an edgy, off-beat brand rather than a mass market brand that's "trying" to be off-beat? (I missed Diesel Style Lab.... That's a nice place to exchange glances with other gay guys Posted Image)

Remember when guys were wearing V-neck shirts with round-neck under shirt showing? That was coupled with a pair of Dockers' khakis of course. All over sized and baggy.... Because it was not hip wearing your own size (I was wearing XL, and now M..., and I was skinnier back then).

Tappered jeans that gave you elephant feet? Posted Image Guys wearing tank tops that couldn't even cover their nipples? (I am not complaining) If you go back a little bit, you might even remember half shirts and MC Hammer pants (gosh, those are fugly).

Edited by Ashi

Someone give grandpa ash his med, he's giving 80's fashion advice... the horror :P

I miss a lot of things including classic quarter arcades, they kept escalating in price as i got older until everything cost $1.00! What kid can afford to spend their youth in one of those places anymore if they still exist? Most of them are gone now :(

Someone give grandpa ash his med, he's giving 80's fashion advice... the horror Posted Image

I miss a lot of things including classic quarter arcades, they kept escalating in price as i got older until everything cost $1.00! What kid can afford to spend their youth in one of those places anymore if they still exist? Most of them are gone now Posted Image

He's not old enought to give 80's fashion advice :P

DISCLAIMER: I was NOT giving advice! I was merely stating the fashion of the time when I was younger. I would never tell people to wear like that again. YIKES! I hated some of those stuff mentioned.

Posted Image Posted Image

:D

DISCLAIMER: I was NOT giving advice! I was merely stating the fashion of the time when I was younger. I would never tell people to wear like that again. YIKES! I hated some of those stuff mentioned.

Posted Image

Give it a few decades, it might become retro and turn into a fashion statement Posted Image

Since we are all in the 90's, what Power Rangers' series were you following and buying toys for as a kid? I was a classic Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger fan up to Galaxy, then stopped. My stuff is in boxes somewhere and probably worth something to a collector, but I don't think anyone remembers the old toys, costumes, and transformable toys from bandai.

Edited by W_L

Give it a few decades, it might become retro and turn into a fashion statement Posted Image

Since we are all in the 90's, what Power Rangers' series were you following and buying toys for as a kid? I was a classic Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger fan up to Galaxy, then stopped. My stuff is in boxes somewhere and probably worth something to a collector, but I don't think anyone remembers the old toys, costumes, and transformable toys from bandai.

*twitchs* don't mention Power rangers I hated that show...