2013 New Years Resolution - Whats Yours ?

Wally J.

I don't bother any more.

One resolution was to drink less - lasted about a month, but then I had four celebrations back to back so I spent an entire week drunk :)

Another resolution was to give up eating fast food - lasted about a week

My worse resolution was to give up chocolate - that lasted all of eight hours  **epic fail**

Edited by andy021278

I don't bother any more.

One resolution was to drink less - lasted about a month, but then I had four celebrations back to back so I spent an entire week drunk :)

Another resolution was to give up eating fast food - lasted about a week

My worse resolution was to give up chocolate - that lasted all of eight hours  **epic fail**

Eight hours !! wow I am impressed ! :rofl: ( l love chocolate too much to try to give it up) :)

I don't really have a new-years-resolution but I am gonna join a gym in January..........................................................................................maybe

Edited by slytherin

I suck at resolutions, I usually end up totally forgetting them within a month. If I was gonna make one it would be to exercise more and eat less, but I've been doing that for months so it's kind of more of a "New Years Continue What I'm Already Doing" than a resolution.

I don't really have a new-years-resolution but I am gonna join a gym in January..........................................................................................maybe

Poor Grumpy will look like this a lot then :gikkle:  :

1054315481_pybearrrrr.jpg

• Like 2

I will just renew the resolution that I have made for the last four years. 

To go through and get rid of years of accumulated "stuff".

I write it out, all nice and neat, with illuminations, as did the monks of old in their monasteries.

As the clock strikes midnight on January 1st of the new year, I read it. Then at 12:01, with great solemnity, I burn it, go to bed and forget I was ever so foolish to have made and written it to begin with.   :*)

I write it out, all nice and neat, with illuminations...I burn it, go to bed and forget I was ever so foolish to have made and written it to begin with.   :*)

You should keep your resolutions.  Write them on a card, seal the card in an envelope, and keep the envelope in a desk drawer until next year.  :P

Edited by MikeL

It seems like most resolutions are about eating less or drinking less. I mean look after yourself no matter how old or young you are. Just drop the eating habits and start exercising at the comfort of your own privacy. I know it sounds difficult I used to say I have to go to the gym at one time I weighted over 250. Because of car accident I had to sit at home and basically do nothing beside eat and crap. But then I was like oh I don’t have a gym buddy. I went to gym and signed up by my own self and from there on I’m fit again. In a relationship with a freakin hot boyfriend that looks like one of those guys that are photo shop edited. All of this is just in the past 3 years. So give it a try.

:joe:

• Like 1

Eat more, drink more and go to the gym less

I like food, I spend too much time at the gym and my blood alcohol level is far too low.

hmm....I don't like the looks of this New Year :P

I want to just lower my guard and try to be more open to people.

• Like 1

Well, I never really make new years resolution. But I'll make two this year.

- Finish video games before buying new ones (I have a computer filled with unfinished computer games and a shelf full of unfinished video games, my resolution is to finish them before I buy new games (except Ni no Kuni and Sim City which I already pre-ordered. :X ). This will bring us to the next new years resolution...

- Save money. I need to save money for an apartment when I get my Ph D... 

What the hey, I'll indulge:

On your list:

- Eat Healthy Food (lololololol; not gonna happen...)

- Get a Better Education (woo, college!)

- Get a Better Job (oh gosh, manual labor =/= me)

- Manage Stress (I was freaking out a few dozen minutes ago... for no reason)

- Save Money (college isnt cheap... not are laptops)

- Take a Trip (I wish, but I don't have the resources...)

- Volunteer to Help Others (maybe if i make an annoymous vow to do, i will!!!oneoneonelentyone [no])

- Write More Stories on GA. (Just Kidding [you capitalize just kiding, but not More Stories? :P (PS: I'm working on it...)])

Personnel:

- Be less of an bastard. (I've a terrible habit of being an arse sometimes, for no real reason other than "I hate your presence".)

- Reach out to people. (read: healthy food [hint: also not gonna happen])

Yes, it is a list. But it is a humorous list, so all is good.

• Like 1

I don't really have real resolution for 2013... Because IMO they are more thing that you want to change about yourself, and they rarely work for many reasons. 

I have things that I want to achieve this year tho (get a house, become permanent at job, doing the semi-finals in mtl, doing chair umpire)

Edited by FrenchCanadian

i've never beleived in making resolutions, but this year I will.  For one thing, I need to start practicing self-discipline, and this seems as good a place to start as any.

I think it's important to set small, short term goals leading to a main goal. For me, "write more" or "finish something" won't cut it. So, my resolution is to attempt to write a minimum amount of words per week, in order to finish the next few stories on my list...

We'll have to see how I get on.......

• Like 1

What the hey, I'll indulge:

On your list:

- Eat Healthy Food (lololololol; not gonna happen...)

- Get a Better Education (woo, college!)

- Get a Better Job (oh gosh, manual labor =/= me)

- Manage Stress (I was freaking out a few dozen minutes ago... for no reason)

- Save Money (college isnt cheap... not are laptops)

- Take a Trip (I wish, but I don't have the resources...)

- Volunteer to Help Others (maybe if i make an annoymous vow to do, i will!!!oneoneonelentyone [no])

- Write More Stories on GA. (Just Kidding [you capitalize just kiding, but not More Stories? :P (PS: I'm working on it...)])

Personnel:

- Be less of an bastard. (I've a terrible habit of being an arse sometimes, for no real reason other than "I hate your presence".)

- Reach out to people. (read: healthy food [hint: also not gonna happen])

Yes, it is a list. But it is a humorous list, so all is good.

Love your response, specially where you criticize my grammer. :P

OK- I finish Operation Hammerhead this year.

Start my new project about which all I will say is fantasy setting.

Sounds good to me. Good Luck :thumbup: 

i've never beleived in making resolutions, but this year I will.  For one thing, I need to start practicing self-discipline, and this seems as good a place to start as any.

I think it's important to set small, short term goals leading to a main goal. For me, "write more" or "finish something" won't cut it. So, my resolution is to attempt to write a minimum amount of words per week, in order to finish the next few stories on my list...

We'll have to see how I get on.......

That sounds like self decipline to me. I know what you mean when you say that your setting a goal for each week. Because that helped me alot. Good Luck and Thanks for being a wonderful author. Your work is appreciated. :thumbup: 

Cure myself of procrastination and laziness!  :*)

Lets make it an active year. laziness doesnt get you anywhere. :2thumbs: 

Strive for better health and happiness for my family and myself. 

I wish the same for you and your family. And to everyone else that deserves it. May it be a happy and safe year for you and yours. :kiss: 

To save enough money for my Europe trip this summer, and to get into even better shape. 

Planing a trip is hard. I want to go on one but I dont know how or how to set it up. But good luck and I hope you enjoy it. :thumbup: