Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

The Great Norwegian Goat Cheese Fire

From the Associated Press:

OSLO, Norway (AP) — A road tunnel in northern Norway will be shut for several weeks after a 27-ton truckload of sweet goat's milk cheese caught fire.

Regional traffic department chief Geir Joergensen says flames engulfed the tunnel last week and gases from the melting, brown load hindered firefighters. It took four days to put it out.

The driver was not hurt and no other vehicles were in the 3.6-kilometer (2.2-mile) tunnel at the time.

Joergensen said Wednesday that the tunnel near the small Arctic municipality of Tysfjord, some 1,350 kilometers (840 miles) north of the capital, Oslo, likely will be closed for two more weeks.

Goat's milk cheese, a sweet delicacy with a high sugar and fat content, is an essential part of many Norwegians' daily diet.

Brunost_wide-36d385ee093345c8f92a6c14eac

A truckload of brunost cheese, like the kind seen here, recently caught fire in a Norwegian tunnel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbuJbPN3C-Y&feature=player_detailpage

Never underestimate the power of goats.

Edited by MikeL
  • Site Administrator

the melting, brown load

Much like we see every time CJ claims he doesn't use cliffhangers :P

I'm partial to angora goats from which I have some great mohair sweaters.  I suspect that CJ is a separate genus.  

One that hangs around precipices and cliffs....

But... I'm a mountain goat (I live in the high mountains of northern Arizona)... and contrary to malicious myths and faked evidence, , a mountain goat would never have anything to do with a cliff (or a cliffhanger!) Nor any sort of a precipice...

Much like we see every time CJ claims he doesn't use cliffhangers :P

But I never, ever use cliffhangers!!

OSLO, Norway (AP) — A road tunnel in northern Norway will be shut for several weeks after a 27-ton truckload of sweet goat's milk cheese caught fire.

Regional traffic department chief Geir Joergensen says flames engulfed the tunnel last week and gases from the melting, brown load hindered firefighters. It took four days to put it out.

The driver was not hurt and no other vehicles were in the 3.6-kilometer (2.2-mile) tunnel at the time.

Joergensen said Wednesday that the tunnel near the small Arctic municipality of Tysfjord, some 1,350 kilometers (840 miles) north of the capital, Oslo, likely will be closed for two more weeks.

Goat's milk cheese, a sweet delicacy with a high sugar and fat content, is an essential part of many Norwegians' daily diet.

Brunost_wide-36d385ee093345c8f92a6c14eac

A truckload of brunost cheese, like the kind seen here, recently caught fire in a Norwegian tunnel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbuJbPN3C-Y&feature=player_detailpage

Never underestimate the power of goats.

Cheese of mass destruction. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..