Posting stories from a tablet

Former Member

Do any other "Authors" use a tablet (in my case an iPad) to post stories here? I know that the Text Editor is incompatible with iPad, so I have to convert my stories to Word then email them to someone else to have them post my story chapters on my behalf.

I'm just curious if anyone else is having this issue and how are you working around it?

I'm asking because I find very few sites that cause any problems. I know this software (ip board) doesn't like apple iPads and even the app isn't much help unless you're trying to access administrative features which obviously I am not but I can pretty much do everything else I need to do here EXCEPT post my writing and it's frustrating to have to ask someone else to do it and sometimes things get messed-up when converting to Word.

I got my iPad from school and there is no way I can afford to but a computer, so I'm kinda stuck with what I have.

Squid,

Why not just post the chapters from one of the computer labs on campus or the library?  There are several places on your campus. 

Additionally, at UCLA there were a few places where you could check out laptops for a day using your student ID.  You might look to see if you can check out a laptop.

A.J.

Most libraries have computers available to the public and don't block GA as well.

Correct. If the library was open at the time I suppose I could try. But usually it's usually after or before hours whenever

i have the time to write for fun.

Can you get quickoffice? It's 20 bucks for the iPad version and creates documents in either .doc or.docx format. I haven't used it here (not an author) but it seems to work really well with PC/Mac versions of Word.

I have OpenOffice & Pages both of which convert to .doc .docx, .pdf, etc...

Additionally, at UCLA there were a few places where you could check out laptops for a day using your student ID.  You might look to see if you can check out a laptop.

I have no knowledge of that. Like I said in my original message, this iPad is from school.

Squid,

I've also done some additional work to determine how you might be able to use the iPad to post your stories.

Go to the App Store, and install (for free) one or all of the following browsers: Chrome, Mercury or Terra.  Each allows you to change your "user agent" string to pretend you are NOT on an iPad.

Using Chrome, select the option "Request Desktop Site" and you should get the full editor in GA.Stories.

Under Mercury and Terra, select the option User Agent and change to Mac OS X Safari so that it no longer thinks you are on an iPad.

I took some content from a Word document and I pasted it into GA.Stories using Chrome and it maintained most of the formatting.

A.J.