[dkstories] New Author's Blog/Site

A couple of days ago, Robert and I were discussing several things and part of our discussion included how to promote Shapers Chronicles: The Wreckers, and about blogging. Because of my work, and my tendency to post blogs of a political nature, it wasn't wise for me to continue blogging here.

Robert has pushed me a time or two in the past about setting up my own website, and at this time I could see a purpose for doing that. The site, www.dkstories.com is where you'll find my new blog, and where I'll work to promote my book for sale. Don't get any misperceptions, it doesn't mean I'm not happy with Gay Authors, nor does it mean I'm pulling out of this site. Myr has done too good of a job, and I'm far too comfortable here to want to leave.

All of my online (free) fiction is going to remain right here at Gay Authors. These forums are going to remain right here. www.dkstories.com is going to be a personal site...expect to see more about my life with Robert and our two dogs (back off Robert, if we divorce YOU still have to keep them!), hear more about my work, my thoughts on politics, and all that other stuff. Also, you'll see a lot about the books I'm offering for sale as they are released. Myr has kindly allowed links to them on my page here, and once they're available through Amazon and Borders, he's said he's going to put them in the Books section here. I really appreciate that, but I also feel one of the main purposes of Gays Authors is to offer free fiction online and I don't feel right really pushing/promoting works that I'm offering for sale as part of my committment to Gay Authors.

New chapters of stories I've started will be here first. You won't find them on my personal site, all you'll find are links for them to Gay Authors. There won't be forums over there to discuss new chapters (although it seems like no one's really interested in that much), those forums are here. There will be comments enabled for the blog, but that's about it...

Just wanted to make sure everyone heard directly from me what was going on...

(funny thing is, the website has been up for two days and I was looking at the statistics...nearly ten times as many people have visited dkstories.com from a straight and conservative-leaning board I belong to as have come from Gay Authors).

Also for those interested...exactly ONE copy of my book has been sold so far. Thanks to whoever it was that bought it!

(okay, yes, I'm suffering from that ancient dreaded enemy of authors and artists...low self-esteem)

• 1 month later...
New chapters of stories I've started will be here first. You won't find them on my personal site, all you'll find are links for them to Gay Authors. There won't be forums over there to discuss new chapters (although it seems like no one's really interested in that much), those forums are here. There will be comments enabled for the blog, but that's about it...

Just a few comments from a newbie to the forums:

If a newbie is particularly dense, said newbie might not realize that this part of your forum (as opposed to the story discussion) even exists. This would be due to not scrolling down whilst navigating to the story discussion. At least, that was the case with me, and I only found this area of your forum today.

Oops.

:stupid:

Just wanted to make sure everyone heard directly from me what was going on...

(funny thing is, the website has been up for two days and I was looking at the statistics...nearly ten times as many people have visited dkstories.com from a straight and conservative-leaning board I belong to as have come from Gay Authors).

Also for those interested...exactly ONE copy of my book has been sold so far. Thanks to whoever it was that bought it!

(okay, yes, I'm suffering from that ancient dreaded enemy of authors and artists...low self-esteem)

FWIW, I'll be buying one soon.

I'm downright amazed that you are getting more traffic from that other site than from GA! Is the base traffic on the other site far greater than on GA?