Open Club  ·  285 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Will finally has a character his own age who's a fellow slut! If Ethan is half Cuban, AND the son of the randy Senator, he's definitely hot, horny and hung (like a horse.) Just a given with my people. Us Cubans are all blessed and oversexed. LMFAO

Now now Carlos - we don't know Ethan is a slut...at least we don't know YET.  The speculation is a private school upbringing, probably catholic. If my memory serves me correctly the guys either were total sluts as you suggest in contrast to the whole "sex is for procreation only, and only after marriage" thing or they actually buy into the be good till marriage thing.  Of course there were middle of the road behaviors but it seemed at the time that the extremes were more the norm. 

My guess?  Ethan may very well lean to the slutty side, and might even be willing to mess around with guys, but will primarily prefer the ladies.  Lots of guys raised in all boy schools while being basically straight are also realistic and will take the opportunity to be "taken care of" sexually, and while I have little experience in that area, I can't imagine that anyone who takes and doesn't give back would continue to receive any benefits.

• Like 1

Poor Carlos, stereotypes Ethan before we actually find much of anything about him.  

J's speculation that Ethan attended a catholic military boarding elementary school as well sounds depressing.   Like Matt said in the story, the kid was in an orphanage.  No visits home over the summer or during other school breaks.  There could be enough anger there that Ethan wants nothing to do with Wade, his family or the extended CAP family.   And what if he is homophobic, which is also a possibility....

We still have to get through Robbie's memorial, which Will indicates Brad has made extravagant.

So much to finish and now I'm beginning to wonder where the next book in the saga will start? 

• Like 3

Y'all are over thinking this. Marc created Ethan to provide further opportunities for random blow jobs!

B1..... Straight acting has always been problematic for me. How straight acting can you be with a cock down your throat or up your ass.

How you behave in public and what you do in private are two very different things. "Straight acting" is a different way of saying masculine rather than effeminate. Some guys just hate nelly queens, especially when it is 90% acting and airs. My gay friends, who when they find out I am going to a football game, and are like, "oh my gaaawd, why would you want to do that? Lady Gaga's new video comes out today", just drive me nuts. They have their own stereotype and type that they like.

My idea is that Wade will be on the west coast and perhaps the young half-brother is a lost soul that needs someone and wants a change of scenery.   Not so far fetched....

OMG, if you were in Claremont CA you'd so be ready for a change, but Ethan may have friends at Webb he wants to stay with, so who knows.

As to Cubans, one of my best friends is Cuban and he is blonde haired and blue eyed. His mother and grandparents are from Cuba and they escaped in the early 60's, but his great-grandparents were from Italy and de' Medicis. No one ever expects him to speak perfect Spanish so it is always fun when he freaks out waiters and busboys at restaurants when they are talking about us or our group and they assume we are all stupid gringos (as if we don't know what maricon anyway).

St. Catherine's an interesting idea. Ethan would be right at home, it has a lot of foreign students, many of whom probably can't go home easily because of the distances.

• Like 3

Kitt.... When was the last time Mark gave us a male character who did not lean towards slutiness? lol

Daddy.... Stereotyping Ethan is just par for the course around here. Heck, Mark just introduced him and we have about written his whole life history :-)

Tim...... Football over Gaga? I resemble that remark! There have been a couple of people ask in a surprised voice... you're gay? To which my reply generally has been: I'm not sure but I do know my way around a nice dick! Thanks for reinforcing my comments about the looks of Cuban people. There was defacto segregation in pre-Castro Cuba so the races did not mix as much as in other Caribbean islands. We therefore had many of us turn out looking very European or very African. Natives all died out under Spain so they never really impacted the gene pool.

• Like 2

Well, I did a little research on Webb, and it's only a high school boarding school, so I fanwanked that Ethan was dropped off at St. Catherine's Military School for Boys, which is K-8, before going to nearby Webb. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of boarding schools that board elementary school students. Thinking about it, a Catholic military school would actually make a lot of sense- the Senator would probably like the order and the discipline of one, and with Ethan and his mother being Cuban, they're likely Catholic as well. Ethan being from a military boarding school background would likely given him a really different kind of bearing. So maybe Ethan will be a cute Cuban guy with a military air going on...nice.

Now that I think of it...we haven't seen much in terms of military guys being hot sex symbols, have we? I can't even remember if Matt or Wade have fooled around with one. Will hasn't. Yet. (I think this needs to be rectified, Mark. :P ) That's actually kind of weird- isn't the hot military guy right up there with the masculine college jock in terms of gay male fantasies?

This is why I have beta readers, so they can catch this stuff and do their research before the chapter is posted. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

There could be enough anger there that Ethan wants nothing to do with Wade, his family or the extended CAP family.   And what if he is homophobic, which is also a possibility....

I can see that for the beginning, him being hostile or at least apprehensive at first, but I doubt that Wade will give up easily on him and I suppose that Ethan will eventually see that Wade is nothing like their family.

As for him being homophobic, I doubt that because Mark said in a review where I suggested the same thing:

"I think a big part of who Ethan is will be derived from his mother, whom we haven't met yet. She raised him during those formative years. I'm not seeing him as a homophobe though. I mean, he is living in a boarding school."

Anyway, I can't wait for Wade to meet Ethan and baaah whyyy does it have to be after the funeral x.x I have a feeling that it will be weeks before we actually have a chapter where we meet him, I doubt the whole week + the funeral + possibly Robbie's will (which will all happen before Wade meeting Ethan) will fit into one chapter.

Edited by Sammy Blue
  • Like 2

LOL most of us don't care if it happens all in one chapter Sammy, as long as how ever many chapters it takes come at us quickly!

And Carlos? I believe that last character not leaning toward sluttyness would be Father Tim.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 3

This is why I have beta readers, so they can catch this stuff and do their research before the chapter is posted. :rolleyes:

Post 4379, Dated: September 28th, Mark's Beta Group-

Me:

I did have a question though- I checked the Webb School, and they don't house elementary school students- it's a 9 through 12 school, I believe. You made it sound like Ethan was just dropped at the Webb School, and that's not actually the case, if he was 7 at the time. I did look for a school that would make sense- let's say that Ethan got dropped off at St. Catherine's Academy in Anaheim, California. It's a k-8 school, so Ethan could have spent his elementary school/junior high years there. It's a military Catholic academy, and I can buy that a conservative Cuban mother would want him at a Catholic school, and that a military school would appeal to Wade's Dad. It would probably give Ethan a pretty interesting bearing for him to have been raised in a military school- it would contrast pretty strongly with kids like Will and JJ. Then, of course, when Ethan graduated, he could have gone off to the Webb School.

I looked it up, and it's a 34-minute drive from St. Catherine's Academy to The Webb School. BOOM! Perfect.

:P

Yes, Mark, it is indeed a nice thing you have beta readers.

Tim, I asked this in the CA thread and I'll ask it here- do you know of any boarding schools that take in people as young as 2nd grade? Otherwise, Ethan had to have had some kind of guardian who looked over him until he was old enough to go off to boarding school. (If it's St. Catherine's, it'd be 4th grade, I think there are some other boarding schools that take in 6th graders.)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

I looked it up, and it's a 34-minute drive from St. Catherine's Academy to The Webb School. BOOM! Perfect.

Tim, I asked this in the CA thread and I'll ask it here- do you know of any boarding schools that take in people as young as 2nd grade? Otherwise, Ethan had to have had some kind of guardian who looked over him until he was old enough to go off to boarding school. (If it's St. Catherine's, it'd be 4th grade, I think there are some other boarding schools that take in 6th graders.)

In someone's wet dream can you get from Anaheim to Claremont in 34 minutes.......  maybe at 3AM Christmas night.

The Judson School in Phoenix, AZ.

• Like 2

MapQuest failed me. Oh, well.

In any event, I'm pretty sure I'm owed an apology for that erroneous snarky remark, Arbour. 0:) I'm fine with snark that's well-deserved, but I'm not cool with it if I don't deserve that remark.

The Judson School in Phoenix, AZ.

Conveniently, the school closed at the end of the 1999-2000 school year, when Ethan would have been finishing 8th grade. Which would then necessitate a new boarding school for high school, enter Webb.

Edited by methodwriter85

In any event, I'm pretty sure I'm owed an apology for that erroneous snarky remark, Arbour. 0:) I'm fine with snark that's well-deserved, but I'm not cool with it if I don't deserve that remark.

Dude, Mark missed the original post in the drafts group, but then you pointed out the mistake again publicly here in the forums.  I'd say on the snark scale, you're just about even. ;)

• Like 2

Dude, Mark missed the original post in the drafts group, but then you pointed out the mistake again publicly here in the forums.  I'd say on the snark scale, you're just about even. ;)

Good point. We're even. Sometimes I forget what a snarky bitch I can be, given that 90 percent of the time I'm just sweetness and light to all. 0:)

In any event, I love that Mark's been beefing up the Danfield family. It's been really gradual and a slow build. Too many soaps will just add on this family out of nowhere and they'll suddenly become a core family. Sometimes it works, like the Buchanans on One Life to Live, but most of the time it falls flat, like the Eckert family on General Hospital.  It's taken us five stories before Mark officially inaugurated the Danfields as a CAP Core family with a long-lost relative. LOL.

• Like 1

Well no one can say this forum is boring, staid, or too prim and prissy!   Snarky indeed.

But to get back to Ethan, I think he will be a refreshing distraction to offset some of the somberness of the memorial for Robbie and the renewed sense of loss that event  will bring home to everyone.   

• Like 2

In a response to a review our beloved author pointed out Wade was awesome. Ever since meeting him in Bloodlines he stood out. The perfect partner for Matt. Also a improved version of JP. It is interesting to see him deal with problems which would confound Matt or most other people. Matt bonds with JJ. Wade bonds with Will.  When Will needs an opinion he goes to Wade. How will Ethan change that? Why did Wade ask Will to go with him?  My guess is that Wade and Wills relationship is solid. As for expanding the saga to include the Danfields it is a natural flow. As like this saga started with one person JP. o this inclusion of the Danfields started with Wade. Again it has given Mark the evil mother, the broken  father son relationship, and their efforts to repair it. Slowly they did. A real forgiveness. Now a new challange, Ethan JP called Will impressive on the bus. I think Wade is just as impressive. He is now the head of his family. More than a match for his mother. Yes Mark Wade is awesome!!

• Like 1

I keep getting the feeling Ethan will be the catalyst that sets Elizabeth off.  She had to have had a hand in momm'a deportation, and in Ethan being hidden away. First she lost control of Goodwell in the divorce, then any plans to regain control of the property were smashed when Reilley inherited the place with Wade as the trustee, so for Ethan to then inherit while she received nothing more and not even to be given control of that money thru the trust must really be turning up the heat under the pressure cooker!

In a response to a review our beloved author pointed out Wade was awesome. Ever since meeting him in Bloodlines he stood out. The perfect partner for Matt. Also a improved version of JP. It is interesting to see him deal with problems which would confound Matt or most other people. Matt bonds with JJ. Wade bonds with Will.  When Will needs an opinion he goes to Wade. How will Ethan change that? Why did Wade ask Will to go with him?  My guess is that Wade and Wills relationship is solid. As for expanding the saga to include the Danfields it is a natural flow. As like this saga started with one person JP. o this inclusion of the Danfields started with Wade. Again it has given Mark the evil mother, the broken  father son relationship, and their efforts to repair it. Slowly they did. A real forgiveness. Now a new challange, Ethan JP called Will impressive on the bus. I think Wade is just as impressive. He is now the head of his family. More than a match for his mother. Yes Mark Wade is awesome!!

That's the thing about pedestals though.  when you put someone on them, they have that much further to fall.

Nobody is perfect.  We have seen that many times with JP.  When Wade's failings become clear - which of course they must, because nobody is perfect - expect his fall to be all the harder.

• Like 1

Kody had some interesting thoughts in his latest review and I hope it's okay to start on that one in here:

"KodeOwl Yesterday, 11:58 PM

(Chapter 49 Review)

Mary Ellen

• Secret: This puzzled me (mainly that Wade did not ask her who told her). I took sometime reviewing who knew Wade’s secret. There was the inner family (Elizabeth and Beau); that brother of Jason Haupt (I do not remember his name); adopted family (who would not have told). I am going to guess Elizabeth told her. If she is offering a truce to stay out of her mother’s schemes I am guessing Elizabeth has some use of the secret. However, I doubt she would want it publicly known (since this puts her as negligent).

[side note] Does this means it had to be Elizabeth who told that brother about Wade’s secret since Matt only said he told him Wades father was abusive (but not sexually)."

---------------

It's an interesting question where Mary Ellen got this from. I wonder though, why Elizabeth would tell Mary Ellen about this. I mean, we all know that nobody can trust Mary Ellen and Elizabeth should not be so stupid to give her an information that could backfire this badly. I can imagine her already scheming how to use this one against Wade, but from telling Marry Ellen would come no good for her, I believe.

Jason Haupt did not know about what kind of abuse it was, but how many things can this mean? If it would be physical or emotional, Marry Ellen would have known that by herself, I guess, she's part of the family and close to them at least. So she might just have guessed right that it was sexual because everything else wouldn't make sense.

Then there is also the tape. Do we know what happened to Beau's tape? Did it just remain in his room? It's hard to imagine he did that, I mean it's like a ticking bomb, with servants in the house. But then again, I don't remember that anyone besides Matt, Wade and Beau knew that Beau actually got a copy. (didn't he?) She might have just found that one.

And also, Beau appears to be pretty clueless about the dynamics of his family. He might have just accidentally mentioned it in Marry Ellen's presence.

Any ideas? :3

Edited by Sammy Blue
  • Like 1

MaryEllen may not be a very likable character, but she is still a well educated, presumably intelligent young woman.  Emotional abuse and physical ( violent beating type) abuse would have been very visible in the home she also grew up in.  That pretty much leaves sexual abuse, and it was probably not all that hard for her to do the math.

• Like 3

While Mark does like to tidy things up, he sometimes does like to leave a few stray points hanging, only to reveal the import in a latter book in the saga.  Somehow, the whole thing with MaryEllen knowing Wade was sexually abused strikes me as something that we may not find a resolution to in the 9.11 story line.  But then that is just my guess.  

• Like 4

While Mark does like to tidy things up, he sometimes does like to leave a few stray points hanging, only to reveal the import in a latter book in the saga.  Somehow, the whole thing with MaryEllen knowing Wade was sexually abused strikes me as something that we may not find a resolution to in the 9.11 story line.  But then that is just my guess.  

This is something where it is much more likely than with most things. But that doesn't keep us from speculating now, does it? ;P

• Like 3

This latest chapter was so very sad, but it was written beautifully.  I am sure it had to be sad, and as he usually does Mark made us fee the sadness of the Robbie memorial.

I was also a little saddened about the fall slowdown Mark mentioned, but at least we know not to be so expectant every day now.

• Like 1

Dude, did you empty out the character vault here? Kai, Ryan, Lou, Marcel....... My head is still spinning!

The first tissue was needed after the hug between Lou and Brad.... Quick Draw McGraw eh?

i know I'm in the minority but, I feel about JJ the same way some of our friends around here feel about Tony. I have zero use for whinny bitches unless it's to tie them up, use clippers, candle wax and my old fraternity paddle on them. Darius should have bitch slapped him in the limo on the way to the Mission. That snotty bitch needs to be put in his place.

Brad's opening words established a new record for least amount of words read before a tissue was needed. Just a quick flashback at all the shit you've put the man through and I felt sorry for him. And then you had to reprint the last phone call. Damn you. That hurt. Marcel and the final goodbye helped.

You will do as you see fit, but I hope you keep Brad as a prominent character and write him as a more stable and mature individual. The poor man is due for some TLC after all his battles, specially those with Robbie and Will. With the Danfields about to become major drama characters, maybe Brad can become Wade's surrogate father and help him out. After all he's already faced Elizabeth so he can be active in countering any shenanigans she may throw at the family. 

• Like 1

That was so sad again :/

(Stop cutting onions already, Mark! :P)

I'm kind of glad the really sad parts are over. Not that I didn't like them, and I hope we will have more of these intense emotions in the future of CAP (although I don't hope for anyone to die or the like). But it's been a long journey to this point and I kind of feel exhausted by all the sadness.

And reprinting the last call was a good idea. It was pretty powerful, emotionally.

Darius should have bitch slapped him in the limo on the way to the Mission. That snotty bitch needs to be put in his place.

While I agree with most other things you wrote, and yes, JJ is a snotty bitch and snob, I don't think it was about him being a snob when he complained about it being in the mission. Actually I think he would have complained about any place, and it might as well have been someone else, just like Will and many others had other various outbreaks of emotions since 9/11, or what the teacher at Will's school did.

So what I'm trying to say, while I usually find JJ to be annoying, I think in this case I can totally understand him... And while his brothers were better in keeping their emotions under control we can't forget that JJ is basically a 12 y/o who has barely entered puberty. He's still a kid, in some ways.

Edited by Sammy Blue
  • Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..