Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

EVERY single time there was a happy ending of a book, the next book opened up in near disaster. :).

Can't wait for the next story :)

Thank you Mark and Team for keeping me entertained.

Edited by mmike1969

I was partly kidding when I said I expected a "Jerry Springer Thanksgiving". It makes me a little nervous when things get too calm. There are so many potential situations right around the corner you know all this warm and fuzzy can't last long. And Mark will surprise us with whatever comes in the next story.

Thanks again Mark and team for the best writing on the net.

• Like 1

We should be the ones thanking you and your team. You all did a phenomenal amount of work on the story and deserve every word of praise we can come up with.

Most indubitably so.  :*)

I've been a bit remiss in posting the final statistics for 9.11, but I've been a bit distracted of late (leaving your smartphone on the back of the pickup before taking a 25 mile road trip tends to do that).  That being said, I have built a highly functional spreadsheet that provides me with all kinds of arcane factoids to PIQUE :pissed: one's curiosity (or show the utter depths of my OCD).  So without further ado:

Shortest posting interval:  Six hours, 28 minutes.  (Chapters 37-38)

Average posting interval:  Four days, one hour, 35 minutes, 42 seconds.

Longest posting interval:  Eleven days, thirty-three minutes.  (Chapters 52-53)

Length of Publication:  317 days, four hours, 25 minutes; or 10 months, one week, four days, four hours, 25 minutes.

Number of chapter posting intervals that fell within one hour of the average posting time:  two (4-5 and 15-16)

So now you know that when Mark says he's going to slow posting down to once a week, start looking for the next chapter in about 4 days.  It's just the way he rolls.  :2thumbs:

Thanks again Mark for the wonderful and enthralling entertainment you and your team provide through nothing less than Herculean effort, I'm sure.

Sincerely,

Gerry

Edited by GLH
  • Like 5

Most indubitably so.  :*)

I've been a bit remiss in posting the final statistics for 9.11, but I've been a bit distracted of late (leaving your smartphone on the back of the pickup before taking a 25 mile road trip tends to do that).  That being said, I have built a highly functional spreadsheet that provides me with all kinds of arcane factoids to PIQUE :pissed: one's curiosity (or show the utter depths of my OCD).  So without further ado:

Shortest posting interval:  Six hours, 28 minutes.  (Chapters 37-38)

Average posting interval:  Four days, one hour, 35 minutes, 42 seconds.

Longest posting interval:  Eleven days, thirty-three minutes.  (Chapters 52-53)

Length of Publication:  317 days, four hours, 25 minutes; or 10 months, one week, four days, four hours, 25 minutes.

Number of chapter posting intervals that fell within one hour of the average posting time:  two (4-5 and 15-16)

So now you know that when Mark says he's going to slow posting down to once a week, start looking for the next chapter in about 4 days.  It's just the way he rolls.  :2thumbs:

Thanks again Mark for the wonderful and enthralling entertainment you and your team provide through nothing less than Herculean effort, I'm sure.

Sincerely,

Gerry

I love stats!!!  Awesome!!!

• Like 1

Okay, so after I made that statement I kinda thought I may have overstated things a bit.  In light of that fact, I decided that a little further investigation  was in order, so I researched all the stories that have been posted here on GA since the 'change' in January 2011, from the posting of Chapter 52 in "Millennium".  The "about 4 days" would have been accurate in a '3 to 5 days' sense, but the actual average posting interval from the January 2011 posting of Chapter 52 of "Millennium" until the conclusion of "9.11" came to four days, twelve hours, nineteen minutes and 52 seconds.

Individually, the average posting interval of each story broke down to:

Millennium  ------------  2 days, 21 hours, 7 minutes, 23 seconds

Poor Man's Son  -----  5 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes, 15 seconds

Paternity  --------------  4  days, 19 hours, 50 minutes, 6 seconds

9.11  --------------------  4 days, 1 hour, 35 minutes, 42 seconds

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

A college acquaintance of mine posted this photo of St. Louis from the Gateway Arch and it made me think of you, Mark. Just think, this was the view that Tony and Will saw on the trip. LOL.

10154522_639064459411_568024167831045731

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

A college acquaintance of mine posted this photo of St. Louis from the Gateway Arch and it made me think of you, Mark. Just think, this was the view that Tony and Will saw on the trip. LOL.

10154522_639064459411_568024167831045731

Actually, it's not.

That is a picture of Busch Stadium which was opened on April 4, 2006.  Ground was broken for this new stadium in 2004.   It replaced the prior Busch Stadium which was just to the North of this one and that one was opened in 1966.

Here's a picture of the old one with the new one to the left as it was still under construction.  Ballpark village occupies part of the site where the old Busch was.

800px-Busch_Stadium_new_construction.jpg

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 1

Actually, it's not.

That is a picture of Busch Stadium which was opened on April 4, 2006.  Ground was broken for this new stadium in 2004.   It replaced the prior Busch Stadium which was just to the North of this one and that one was opened in 1966.

Here's a picture of the old one with the new one to the left as it was still under construction.  Ballpark village occupies part of the site where the old Busch was.

800px-Busch_Stadium_new_construction.jpg

I love the way these pictures illustrate the changes in the ballpark area!  Thanks for posting them together!

60's/70's public buildings. Ugh. I hate that cement brutalist style so much. I'm glad that shit is often getting torn down.

St. Louis seems to have stabilized itself...not quite as well as Pittsburgh has, but they seem to have stopped the bleeding out. I think Pittsburgh has the win for the better skyline if we're going to do a "Battle of the Rustbelt Cities With Populations Currently in the 300k Range", though:

pittsburgh_skyline_1_by_juengel08-d4lv3u

60's/70's public buildings. Ugh. I hate that cement brutalist style so much. I'm glad that shit is often getting torn down.

St. Louis seems to have stabilized itself...not quite as well as Pittsburgh has, but they seem to have stopped the bleeding out. I think Pittsburgh has the win for the better skyline if we're going to do a "Battle of the Rustbelt Cities With Populations Currently in the 300k Range", though:

pittsburgh_skyline_1_by_juengel08-d4lv3u

I'm not sure what brought you to the conclusion that the bleeding in St. Louis is over.  That's not how I see it.  I see it as a city that is ruled by the status quo, where innovation is not rewarded, but towing the line and maintaining the good old boy network is.  I would be very wary of starting a new business here.  You're more likely to have it stolen or sabotaged by the powers-that-be. 

As for skylines, I think Pittsburgh wins hands down, especially if you come in from the tunnel on the freeway from the airport, where the whole downtown seems to explode in front of you as you come out of it.  Impressive.

I'm just saying that St. Louis has stopped bleeding population- they've settled in at the 300k mark after decades of massive population losses.

Very true about the Pittsburgh skyline, Mark...it really is magic at night:

I think the varied topography of Pittsburgh really adds to the magic of their skyline.

• 3 years later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..