Name the Movie from the Quote

Was this one with a dead starship captain who was in deep freeze, and a talking bomb that wanted to explode? Man, I was about 12 or 13 when I saw that. Can't remember the title for the life of me.

Thats the one Podga :)

A little google will give the name.

Google, what is this Google you speak of.  Im working through my Sci fi collection.   :) from A to Z.  And I'm talking movie type.  A movie b movie.  :gikkle:.

Well that sounds like a good collection to have :P

As a clue, if you take out "Alien" and "Total Recall" you will have one of the creative team behind this one; also in between this and Alien he spent some time on a little film called "Star Wars" doing the special effects after George Lucas saw this film and hired him.

and if you bridge over into horror, The Thing and Haloween will find you the other half of the creative team.

Pogda, that is a fantastic quote.  

Monty Python and Holy Grail.

Consult the book of armaments. :)

Love that scene. The holy hand grenade..."Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

Poor rabbit...even if he had a vicious streak a mile wide and nasty big pointy teeth.

• Like 1

Okay I googled, although Gabriel is far too young to know this movie, and I would have never guessed it's a classic :P

Dark Star

Lol it is a cult classic amongst the geek community. I was introduced to it by a mate who insisted I watch and it was a bit of a head trip. Like many things Ive seen from the early 70's, the impression is everyone was on something when they did it, but it treads a line between inspired and camp better than Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. And the idea of teaching Descartian Doubt to a sentient bomb in order to prevent it exploding due to a faulty trigger mechanism because it 'cant be sure the signal wasnt false data' was so much fun. Especially when the bomb decides that on that basis, the only thing it can be sure about is its own existence, making it in effect god.

Let there be light...

*boom*

Talk about philosophy 101 getting you into trouble.

• 2 weeks later...