The O.C.'s Ten Year Anniversary

methodwriter85

Ready to feel old, guys? The O.C. premiered 10 years ago today.

The 10 Best Things The O.C. Gave Us

It was short-lived, but definitely one of the biggest pop culture phenons I've ever experienced, where EVERYONE was talking about the show- not just us teenagers, but our teachers, parents, coaches. And it was one of the few soap operas that guys actually admitted to watching. It had a huge impact on fashion and music as well.

I'll always have a bit of a crush on Adam Brody because of the show.

Tell me about it, but I was an OTH boy more than an OC boy :P

Peyton and Lucas were a better couple than Ryan and Melissa (Runs from the angry old men with torches)

• Site Administrator

Hmmm, if you feel old about the O.C. imagine how old I feel when the same was being talked about with the original Beverley Hills 90210 :)

*sigh* Brandon and Dillon 0:)

I LOVED "The OC"! Wow, haven't thought about that show in forever! Can't believe it's been ten years since Ryan and Marisa. But of course I liked it better when Marisa ran off with Olivia Wilde's character (I forgot her name).

Ditto "Bev Hills, 90210", but actually I think I like "90210" better.

Her name was Alex. They really were enjoyable. I thought Marissa and Ryan had their moments, but the true star couple was Seth and Summer.

I've enjoyed re-runs of One Tree Hill and the show did have its moments. but I think it was hampered by the fact that Chad Michael Murray really isn't that good of an actor...The O.C. had it's weak link in Mischa Barton, but other than that, the acting and the dialogue was so strong that the show hit a higher bar than the One Tree Hill did.

The show had a phenomenal season 1, a good season 2, a trainwreck season 3, but then came back together in the end to send the show off on a good season 4.

Here's one of my favorite moments from the show:

Edited by methodwriter85

OMG, I remember this show! God, I feel old... 

Last year I had a job looking after a one-year-old in the daytime. While he was napping there was nothing to do but watch TV, and there were OTH reruns. I almost got into it then, but I never watched it when it first started.

Oh! Does anyone remember Young Americans? It got canceled after, like, 8 episodes but I remember I really loved it!

• Site Administrator

Here is an interesting slide show for your viewing pleasure :)

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/photos/the-o-c-where-are-they-now-slideshow/chris-carmack-luke-ward-photo-1375803176435.html

I think you might be surprised what the bully Chris Carmack is currently doing ;)

Ehh, I was kinda too young to really watch or care about The OC. But I do remember all my friends' older brothers and sisters who were in high school talk about it all the time and how great it was. 

omggg Kristen is like such a little b*tch like she didn't even get me a present this year and like did you see that shirt she wore...that is like myyy shirt...like....i pull it off so much better.

omggg Kristen is like such a little b*tch like she didn't even get me a present this year and like did you see that shirt she wore...that is like myyy shirt...like....i pull it off so much better.

You're thinking of Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County:

The O.C. was never really like that. It was centered by a bromance and the two power couples of Ryan/Marissa and Seth/Summer...Mean Girls wasn't really a running undercurrent of the show.

Ehh, I was kinda too young to really watch or care about The OC. But I do remember all my friends' older brothers and sisters who were in high school talk about it all the time and how great it was.

Every generation has a show. For my oldest sister born in 1977, it was 90210. For my sisters born in the early 80's, it was Dawson's Creek. For me, it's the O.C. For you people born in the early/mid-90's, I'd say it was Glee.

Edited by methodwriter85

Every generation has a show. For my oldest sister born in 1977, it was 90210. For my sisters born in the early 80's, it was Dawson's Creek. For me, it's the O.C. For you people born in the early/mid-90's, I'd say it was Glee.

I was born in the late 80s, and I like Glee. :P The O.C. should have been my show, but it wasn't really, cause by the time it started I was getting bored of high school dramas and moving on to sci-fi, fantasy and horror-based shows, and anime. As such I only ever saw the first season or so and then moved on to other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, I was born before the late 80's and I LOVE Glee! It'll be hard watching it again after what happened.

Anyway...I liked reading that Chris Carmack (Luke was way hunkier than Ryan), played a gay cowboy on the now-cancelled "Nashville". He even looked like Kenny Chesney in the photo. lol

i grew up with parents who convinced us we lived in the wrong part of town to receive most television. by the time i was old enough to care, i had other things to do.

i may be the only person with no idea AT ALL what "the OC" was/is

• Like 1

i grew up with parents who convinced us we lived in the wrong part of town to receive most television. by the time i was old enough to care, i had other things to do.

i may be the only person with no idea AT ALL what "the OC" was/is

For this I admire you greatly. You are a gentleman and a scholar. :P

• Like 1