Or another theory: Dom just twists around to keep the discussion on the board alive between the LRTE- gang and the followers of a Seth-Rory-hookup. :devil:

Peter

Naah. Dom stated that he avoids the Forum discussions so that there isn't any possibility of our discussion impacting his plot lines.

Our 'friendly banter/divisiveness' is just a consequence of his writing.

LRITErs RULE! WHOO HOOOOO!!!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Painting and remodeling...sounds like she is getting it ready to sell. Why else would an elderly lady go through all that trouble by herself?

Making the house and his room more accomodating to Rory, so he is happy with the place when he moves back there?

Oh 'Friendly' please tell me you did not just equated Rory excusing himself from sitting with Seth at a crowded club to go cheer up Luke with Seth deciding (without consulting Rory) to leave a naked, post-orgasmic Rory to drive over and pick up a drunken 'ex'!

I did and I stand by it. The point is each one of them was briefly willing to leave the other to go and help someone their boyfriend might be jealous of. It's true that Seth doesn't dislike Luke in the way that Rory dislikes Aaron, and there isn't actual history between Rory and Luke, but it's also true that Aaron's danger is more tangible and immediate than Luke's. Also Rory LIVES with Luke, it can't be easy for Seth knowing that his boyfriend is living with the really attractive (inside and out) gay guy. Remember Aaron's whole conversation with Rory about Luke being alot to compete with? Well he is, and it's only normal that people dating Rory would feel that way. My comparison also works because I feel both Rory and Seth made the right decision. Being in a relationship shouldn't mean you become completely insensitive to other people's feelings and situations. It's admirable that they're helping other people, and their jealous/insecure feelings are the problem they need to discuss NOT their actions.

What I don't understand is why Seth took the call to begin with. how many of us have every looked at the caller name/number on the phone and let it go to voicemail instead of picking up?!?!

Earlier, Seth gets a call from Angela and he ignores it--Angela is his good friend! The conversation with James should have been, "Where can Aaron sleep it off?"

Angela called Seth in the middle of the day, as she does on as many days as not during the week. Aaron called Seth in the middle of the night, which he presumably isn't in the habit of doing. Seth simply ignored a "routine" phone call from someone because it wasn't convenient. Sure she MIGHT have needed something, but chances were it was just another typical call (as it was). It's much more alarming to get a call from anyone in the middle of the night, especially someone who doesn't call very often (I say this as a chronic worrier, I know I'm in much more of a rush to answer the phone if it rings at a weird time). Besides that for all we know he DID let the voicemail pick it up and when he found out what it was about decided to call back. I would like to think Seth WOULD call back under those circumstances. And as Ann pointed out the call might not have come from Aaron's number. Kevin (not James), may have lent Aaron his phone.

And Luke isn't in love with Dave. I've yet to understand this theory at all. He's been bestfriends with Dave for some time, and I think by now he would have either reconciled or revealed his feelings. He's totally got something for Rory.

That tends to be my viewpoint too. Though I guess it's possible his feelings "just developed".

Rory just that afternoon reminded Seth that he was leaving in four weeks. I don't think that Rory has the right to make demands as to who Seth helps when they need him. If Seth didn't help someone just because they treated him like shit he would have left Rory at that party when he was stranded. Seth and Rory agreed not to see other people while they are together and that is about as much Rory has a right to ask.

Exactly

I’m sorry, I don’t see the Luke/Rory thing happening. Seth answered the phone, we know that much, but we don’t know what the circumstances were. I don’t remember ever hearing about Aaron having a cell phone. Aaron was at a party. Maybe Seth answered an unfamiliar number out of curiosity and he was bored because Rory was sleeping. You know, it’s possible that he agreed to help Aaron because Seth is a good guy and didn’t want to leave even someone like Aaron in that situation.

It does seem like there are some jealousy issues between Seth and Rory, but that doesn’t mean they won’t work them out, and I don’t see any ‘cracks’ that Dom has been leaving in their relationship. All that Dom has left are little clues to keep us wondering about Luke’s interest, and I have a feeling we will see who that is in the next few chapters. I don’t think Seth and Rory are going to break up at all. Everyone seems to be focusing on what “Luke” is feeling and we only have Rory to portray that to us. We need to think about what “Rory” is feeling. All of his romantic interest is in Seth. He thinks about Seth all the time. They cuddle, they kiss. Rory plays a part in this in a way that he didn’t with Aaron. They talk, and more importantly, they talk about how they want to deal with each other. They want to see ‘one person’ while they are with each other and they want to wait and see how they feel at the end of the summer to figure out what they’re going to do about their relationship.

Luke tells Rory that he wants him to stay, but it feels more like he’s doing it because he cares about Rory as part of his family, not because he sees Rory as a potential boyfriend. Rory may be attracted to Luke, but he cares about Luke as a best friend. That does not sound like a romantic interest. Thinking someone is hot is one thing, having feelings for them is another. I’m not saying that there isn’t a possibility that Luke has some feelings for Rory, but at this point, “Rory’s” romantic interests point to Seth, and that will come into play if he does have to make a decision.

Yep, yep. Though I think I could see the Luke/Rory thing happening eventually, and might still want it depending on how it developed and what happened to Seth.

Anyway take care everyone and have a great day!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
Both are fairly "unobtainable". Also we can't necessarily read too much into the "who'll never leave me" line. Sure I thought the same thing about Rory leaving, but he could have simply meant it in the regular, "we're dating and I don't want him to leave me" sorta way.

But Luke has no reason to worry about Dave's leaving him, in either sense.

In the whole Seth/Aaron & Rory/Luke should they feel jealous thing, no-one has yet mentioned one simple difference. Seth has no evidence that Luke is lusting after Rory or that Rory has any desire to become involved with Luke other than in a brotherly way (but it will happen!!! :2thumbs: ) but Rory has been told point blank by Aaron that he wants Seth and will take him from Rory. Rory has made it abundantly clear to Seth that he probably wouldn't even hit the brakes if Aaron stepped in front of Eddie's truck if he was driving. Seth still seems inordinately involved with Aaron and goes out of his way... this is the second time that we've known about that he's gone to the party house to see Aaron and he was a little too interested about Rory's confrontation with Aaron on the road home and what was his main concern.." did he head towards my house". I'm not saying these things mean anything but they do leave me with a feeling of unease about the whole Seth & Aaron relationship.

Edited by Rabble_Rouser
  • Site Moderator

One thing that I haven't really seen anyone mention yet is the conversation that Aaron had with Rory concerning his leaving and Seth. Rory hasn't really told Seth much of anything about it.

Plus, Rory is going with Seth to pick up Aaron. The chapter ends with Seth saying. "I'm gonna get dressed, We'll leave in a minute."

It really is looking more and more like Seth still has a little thing for Aaron. When he realizes Aaron is serious about him, I see an end to the Rory/Seth paring, which sucks cuz they just....well, work. Also, I'm still not completely convinced Luke like Rory, its all been too vague. Sucks if Rory ends up alone...

ok, hi everyone. how are we all today?

i just have one thing to say really. i don't know if everyone's thinking seth and rory will break up because of aaron (and they will break up...they have to, or i will cry), or what, but we have to realize that although aaron is an ass who needs a good slap every once in a while, he's also JUST aaron. he's human like the rest of us and although he is a mega-bitch, he might not be the cause of all this drama in the future? then again, i could be totally wrong. there are a lot of different ways seth and rory can have a fallout with eachother (because they WILL break up). and not all of them are hateful, hurtful, or dramatic. but, we shall see. :blink:

chris

i just have one thing to say really. i don't know if everyone's thinking seth and rory will break up because of aaron (and they will break up...they have to, or i will cry), or what, but we have to realize that although aaron is an ass who needs a good slap every once in a while, he's also JUST aaron. he's human like the rest of us and although he is a mega-bitch, he might not be the cause of all this drama in the future? then again, i could be totally wrong. there are a lot of different ways seth and rory can have a fallout with eachother (because they WILL break up). and not all of them are hateful, hurtful, or dramatic. but, we shall see. :blink:

chris

Love the Avatar Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::great:

Edited by naper_vic

chris

Can others use that avatar? It's really cool.

I did and I stand by it. The point is each one of them was briefly willing to leave the other to go and help someone their boyfriend might be jealous of. It's true that Seth doesn't dislike Luke in the way that Rory dislikes Aaron, and there isn't actual history between Rory and Luke, but it's also true that Aaron's danger is more tangible and immediate than Luke's. Also Rory LIVES with Luke, it can't be easy for Seth knowing that his boyfriend is living with the really attractive (inside and out) gay guy. Remember Aaron's whole conversation with Rory about Luke being alot to compete with? Well he is, and it's only normal that people dating Rory would feel that way. My comparison also works because I feel both Rory and Seth made the right decision. Being in a relationship shouldn't mean you become completely insensitive to other people's feelings and situations. It's admirable that they're helping other people, and their jealous/insecure feelings are the problem they need to discuss NOT their actions.

Kevin

"Ah Grasshopper, you have much to learn in the ways of love and relationships."

hello again, everyone.

since there was such a high demand for my avatar, i decided to make a couple more so you all can choose which one you'd like to use! (yeah, i'm a geek).

here's mine:

lrite.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/boyx...lover/lrite.gif

and here are a few more:

thidiot.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/boyx...ver/thidiot.gif

inlove2.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/boyx...ver/inlove2.gif

lrite2.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/boyx...over/lrite2.gif

feel free to use whichever one you want. be sure to click on the URL underneath the avatar so you'll get the full URL...otherwise it won't work.

chris

In the whole Seth/Aaron & Rory/Luke should they feel jealous thing, no-one has yet mentioned one simple difference. Seth has no evidence that Luke is lusting after Rory or that Rory has any desire to become involved with Luke other than in a brotherly way but Rory has been told point blank by Aaron that he wants Seth and will take him from Rory.

Seth also does not know that Aaron has told Rory that Aaron, 1)likes Seth more, 2)still likes him, and 3) will wait till Rory is gone and get Seth back. Rory hasn't shared that info with Seth yet, so Seth has no clue on how Aaron feels about him or what Aaron is filling Rory's head with.

Since Seth doesn't know what Aaron has said to Rory, I can see why Seth may get annoyed with Rory's "jealous" behavior about Aaron and why he doesn't seem to understand where Rory is coming from. (the way Rory was when he saw Aaron at the pretzel -place Seth works at in the mall, and now needing a ride). Seth probably feels like Rory's behavior as not trusting Seth (I would feel that way) especially since he (Seth) has not been brought up to date on Aaron's comments to Rory about how Aaron feels about Seth.

Rory needs to share Aaron's comments with Seth this way they can be on the same page knowing the same info. It could make a difference on Seth's future dealings to Aaron. He needs to open up and trust Seth, especially since Seth that afternoon stated he wanted to be "exclusive" with Rory, seeing noone else and Rory agrees.

Another great chapter Dom...

Tom

Seth already said in this chapter he doesn't want to see anyone else. He also told Rory that he can't see other people either. (and now for something I find annoying but choose to do anyway)......The End.

Kisses

Nick

Unless Seth ends up being the one to thrust his purple-headed warrior into Grandma Alice's quivering mound of love pudding ... :ranger:

Sorry, I couldn't resist .......... 0:)

And now I'm starting to think that Luke's crush might actually really be Dave instead of Rory ...

I disagree. Luke has been trying to get Rory's attention ever since they met. Winking at him in the buff after his shower,...parading around naked al the time,...sitting on Rory on his bed,...Etc. Luke has done everything but come right out and say it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I have not really seen any indication that Luke is hot for Dave. We have pretty much established that Dave is 'unobtainable' because he is straight. But is Rory? And this latest development with Seth wanting to rescue Aaron upsetting Rory...hmmm

Chapter 31 should be interesting.

I disagree. Luke has been trying to get Rory's attention ever since they met. Winking at him in the buff after his shower,...parading around naked al the time,...sitting on Rory on his bed,...Etc. Luke has done everything but come right out and say it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I have not really seen any indication that Luke is hot for Dave. We have pretty much established that Dave is 'unobtainable' because he is straight. But is Rory? And this latest development with Seth wanting to rescue Aaron upsetting Rory...hmmm

Chapter 31 should be interesting.

Welcome Jeffs!!!! All good points, you sound like an LRITEr! :boy:

And let's not all forget that when Rory came out on the dance floor to dance with Luke that Luke started grinding his ass into Rory's crotch. :lol:

I think when Luke stated to Rory "You really are family, aren't you?" or something to that effect, it was more of a "Wow, you really don't get it, do you?" Perhaps an inner resignation to what Luke believes to be the truth: Rory isn't interested in him.

Poor Luke. As if having it for Rory isn't bad enough.

• Site Moderator

If I remember correctly, in the beginning Rory thought Luke was hot. He was also lead to believe that Luke was a cousin because Eddie was too stupid to talk to Rory and tell him the truth. But then again, had Rory known the truth, where would the story be now?