• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Moderator
one of these days... I will beat you guys to this. :P

Well, the best way I can think if is, when you send it to be posted, simply come here and let us know you've sent it.

I do that with Collision, after I've sent it to our hosts and I post it at my own site, I then go to a couple of sites to announce it's coming soon.

Now that I've said this, it's time to goto The Talon House, and another site to announce Chapter 30 is out.

TalonRider

The theme of this chapter ladies and gentlemen is jealousy.

Drunken X'es that call in the middle of the night tend to do that to everybody regardless of orientation. :angry:

I know someone in a similar situation who called the cops and complained about an obnoxious drunk hanging out where he was supposed to be picked up. :evil:

Great chapter Dom. I laughed, I cried, I was even more confused and intrigued as to where the heck the story is going than before. Lots of jealousy, and well jealousy. And boy is Aaron seriously starting to get on my last nerve.

I think that the longer I read this story the more my headache grows when trying to figure out what is going on. I mean is Seth feelings for real with Rory, or is it just something to get back at Aaron for. Is Luke crushing on Rory? Or is it Aaron or Dave? His comments to Rory on the porch about going for guys that weren't available can fit all three of them. Rory's sort of family and taken and leaving, Aaron is sooo not welcome anywhere near the house and a selfish putz, and Dave is straight. And Aaron. He has made it clear that he will still be around after Rory leaves, and Seth will be fair game, but yet he still finds the need to pop up and make himself known to Rory. I'm start to think he is like a bad rash or skin disease that never goes away. Maybe herpes?

Is Rory going to leave after a month? Or is he going to go home? Or is he going to go home and find he doesn't fit there anymore?

I think at this point I need intervention. Either that or a stiff drink. :unsure:

I have to remember my mantra I think....its just a story...it's just a story....its just a story.

OK, I know a lot of the LRITES are going to be upset after this chapter, but Luke said it best.....Rory would try to talk some sense into him for crushing on Dave....or could it be that he got into some of Rory's childhood pictures and saw a certain someone in them who grabbed his eye and tickled his fancy???

In doing research for a story that I'm working on, there are a few things about Aaron that caught my interest.

The character that I'm working on has ADD and I wonder if that isn't one of his problems. That and alcoholism and narcisism....

here's a few "markers"

-Short attention span

-impulsive behavior

-interupts or intrudes on others

-trouble keeping attention on tasks

-easily distracted

Another great chapter. I really like how everything is playing out. Has anyone else thought about Grandma Alice's activities with her house? Painting and remodeling...sounds like she is getting it ready to sell. Why else would an elderly lady go through all that trouble by herself? It seems like she let Eddie in on this, and is once again hiding things from Rory. Maybe she is going to move to Arizona to live with them. That would certainly be an intereting twist.

I hate to admit that Nicholas might be right (no, not about Luke and Alice) but I'm thinking that it's Dave who Luke has the crush on for.

Amazing chapter Dom!!! I can't believe that you're churning out a new chapter every 2-3 days (not that I'm complaining or want you to stop :o )

Think we saw one major clue that Rory will decide to stay in Arizona...

it had planted some serious fear about what would happen if I did decide to come out to my friends back home

I really think Rory will realize before the story ends that he will give up more by going back to Alice than he would gain.

I loved the Jealousy, Seth is jealous of Luke, Rory is jealous of Aaron and Luke is jealous of.... Angela?

There's still something nagging at me about Seth (and no, it isn't the laminated LRITE membership card I got in the mail yesterday...) something just doesn't fit with Seth that is making wait for the other penny to drop (and the same can be said about Luke)

If Luke thought Rory has no interest in him, he was handed a definite clue in this chapter...

"Hey," I finally said in a hapless attempt. "When you look like you no one
He reveals a little too much about who's on his mind, but he recovers a bit and adds,

"or disappointing me."

Fortunately, Rory is too dense to catch that.

Rory doesn't seem to notice anything until it bites him in the ass.

Oh, and Seth sure isn't shy anymore.

I want to cry. :,( I am just so totaly confused on who I want Rory to be with. I looooove Seth with Rory Oh my god they are wonderful and I so want them to work out together. But like I said before I Loooove Luke and I want him to be so very happy I want him to get his crush.

So now im depressed because Sometimes I get so wraped up in the story I forget it is fiction, and I want to get out the phone book and find them all and get luke to tell me who he likes and kick Aarons but and tell him to leave Rory and Seth alone. :blink: but then I remember its just a story. :*) So yes if your all wondering yes i am obsessed :whistle: Well Sorry for the ramblings.

And I agree with you Glomph on the quote below

But after Aaron, I swore to myself that I wouldn

Edited by OTRFK

Dom I don't know how, but you've managed the impossible. Right up to 28 I thought I saw a definate direction in the story, but now I'm not so sure anymore! You've thrown me for a loop again! I'm still not positive on who Luke likes, and I'm not about to try since I will always be wrong. I also am not sure if Rory will stay or leave. I know in the end he'll stay, I'm just not sure if he'll leave first. There is an interesting prospective story in each case so I couldn't care less either way. Keep up the good work.

Wow this was quite a chapter!

So I'm really confused on who Luke likes too. I can't believe I'm seriously entertaining the thought that it might be Dave, when all along I'd given Luke more credit than to fall for a straight guy. BUT now that he said all that stuff about how his issues with his dad and Aaron were leading him to fall for "unobtainable guys".....well it seems alot more likely.

It's also impossible to tell based on that whether or not he meant Dave or Rory. Both are fairly "unobtainable". Also we can't necessarily read too much into the "who'll never leave me" line. Sure I thought the same thing about Rory leaving, but he could have simply meant it in the regular, "we're dating and I don't want him to leave me" sorta way.

Also Luke's response to Rory's statement about kicking some sense into the guy. Well if it's Dave, Luke's got every reason to believe he's the one Rory would "kick some sense into", since Dave's straight. And if it's Rory, well again Rory would be trying to reason with Luke and be like "uhh,,,,,Seth ;) ".

AND if you think back to how Aaron was talking about the way Luke would do anything to make his friends happy.....There's still no way to tell if he's sucking it up and being so supportive of Seth and Rory, OR if he's sucking it up and being supportive of Angela and Dave. The whole thing is really delightfully open-ended right now.

I thought it was so great and funny when Rory cut in on Mary and Luke and started dancing with Luke. I definitely think Seth and Rory need to have a little chat about jealousy and trust.

Oh and Seth and Luke have got to be two of the greatest guys in the world! I mean look at how teriffic they are!

I liked that observation about Grandma Alice maybe remodeling because she's about to sell her house. It's much nicer than my theory about her using that as an excuse for "being tired" when in actuality it's because she's sick. It would of course also eliminate one of Rory's conflicts if she were planning to move to Arizona.

Did anyone else notice this was the first chapter Rory officially referred to Seth as "his boyfriend"? Also, I'm probably reading too much into it, but at a few points Meg seemed almost genuinely homophobic to me. Probably not though.

Anyway a little observation from this chapter:

"Would you like something to drink, Rory?" Mrs. Fisher asked.

"So you want something to drink?" Seth asked me

Anyone else notice the Fisher family is a little preoccupied with making sure everyone (especially Rory) is well-hydrated? If you look back over the chapters it definitely seems to be a theme. Of course it's realistic. It also makes sense that Seth would have learned this from his family. It reminds me of "My New Brother". In that story Mrs. Johnson was constantly offering people tea. Kinda like "oh my gosh this is horrible.....I'll make tea!" :P I think it's awesome, and captures the way many people behave in everyday (and crisis) situations. Nice touch.

Anyway I loved the chapter and am eagerly awaiting the next. Take care and have a great day all!

Kevin

No, no no Friendly. The emphasis on hydration isn't the mundane interaction of familial discourse, it's instead the primevil urge of every human being to realize their baser realities. Consider, that the human body is composed of 70% water and before born we are surrounded in fluid. We therefore come to the realization that it's not about water, it's about life. What Seth and his kin are offering Rory is life, the purified essence upon which we all depend.

Consider also, that many cultures and tribes, especially in desert regions viewed sharing water as a sign of peace, and cordiality. To drink water with others was to signify peace and friendship. The drink therefore might be viewed as an acceptance into the Fisher household to one once viewed as an enemy.

But, what of the baser realities? The water that they offer Rory is something fleeting. Whether by evaporation or consumption, the water will dissapear, leaving nothing where it once was. So too might the relationship of Rory and Seth evaporate leaving nothing in its wake, but an empty container, a container that once had a human soul.

//shadows

P.S. I'm willing to bet that the relationship between Seth and Rory is over within a few chapters.

Geez-us ... This chapter is incredible is so many different ways.

And i think we've all noticed by now that Rory isn't the brightest kid in the world.. i mean seriously.. What's up with that? I think after Luke's little hints he'd be able to narrow it down to him and Dave... But i guess subconciously his mind is blocking any thought of Luke possibly liking him... because of the "best friend"-ish thing and all.

I still have the feeling that Rory is the person Luke likes... I mean.. it's just a guess.. but the first time i made a guess when i read this story.. i turned out to be right... after the whole theatre thing with Seth, Aaron and Rory.. i said "Hmmm I think Seth will be with Rory after Aaron".. hah.. turns out i was right... I really did like it when they hooked up.. i dunno.. love stories that are very at-first-back-off-cause-i-despise-you-then-awwe-i-like-you-so-lets-be-together always seem very lovable nd interesting to me..

except for the thing with Luke.. cause his relationship with rory is not like that.. its one of those starts-out-as-friends-then-maybe-more-eventually kinda stories.. and i really wouldnt mind.. cause i love Luke... i wanna marry him.

*sigh* next chapter wpuld be interesting

and oh.. anyone here thinks that Seth was only making an excuse when he said the lube was only so they can wet hump eachother and not for uhhh "poking".. cause he saw Rory get all nervous and stuff? I really don't.. i thought it was sincere... but my Lesbian friend seem to think so.. 0:)

P.S. what does LRITE mean?

P.S. what does LRITE mean?

Luke & Rory In The End

LRITErs are the sweet lovable (some say dulashanal) Domaholic's who hope/believe that it'll be Luke and Rory. Our numbers vary from Chapter to Chapter *CoughAFriendlyFaceCough*, but there are some of us who have never waivered in our belief.

Take Care,

Vic

LRITE = Luke & Rory In The End... and your membership card is in the mail... :D

oh sweetness!!! :2thumbs:

Luke & Rory In The End

LRITErs are the sweet lovable (some say dulashanal)

lol.. Gail.. red-headed midget...lol... hmm midget.. that word should offend me cause im short.. but.. heh.

anyways.. it would really be nice if Rory and Luke end up together.. *sigh* i need to find a Luke for myself.. but a seth will do..haha

I wait so eagerly for every chapter, and I am never disappointed. Dom has managed to spread the characters in such a way that any conclusion, whether it be Rory/Seth or Rory/Luke or even Rory/Aaron would make sense (yep, even Rory/Aaron, although Dom would have to stretch to make that happen -- and a good writer is always looking for ways to challenge himself). I know from the other postings how much you all appreciate Dom's skills. I am just in awe. The small and big plot twists are always a surprise, but always make sense.

The scenes of tenderness between the Luke and Seth are sensational. Without going over the top, Dom has let them experience each other from the first tentative hand-holding to a crashing orgasm. Perhaps most gratifying was the cuddling and continued attention after the climax, during which Seth held Rory and let him sleep. Seth is my absolute favorite character. Dom has created a prototype lover. I hope the two of them end up together, but the team I root for never seems to win, so I may have to resign myself to Rory/Luke.

I love to watch Dom grow as a writer. Fortunately, he lets us in on his growth. This is delightful.

Thanks, Dom.

Journeyman