• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Luke was talking about Rory not Dave as his unattainable love interest. Again, we get Luke's crotch in Rory's ass. Luke also seems happier when Rory leaves Seth to dance with him.

I think this chapter shows us that Seth is not over Aaron! I mean Seth has Rory naked in his bed and he takes a call from Aaron AND he agrees to go pick up Aaron. WTF!?!? Naked Rory in bed and Seth agrees to help out Aaron?!?!?!? I think we are going to see Seth unable to give up Aaron. Remember, Seth told Rory (and himself) that he was completely thru with Aaron--BUT he doesn't want to leave Aaron to 'sleep in the bed he made for himself.' If Seth was truly over and done with Aaron--he would NOT BE LEAVING A NAKED RORY to pick up a drunken Aaron. If he were really over Aaron, he would tell Aaron to sleep it off in the trashy apartment that Aaron chose to get drunk in.

I think we are going to discover that Seth is a 'rescuer' He is going to see how much Aaron 'needs' him and fall more and more under Aaron's spell. Rory will get some cajones and recognize this!

Matthew in NYC

life-long member of the LRITE club!

I think that Luke was talking about Rory not Dave as his unattainable love interest. Again, we get Luke's crotch in Rory's ass. Luke also seems happier when Rory leaves Seth to dance with him.

I think this chapter shows us that Seth is not over Aaron! I mean Seth has Rory naked in his bed and he takes a call from Aaron AND he agrees to go pick up Aaron. WTF!?!? Naked Rory in bed and Seth agrees to help out Aaron?!?!?!? I think we are going to see Seth unable to give up Aaron. Remember, Seth told Rory (and himself) that he was completely thru with Aaron--BUT he doesn't want to leave Aaron to 'sleep in the bed he made for himself.' If Seth was truly over and done with Aaron--he would NOT BE LEAVING A NAKED RORY to pick up a drunken Aaron. If he were really over Aaron, he would tell Aaron to sleep it off in the trashy apartment that Aaron chose to get drunk in.

I think we are going to discover that Seth is a 'rescuer' He is going to see how much Aaron 'needs' him and fall more and more under Aaron's spell. Rory will get some cajones and recognize this!

Matthew in NYC

life-long member of the LRITE club!

I think Seth going to pick up a drunk Aaron has more to do with him being a good hearted person and a loyal freind. Aaron could be killed or could kill someone else if he drives drunk, and I think Seth is just doing the right thing by making sure he doesn't drive home. Seth and Rory will end up together by the end of the story, and it will finally be the end of the LRITES(evil laugh)

I think Seth going to pick up a drunk Aaron has more to do with him being a good hearted person and a loyal freind. Aaron could be killed or could kill someone else if he drives drunk, and I think Seth is just doing the right thing by making sure he doesn't drive home. Seth and Rory will end up together by the end of the story, and it will finally be the end of the LRITES(evil laugh)

I agree with the other Matthew. Is it the nicest place in the world? Maybe not. But no reason has been given as to why it would be dangerous or anything like that for him to sleep it off there. Someone else has taken his keys, why does Seth keep going?

Matt from Hawaii

Edited by hi_college_guy

Far be it for me to shoot down NJ's theory (I'm working on providing proof that Alice and Luke won't end up together... :D ) but Seth could leave Aaron there without worrying about him driving...

"He

i agree!

Good Lord, this was a good chapter.

Aaron is getting on my last flippin' nerves. Gawd I just want him to go away. And worst of all he's made me kind of upset with Seth. Seth, the one I adore. That's just blasphemy. I think he's trying to do the right thing and help Aaron, but Aaron needs to deal with the consequences of his actions. Maybe it'll give him the sense to straighten (no pun intended) out his life. But he can't do that if stupid Seth keeps rescuing him everytime he calls.

And Sparrow brought up a good point:

"You're such a liar," I remarked, and I was surprised it came out coherent at all. The words caused me to flinch when Seth suddenly nipped at my neck and then paused all motion as he moved his head back to look at me in the dark space.

"What?"

Does anyone else think Seth is feeling guilty about something which is why he originally thought Rory was being serious?

Weeell, now I do. I'm doubting Seth and it don't feel too good.

As for Luke, the other sweetheart, I really hope he wasn't talking about Dave because he deserves so much better. I think it might be Rory. I really can't make up my mind. I keep thinking about earlier in the story when Luke tells Rory nothing could happen between them because "they're like family".

Maybe Luke wasn't saying that as the truth; maybe he was trying to convince himself.

Oh, and Seth has proven himself to be very observant so when he gets jealous over Rory and Luke dry-humping on the dance floor (and isn't that such a lovely image) it is because a) he sees his boyfriend grinding against a very cute guy and B) he sees that Luke has feelings for Rory.

"No. I mean, you obviously... made him feel better."

However, Luke's "You really are family, you know?" isn't exactly what you say to the guy you're crushin on.

Guh. I'm so confused, Dom I heart you.

Edited by c.a.
I think Grandma Alice is fixing the place up because the old girl is getting married to a homophobic over the road trucker and she's afraid that Rory might not be comfortable with that.

:o:o Hey!!! Luke's not a homophobic truck driver <_<<_<<_<

Far be it for me to shoot down NJ's theory (I'm working on providing proof that Alice and Luke won't end up together... :D ) but Seth could leave Aaron there without worrying about him driving...

But you forget that Aaron is evil, and part of being evil is being able to find a way to get your keys back and drive drunk so he can ruin the lives of a lot of people when he kills someone

i agree!

So do I

Luke & Rory In The End

LRITErs are the sweet lovable (some say dulashanal) Domaholic's who hope/believe that it'll be Luke and Rory. Our numbers vary from Chapter to Chapter *CoughAFriendlyFaceCough*, but there are some of us who have never waivered in our belief.

wha, me? Naw I've been here all along. ***casually throws Chey a frisbee while he tries to hide his monopoly money***

I think this chapter shows us that Seth is not over Aaron! I mean Seth has Rory naked in his bed and he takes a call from Aaron AND he agrees to go pick up Aaron. WTF!?!? Naked Rory in bed and Seth agrees to help out Aaron?!?!?!?

I think Seth going to pick up a drunk Aaron has more to do with him being a good hearted person and a loyal freind. Aaron could be killed or could kill someone else if he drives drunk, and I think Seth is just doing the right thing by making sure he doesn't drive home.

There ya go! I was essentially going to say the same thing, but Nick beat me to it, and said it much more succinctly.

In fact when I read that part of the story I liked Seth alot MORE. Because it shows what a good person he is. Dependable, loyal, and of good conscience. And Nick's right, there's lots of ways Aaron could get his keys back (like waiting until the person who has them is also drunk and then simply asking).

There's other danger he could be in as well. I've been drunk at my fair share of parties, but usually with lots of dependable friends to "babysit" me (not saying it was right), Aaron doesn't have that. I don't get the impression he's particularly close with these people, and chances are they don't really care about him that much. That means if he starts talking trash to the wrong person, no one has his back. If he passes out in his own vomit, no one's going to say "has anyone seen Aaron?" and discover the problem. No one's holding his hand to keep him from strumbling out into the street etc. The right thing is definitely for Seth to go and get him. It's unfair and sucky, and Seth (and Rory) don't deserve it, but it's still the right thing. It's like if you find someone bleeding on your front stoop you don't just step over them and say "sorry I was on my way out, but hey I didn't stab you". Seth is a "rescuer", but I think that's a good thing. And anyone notice how much rescuing Rory needs?

I kind echo mathewrmt sentiments... Chapter 31 could be where Rory grows a set and has it out with Seth over his continued involvement with Aaron.

If he did that would be incredibly hypocritical. To state the obvious example in the chapter, Rory left Seth alone to go "grind" with Luke. I mean ok I'm thinking that was the right thing to do, but then I'm thinking this was too.

Also it's not like Rory's even got any room to talk about someone still being involved with Aaron. Let's not forget that a few short chapters ago Rory was literally ditching Seth to go to talk to Aaron, and his motives weren't half as reasonable (or noble) as Seth's are.

"You’re such a liar," I remarked, and I was surprised it came out coherent at all. The words caused me to flinch when Seth suddenly nipped at my neck and then paused all motion as he moved his head back to look at me in the dark space.

"What?"

I squeezed the cheek that was in my hand, causing his erection to lurch against mine. "You can totally dance,"

Does anyone else think Seth is feeling guilty about something which is why he originally thought Rory was being serious?

Welcome Sparrow!

That's an interesting theory, and if it proves correct excellent job picking up that little clue! But no personally I didn't think that at all. I mean I think it'd be kinda distracting/upsetting to be called a liar in that situation regardless. My personal opinion is that Seth started to worry that maybe they were going to fast or something, and that Rory was feeling pressured.

Maybe Luke wasn't saying that as the truth; maybe he was trying to convince himself.

Oh, and Seth has proven himself to be very observant so when he gets jealous over Rory and Luke dry-humping on the dance floor

Now that is a good point! I hadn't thought of that, but it makes alot of sense to me. Perhaps Luke was trying to convince himself that Rory was unattainable all along.....

Also I'm glad you brought up the point about Seth being jealous/observant about Luke and Rory. I think we're all forgetting that first time Seth and Rory were in the pool together when Luke showed up and "acted creepy" as alot of people described it. Seth ran out of there, and he seemed to be aware that Luke was jealous. Seth had also made a remark earlier about Luke and Rory. Assuming Luke is crushing on Rory, I think it's safe to assume that while Rory is completely oblivious to this fact, Seth is not.

Anyway have an awesome day everyone and take care!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

That is an interesting theory but to me it just feels a little too nuanced for Dom's writing so the more literal interpretation is probably correct.

I am however a staunch supporter of LRITE, and therefore I believe that something has to happen that will break up Seth and Rory before the story is done.

Oh 'Friendly' please tell me you did not just equated Rory excusing himself from sitting with Seth at a crowded club to go cheer up Luke with Seth deciding (without consulting Rory) to leave a naked, post-orgasmic Rory to drive over and pick up a drunken 'ex'!

What I don't understand is why Seth took the call to begin with. Seth has said he is through with Aaron; although he doesn't want to make Aaron an enemy. But, c'mon! how many of us have every looked at the caller name/number on the phone and let it go to voicemail instead of picking up?!?!

Earlier, Seth gets a call from Angela and he ignores it--Angela is his good friend! He apparently decides to take Aaron's call even though he and Rory are naked and post-orgasm cuddling. THEN, Seth chooses to go rescue Aaron--who has no keys to drive! This is called 'enabling'!!! This is not the action of a caring person. Aaron chose to get drunk. The other people are aware enough of Aaron to take his keys to keep him from driving. He is fine where he is. The conversation with James should have been, "Where can Aaron sleep it off?"

No, me thinkst Seth doth protest too much that he is over Aaron.

Matthew

LRITE or not, Seth's preoccupation with Aaron is causing cracks in his relationship with Rory. Seth still feels something for Aaron--you just don't do those kinds of things for an ex-boyfriend who treated you the way that Aaron treats... everybody. Rory deserves someone who is 100% into him, and Seth isn't.

And Luke isn't in love with Dave. I've yet to understand this theory at all. He's been bestfriends with Dave for some time, and I think by now he would have either reconciled or revealed his feelings. He's totally got something for Rory.

What I don't understand is why Seth took the call to begin with. Seth has said he is through with Aaron; although he doesn't want to make Aaron an enemy. But, c'mon! how many of us have every looked at the caller name/number on the phone and let it go to voicemail instead of picking up?!?!

Earlier, Seth gets a call from Angela and he ignores it--Angela is his good friend! He apparently decides to take Aaron's call even though he and Rory are...

That is a great point mathewrmt. It will be interesting to see where the story goes from here.

For the last couple of chapters, I was starting to believe that it was going to be Rory and Seth, but this one has me doubting that again. :blink:

Something about that conversation at the club had me thinking it wasn't Dave he was talking about. Although "unobtainable" would be fitting to Dave, I felt like he was talking about Rory who is unobtainable. When you know someone likes you, you try and "talk sense" into them on why they shouldn't like you. And he keeps asking Rory if he's happy with Seth. He said he really liked that Rory decided to dance with him, yet he's the one to point out that Seth is waiting. It could just be that Luke really does want what's best for Rory, even if it means Rory being happy with someone else and Luke pretending he's fine with it. And the "family" comment left me with a ring of disappointment, like Luke was just saying that in an attempt to try rationalize his feelings towards Rory.

I'm torn. At the end of this chapter, I think my heart is still set on an eventual Luke and Rory pairing, though. Seth is fine for now.

Rory just that afternoon reminded Seth that he was leaving in four weeks. I don't think that Rory has the right to make demands as to who Seth helps when they need him. If Seth didn't help someone just because they treated him like shit he would have left Rory at that party when he was stranded. Seth and Rory agreed not to see other people while they are together and that is about as much Rory has a right to ask.

I think Dom has put small cracks in the Seth/Rory relationship to begin with, so in the end it will end. They have become more noticible in the last chapter but signs could be seen in the beginning. On the Luke/Rory side, I know he likes to put twists into his stories, but would hitting some of us over the head with a hammer make it any more obvious that Luke likes Rory. I mean how many people out there have had someone like them and use the same treatment? I know some things you should read between the lines in Dom's stories, but 30 chapters later and it still being an issue is all the proof I need that Luke likes Rory.

I can see what you are saying Ann. I think only having Rory's point of view and thoughts leave a whole lot of room for debate. I am a huge Rory/Luke supporter, so I would of course like to see a furthering in that regards, but I don't know if it is as obvious as some think that Luke is spelling out his feelings for Rory and Rory isn't picking up on them. When Luke mentioned that Rory would want to talk some sense into him when it was known who the mystery crush was, it didn't seem as if that crush was Rory. I mean unless Luke feels Rory's reaction to being the crush would disgust or anger him. I don't know.

I also think that Aaron is a bone of contention in Rory and Seth's relationship. Both have had bad experiences with Aaron, and where Seth seems to have gotten past it, Rory's feelings are still a bit raw. If they don't learn to put up some boundaries in regards to Aaron, there will be uncomfortable issues between them. I think that Rory is too new and insecure in himself to feel ok with Seth being in the same room as Aaron. It should be interesting to see how it all plays out. But nothing can kill a relationship like jealousy. Is Seth really the sweetheart that he seems to be, or is he something else.

I think there are some cracks or leading statements that can end up being nothing or used later on to further the plot. I'm not a writer, but it would seem that putting comments about looks or touches or situations in the chapters can be used as background depending on how the characters develop themselves during the story.

It should be fun to read.

On the whole why Seth is going to pick up Aaron thing. I dont see any other motives to it other that being nice, but I do know where Rory is coming from because I know if I was in his shoes I would be Jelouse no matter what. ( Sigh)

• Site Moderator

There seems to one issue everyone is missing, or at least part of it. It is possible to be best friends and a boyfriend to someone. I know, I've been there, done that. My Ex and I met and became friends before we became bf's for two years. When we broke up, which was almost 20 years ago, we remain friends to this day. When I travel back home on vacation, we still get together for a visit.

Though the circumstances for our break up are different, my point is it can happen. It's for that reason, I'm holding out for Luke and Rory.

Talon

It's true that he may be enabling Aaron's behaivor, but the thing is, if Seth doesnt help Aaron out at these situations, he might just die (which isn't all together a bad thing). Being the nice guy that Seth is, we can't let that happen!

When you have been friends or boyfriends with someone for a long time, you can't go hating him and never care about him just as that.

I think Seth stil cares about Aaron because he is the only guy I know who Seth hangs out with, except from Rory now. It are always girls (Angela etc.) as far as I can remember.

Maybe that is why he stil cares, he doesn't have any other guy that he connects with.

Besides you can stil be friends and helpfull without going back to boyfriends.

Or another theory: Dom just twists around to keep the discussion on the board alive between the LRTE- gang and the followers of a Seth-Rory-hookup. :devil:

Peter