Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Why did Robbie have to die?

On 9/12/2013 at 4:36 PM, centexhairysub said:

Tim had been so serious and his comments so ongoing on this issue I really kept expecting one of the characters to yell out, " My God, I am sure that body that just fell past us falling into obllivion was Tony...".

👍👍 Two thumbs up for what maybe the funniest gallows humor lines ever.

On 9/12/2013 at 10:10 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Right. We've had a lot of recent missed calls in CAP- Stefan getting shot, Brad and Will getting kidnapped, Kristen almost getting on the Concorde crash jet, etc etc. People have mentioned many times about how these characters sort of exist in a bubble- they're rich to the point where it's almost impossible that they're going to lose their money, and they live very privilieged and protected lives, especially once we got to Will's generation. This bursts that bubble and makes our characters face-up front some major horror  that affected tens of thousands of people on a personal level.

It had to be a major character to make the pain real, palpable and personal. To really takes us back to the pain of that Tuesday 22 years ago today. Robbie was the most logical on many levels, not the least of which is to go through the re-pairing (as in 'pairing up' again) process for Brad. It produced many great storylines.

My father and grandfather are both institutional money managers. They lost a lot of friends, associates and acquaintances that day including one of my father's best friends, a fellow Navy pilot.

My aunt was an FA with American Airlines at the time and she lost many friends. She was LAX based and regularly flew both those flights.

So yes, to really bring the real pain, CAP had to lose someone who mattered.

1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

Bumped up for @PrivateTim

Thanks Jay, ha ha.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..