Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Why did Robbie have to die?

Would killing tony really matter all that much? It would in a way force Will to realise just how much he still cared for him and might lift the sexual "spell" that Tony has cast on him. But, no more death please, atleast for another 3 maybe 4 chapters. Robbie's death still shakes us to the core

You're safe for now.  I'm done killing people off. 

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support and positive feedback.  Other than a few bitchy responses, everyone has been awesome.  These weren't easy chapters for me to write, and to be honest, they bummed me out for a couple of days (maybe longer) after I wrote them. 

• Like 5

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support and positive feedback.  Other than a few bitchy responses, everyone has been awesome.  These weren't easy chapters for me to write, and to be honest, they bummed me out for a couple of days (maybe longer) after I wrote them. 

I cannot imagine how hard it was for you to write the last few chapters.  I can imagine how hard it will be writting the next few with everyone getting over this tragedy.  Although Robbie's death and the others were all hard to take, I want to take a moment to say thank you for doing such a superb job of writing that it pulled all of us into your world.  I know this wasn't easy on anyone; I truly did have to take the day off today to recover from the last two chapters.  That being said, I really felt there was a true cathartic moment reading the last three chapters that I experienced.  I don't think I realized how much I had bottled up certain feelings about that day and the time right afterward but reading this story has helped me release some of them and work through some of the others...  It takes a special skill for a writer to be able to do what you have done.

• Like 3

I think that if, as a writer, you are going to put your characters into situations where there is danger, if they were to come out miraculously unscathed every time it would become unbelievable...

Right. We've had a lot of recent missed calls in CAP- Stefan getting shot, Brad and Will getting kidnapped, Kristen almost getting on the Concorde crash jet, etc etc. People have mentioned many times about how these characters sort of exist in a bubble- they're rich to the point where it's almost impossible that they're going to lose their money, and they live very privilieged and protected lives, especially once we got to Will's generation. This bursts that bubble and makes our characters face-up front some major horror  that affected tens of thousands of people on a personal level.

It's a pretty delicate balance to honor history vs. re-writing it, and it's interesting to see Mark balance between adding the characters into actual historic events, and whether or not he tweaks them just a bit. Sometimes they're affected in a periphereal way, like Columbine when Matt's friend had a girlfriend who's step-brother got shot. (But didn't die, thus not altering the 13 victims of the event.) Other times, it's in a personal way, like Andre, Billy Schluter, and now Robbie.

• Like 1

So... The moral of the story for the Entire CAP Series is: Stay the hell away from the Schluters and you should be fine?

No, it's "become a boy toy for the Schluters and get lavish gifts and/or trusts/tuition money, THEN run away like hell from the Schluters and you'll be fine." Marcel, Lou, and Max are all leading pretty nice lives now, right?

Edited by methodwriter85

You are god the creator of CAP who are we to judge or understand whom you smiteth?

I liked Robbie, but like all your creations he serves at your pleasure and if his service will be better with him gone then so let it be done.

• Like 2

No, it's "become a boy toy for the Schluters and get lavish gifts and/or trusts/tuition money, THEN run away like hell from the Schluters and you'll be fine." Marcel, Lou, and Max are all leading pretty nice lives now, right?

Don't forget Cody!  Living in Malibu, fabulous job with all the pretty people, pretty little daughter, all because Stef took a liking to him in Chicago!

• Like 1

Don't forget Cody!  Living in Malibu, fabulous job with all the pretty people, pretty little daughter, all because Stef took a liking to him in Chicago!

hmmm... Cody and his little daughter. He's gonna have to be more responsible for her now. But, knowing Cody he might let the family adopt her. Not that that makes him a bad person really, just knows what he can and wants to handle. Then again this is Mark's world and clearly what he says goes. I have this image of this sexy god seeing his little girl off to school and I must admit its turning me on in a weird responsible daddy sort of way
  • Like 1

hmmm... Cody and his little daughter. He's gonna have to be more responsible for her now. But, knowing Cody he might let the family adopt her. Not that that makes him a bad person really, just knows what he can and wants to handle. Then again this is Mark's world and clearly what he says goes. I have this image of this sexy god seeing his little girl off to school and I must admit its turning me on in a weird responsible daddy sort of way

Maybe Cody will figure that out and start playing for guys like you.  :P

I think we are all underestimating Cody to some extent.  He has never been really good relationship material but by all accounts he is great at his job, which is a difficult and demanding one.  He could not be as good as he has been portrayed at this job without having a great deal of personal responsibility and a great work ethic.  Plus, he has been a good friend to quite a few people in the CAP universe when they have really needed one.  I can't say Cody is one of my favorite charaters but I don't think he is as much of a screw up and some are making him out to be...

That being said, I don't see him as someone with any paternal instincts that are going to kick in...

• Like 1

True, but then he has never had to be responsible. Some people when they have responsibility thrust on them step up to the plate. Whether or not Cody chooses to raise Maddy, I don't see him abandoning her or forgetting about her.

I think we are all underestimating Cody to some extent.  He has never been really good relationship material but by all accounts he is great at his job, which is a difficult and demanding one.  He could not be as good as he has been portrayed at this job without having a great deal of personal responsibility and a great work ethic.  Plus, he has been a good friend to quite a few people in the CAP universe when they have really needed one.  I can't say Cody is one of my favorite charaters but I don't think he is as much of a screw up and some are making him out to be...

That being said, I don't see him as someone with any paternal instincts that are going to kick in...

I think you two make some really good points about Cody.  He really has been a good friend to the family, and he steps up to help out friends who are in trouble.  He has an intuitive knack to figuring people out, which helps him not only in his personal life, but with his career as well.  It's reasonable to assume that the circuit boy may still pretend to be in that mode, when he really isn't. 

As Tim noted, sometimes you think you aren't ready for something, but when it's thrust upon you, you manage.  I see Cody as a guy who's not into babies, but as Maddy gets older, I can see him finding her more interesting.  And I can see him taking a lot more interest in her.  That could set up an interesting tug of war between Cody and Will, over how Maddy is raised (and where' she's raised).

• Like 3

I am sorry to say this, but Mark was right in that the death of Robbie, Jeanine, and the senator open the story up tp a lots of plot twists. What is true here as well as in life, one action creates or limits other actions. While I was sadden as we all were with the family's loss, think of all the possibilities   Cody and Maddy, Will and Maddy, Wade and Elizabeth, Wade and Brad and a lot more.

On an other note, I would like to reecho my admiration for JP. No one I know, could have done what he did. The security of his family was number one. I am sure he called on some favors and saved those who were left. It is too bad we don't see the man behind the shields more. He has always been one of my favorite character. As David would say he is the story, without him where is no story.

• Like 2

Knowing that he might not make it, he went back risking everything and all that he loved. That says something about him. Darius and Will thought the firemen were brave. I think their Pop was just as brave maybe more.

• Like 2

Read, understood and still unhappy. You've "resurrected" a few characters by creating a long lost bastard son..... Is Matt going to step into his father's shoes?

I know it is a really horrible thing to admit; but one of the first things that I thought of after a day or so of bawling was with Robbie dead would Matt and Brad give in to all the sexual heat that has always been between them and do something about it...  Still not sure how I really feel about it but it was one of my first thoughts...

I know it is a really horrible thing to admit; but one of the first things that I thought of after a day or so of bawling was with Robbie dead would Matt and Brad give in to all the sexual heat that has always been between them and do something about it...  Still not sure how I really feel about it but it was one of my first thoughts...

I would doubt it.  Am I the only person who this didn't occur to?  Matt and Brad resolved things in Millennium, and the additional "guilt" aspect is likely to make this too awkward.

Moreover, its not just Brad who need to replace Robbie.  Matt needs to replace him too... and the respect he holds for Brad might just be the catalyst to latch onto Brad not romantically, but paternally.

• Like 3

I would be more concerned about Wade and Brad since they've already been there.  But I have a feeling Brad's future love interest will be a brand new character.

Speaking of Wade, since he no longer considers his mother part of the family, he can keep her under control with the Scarlett & Felix pictures. Would be great to have her turned into a pawn of the future Senator from Virginia. He's not old enough to run for office right now but he will eventually turn 30.....

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sure where this fits, but I've been reading 9 11 more from the beginning. what strikes me the most is knowing these people are not going to make it. When Brad and Will went to war, Robbie was there. Will don't like Hank at first, but when he bonded with her after seeing how she treated his mom and Maddy. Even Jeanine, after years of war Will finally was in a good place with her too. Now I look at those characters much differently. I see how they were the glue which bond this family together, or maybe stopped it from flying apart. Who will take their place? Who can take their place?

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..