HOLD ON.  If I calculated this right (using the rules below) then I still prevail.  And 47M remains mine.

"Army Strength= Each territory has its own army, and the base strength of an army will be 5. An attacking army gets a +1 for every territory the attacking player has that touches the attacked territory, and defending territories get an automatic +1 for defending and an additional +1 for every territory the defending player has that touches the defending territory. Terrain will  affect how a battle turns out, Defending mountainous areas give a +1, attacking from plains give a +1, and each army type has its own terrain type that gives it a +1: Mountains give a +1 to Phalanxes, plains give a +1 to Nomads, forests give a +1 to Barbarians, and hills give a +1 to Legions. Home territories get a +3, and territories that are surrounded by either enemy or friendly territories receive a +1. Facing an army that you are strong against (example Legion facing Barbarian) you get a +2, while facing an army that you are neutral against (example Phalanx facing Barbarian), neither gets an advantage."

Nomads: 5 + 1 (defense) + 3 (surrounding territories) + 1 (defending mountains) = 10

Phalanxes: 5 + 1 (terrain advantage) + 2 (surrounding territories that TOUCH 47M) = 8

Oh impartial DM, please give us guidance.

Edited by Myiege