Six-Eyed Sand Spider Burying Herself (Sicarius hahni) - YouTube

For anyone who is wondering... Sicarius Hahnii belongs to a very ancient clade of spiders whose fossils date back millions of years ago. Its also known as the six-eyed crab spider and is known for being extremely toxic. However, since it prefers dry sandy caves far away from human contact, death by its bite is very rare.

My brain has never been more conflicted between "that's cute" and "get away from me". It's like a green stop sign.

:cowboy:

• Wow 2
4 hours ago, sandrewn said:

5898b34cf6dcbdcaa0a148fb9f592055.jpg

I know this is only a cartoon and we don't grab spiders and put them in our mouths to eat while we're sleeping, but you've got to wonder if spiders or flies don't enter our mouths while we're sleeping and we swallow them without knowing it.  However, I've heard insects are very nutritious.  😜 😈

(If this is a repeat, my bad!)

• Haha 1
  • Wow 2
1 hour ago, sandrewn said:

1adbd8e2c45b9c4df7485c35e71429c7.jpg

In a way that's funny, and in another way it's not, since where I live is known to have a large number of brown recluse spiders - even if a few do tend to be extroverts.  😜

• Wow 3
5 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Remember the Goliath Bird-eater I mentioned earlier in this thread?…

thanks for reminding me of what I tried to forget… :angry: :funny::funny:

Edited by Zombie
  • Haha 5
5 hours ago, Bill W said:

Welcome to Thunderdome...A barn funnel weaver lies in wait inside his perfectly crafted web for his food to arrive 🕸️

source: nature is metal

Reminds me of the Shelob in ”The Lord of the Rings”  :pinch:  :unsure2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3