So...no threats of shooting, but January is over. Any updates on the calendar? It's easier to be patient when we know there's a plan!

so...uh... yeah...

i might have gotten embroiled in huskies... and i haven't started my anthology yet. the boys are not abandoned, they are just quite patient.

• 3 months later...

Ladies and gentlewolves!

We are back on! Chapter 11 is up and posted and we are back to a regular weekly update schedule. No sudden breaks, i promise. i already have your next three weeks reading done. Kitt is holding them atm, all is well.

So:

What will the boys get up to on their date?

Is Jameson really straight?

Will Derrick like Cherrie's new underwear?

When will Luke get to live out his fantasies?

All these questions answered (false) and more (true) on next week's Direct Confusion!

• 2 weeks later...

Quite some first date! I love that they can have amazing, super-erotic, pool sex and then both be nervous about sleeping -- apparently just sleeping -- together for the first time (in a bed at least). It is strangely so "normal" for 2 teens who are clearly falling for each other. Now, will Erie say the 3 committal words that Luke has now said twice???

By the way, congrats on publication of Born Wolf!

John

PS: Any words coming from our huskie friends pulling a sled?

• Like 1

Quite some first date! I love that they can have amazing, super-erotic, pool sex and then both be nervous about sleeping -- apparently just sleeping -- together for the first time (in a bed at least). It is strangely so "normal" for 2 teens who are clearly falling for each other. Now, will Erie say the 3 committal words that Luke has now said twice???

By the way, congrats on publication of Born Wolf!

John

PS: Any words coming from our huskie friends pulling a sled?

Erie will get there. i'm sure of it.

First time i an, the man who became my husband, shared a bed and slept, we were both plenty nervous. but then, we were just kids then too. now he just sleeps on regardless of the noise of typing...

Unfortunately, it is still not snowing. Sorry. it will again, of that i am certain.

Had to restart from the beginning before catching up. Very enjoyable story and wonderful characters   :thumbup: Erin and Luke are so cute together. I love it that there´s no big drama and bullying, it´s so nice to read something lovely with supportive and caring friends and family. 

• Like 1

Had to restart from the beginning before catching up. Very enjoyable story and wonderful characters   :thumbup: Erin and Luke are so cute together. I love it that there´s no big drama and bullying, it´s so nice to read something lovely with supportive and caring friends and family. 

it's more a problem in gay film than in gay fiction, but sometimes you want to just read something which won't make you depressed. and we all know there are nice supportive families and friends out there, some of us are lucky enough to have some of them. 

But like Ma said, every happy family has glitches...

• Like 1

Direct Confusion has been a treat to read. I don't find it to be saccharin. I have found the story to be thoughtfully written and emotionally satisfying up to the present point. Were you to throw a wrench into the works--which, mightn't be appreciated--we can predictably (predictable, in this connotation - is no bad thing (because your stories, are not predictable)) expect that it will work, it will make sense to the story. Thanks, Sasha.

• Like 1

Direct Confusion has been a treat to read. I don't find it to be saccharin. I have found the story to be thoughtfully written and emotionally satisfying up to the present point. Were you to throw a wrench into the works--which, mightn't be appreciated--we can predictably (predictable, in this connotation - is no bad thing (because your stories, are not predictable)) expect that it will work, it will make sense to the story. Thanks, Sasha.

BEST REVIEW EVER

you're the most super bunny Ron!

• 4 weeks later...

I like Timothy M's excited review on the recent chapter. I felt much the same while reading.

I must have missed the memo. It seems the boys have slipped into sliding it in, without protection, again (pardon that awful pun please). It didn't seem a conscious decision. Was that a slip-up? (And, I did it again)

• Like 2

I like Timothy M's excited review on the recent chapter. I felt much the same while reading.

I must have missed the memo. It seems the boys have slipped into sliding it in, without protection, again (pardon that awful pun please). It didn't seem a conscious decision. Was that a slip-up? (And, I did it again)

well, that was sort of accidental. but there is the "we're both clean and committed" thing, so is there a great deal of point still using protection? i think it's kind of sweet and romantic.

Well the way you wrote it was certainly sweet and romantic, and I love the fact that they are versatile. The bit where Luke discussed this with Derrick had me chuckling. But he really is the ideal straight friend.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Gah! Chapter 22!

Here I thought the whole story would stay in that lovely sweet and fluffy space it had been occupying. Turns out you were just lulling us...

Will be interesting to see how this complicates things. My fear is that Luke will handle it poorly, and in doing so will harm/alter his relationship with Erin. Of course, that will create another opportunity for Jameson to fix things. Hmm...

Eagerly awaiting more!

--Allyster

• Like 1

Just shows how quickly things can go from perfect to absolute horror. Luke had such a lovely time with Erin´s family and now he has to face the fact that he missed dinner with his own family and never got to spend a day with his brother. That will have an affect on Luke, just hope it won´t be too bad and won´t harm his relationship with Erin.

Erin really is a wonderful cook, all that food. I could have happily skipped the food and go straight to the desserts :P  

• Like 1

I know it's a callous thing to say, but why didn't the doctors ask about organ donation ? This would be a normal procedure when someone so fit as Greg is brain dead. Unless his kidneys and liver was ruptured due to the impact.

snapback.png Reply from Sasha Distan (author)

safely assume that the doctors had dealt with that before Luke got there. it after all, about his experience of his brother's death, and I doubt he would notice such details.

I'd have thought a guy like Greg might have been asked to fill out donation papers in the military. And that since he was ready to give his life for his country, he'd have liked the idea to give someone life even in death. But his parents refused donation any how ?

The reason I ask is that if he's donating, they don't switch off the life support machine. I think they can take out the kidneys after death and maybe even the liver, but they are better if taken while the body is kept alive. And for heart donation it's a must.

So if Greg was going to be an organ donor, you'd have to drop the dramatic switching off the life support machine scene. Sorry. I do nitpick too much. :X  Sorry

I'd have thought a guy like Greg might have been asked to fill out donation papers in the military. And that since he was ready to give his life for his country, he'd have liked the idea to give someone life even in death. But his parents refused donation any how ?

The reason I ask is that if he's donating, they don't switch off the life support machine. I think they can take out the kidneys after death and maybe even the liver, but they are better if taken while the body is kept alive. And for heart donation it's a must.

So if Greg was going to be an organ donor, you'd have to drop the dramatic switching off the life support machine scene. Sorry. I do nitpick too much. :X  Sorry

and maybe he's not an organ donor. No one I know is.

and maybe he's not an organ donor. No one I know is.

Not quite true Sasha. Wings, BST and I all carry donor cards.  We think it is the biggest gift we could give to anyone and at that point we would no longer need the parts in question anyway!

Not quite true Sasha. Wings, BST and I all carry donor cards.  We think it is the biggest gift we could give to anyone and at that point we would no longer need the parts in question anyway!

I did not know that.

I tried not to read this story until it was completed...but I couldn't hold out...so I read it all at once ...and now Greg is dead and I'm guessing Luke is going to be in a world of hurt and He and Erin will suffer for it. I don't know how, with one small conversation, you made me like and care about Greg, but you did. So...I cried for Greg, and for Luke and Erin, and I should have waited after all. I have faith in you Sasha so bring us home...cheers and great work...Gary....PS..I should mention that I love the story so far and Luke and Erin(sigh) are awesome together...I sometimes wonder about Jameson though and am not sure why...

• Like 2

I sometimes wonder about Jameson though and am not sure why...

I think everyone wonders a little bit about Jameson. Seriously though, he's the twin of a gay young man, both brought up in a balanced household where hugs and kisses are OK - this makes him a very touchy and tactile person, and because he's so close to Erin, he's not got the normal guy-boundaries that prohibit hugs and cuddles and standing much too close.

I'm sorry that you couldn't resist! you must have read through the whole back catalogue by now Gary.

• Like 1