Well I grew up eating Marmite for pleasure so I'm not really in any position to criticize...  :*)

:o EW EW EW EW :o  :puke:

I only tried Marmite once (without knowing what it was) and I was SO close to puking all over the table.

• Like 1

Marmite is a yeast spread (now doesn;t that sound appetizing) similar in colour and texture to molasses. it is disgusting, the smell makes me want to hurl./ My husband love sit on toast. It's one of those, love-hate things. if he's eaten marmite i won't even kis him until the bastard does his teeth. ick ick ick.

Dugh - I bake everything. there's not a thing yet I have found that I can't cook, and i make really fine pastry. also macaroons. i make good french macaroons

• Like 2

Marmite is a yeast spread (now doesn;t that sound appetizing) similar in colour and texture to molasses. it is disgusting, the smell makes me want to hurl./ My husband love sit on toast. It's one of those, love-hate things. if he's eaten marmite i won't even kis him until the bastard does his teeth. ick ick ick.

Dugh - I bake everything. there's not a thing yet I have found that I can't cook, and i make really fine pastry. also macaroons. i make good french macaroons

You lost me at yeast spread...shudder...macaroons however, are heavenly...I notice we SEEM to taik about food a lot on here but that's a good thing because I can live vicariously through all of you.

On another note...I really enjoyed the latest chapter cause it gives me lots to think about...going to reread it in a bit...Your review replies are somewhat cryptic and mysterious so I have to put my thinking cap on as soon as I wake up. I am really worried about how Erin is going to handle things now...I know that Kitt knows what is coming but don't expect any help there. I will just have to trust that Sasha won't cause us too much pain so soon after Greg :huh: . Cheers and well done...Gary

• Like 2

You lost me at yeast spread...shudder...macaroons however, are heavenly...I notice we SEEM to taik about food a lot on here but that's a good thing because I can live vicariously through all of you.

On another note...I really enjoyed the latest chapter cause it gives me lots to think about...going to reread it in a bit...Your review replies are somewhat cryptic and mysterious so I have to put my thinking cap on as soon as I wake up. I am really worried about how Erin is going to handle things now...I know that Kitt knows what is coming but don't expect any help there. I will just have to trust that Sasha won't cause us too much pain so soon after Greg :huh: . Cheers and well done...Gary

I can't tell you, I'm sorry. We're at one of those points where saying anything would have me ruining  all your surprises. Sorry.

Please feel free to discuss and speculate among yourselves though.

• Like 1

so it would seem to me that jim is overreacting, like luke said.  I think he  possibly is dealing with his own feelings about his sexuality.  I think it's possible he wanted luke and is channeling the disappointment and anger at his being with Erin into this ugly attitude towards the guys and gays in general.  I have a feeling it's gonna get real rough for Jim b/c Derrick is not going to be okay with his attacking luke.  While he just warned luke in the beginning when he knew jim was having a rough time accepting luke coming out, I think this attack went above and beyond what Derrick will allow. Of course jameson will be pissed off.   

the boys should be a bit more careful.  Even if there was a straight couple doing that in the pool and subjecting others to possibly walk in on it, it wouldn't be appropriate.  At least luke admitted that they weren't using the best judgment in what they did.   Even if it made jim majorly uncomfortable, it would have been nice if he didn't spew such hateful beliefs, especially toward someone who was his friend for so long and who just lost his brother!!. 

I feel badly for Erie.  He hoped not to be treated this way, but I think he has to concentrate on the fact that the majority of people accepted them and aren't treating them differently.  There will always be someone who isn't tolerant.  He has to cheer up and move forward. 

• Like 2

so it would seem to me that jim is overreacting, like luke said.  I think he  possibly is dealing with his own feelings about his sexuality.  I think it's possible he wanted luke and is channeling the disappointment and anger at his being with Erin into this ugly attitude towards the guys and gays in general.  I have a feeling it's gonna get real rough for Jim b/c Derrick is not going to be okay with his attacking luke.  While he just warned luke in the beginning when he knew jim was having a rough time accepting luke coming out, I think this attack went above and beyond what Derrick will allow. Of course jameson will be pissed off.   

the boys should be a bit more careful.  Even if there was a straight couple doing that in the pool and subjecting others to possibly walk in on it, it wouldn't be appropriate.  At least luke admitted that they weren't using the best judgment in what they did.   Even if it made jim majorly uncomfortable, it would have been nice if he didn't spew such hateful beliefs, especially toward someone who was his friend for so long and who just lost his brother!!. 

I feel badly for Erie.  He hoped not to be treated this way, but I think he has to concentrate on the fact that the majority of people accepted them and aren't treating them differently.  There will always be someone who isn't tolerant.  He has to cheer up and move forward. 

Derrick angry. Check

Jameson pissed off. Check

Erie upset. Double Check.

as for everything else, I so can't tell you.

Kitt, Sasha isn't playing nice, he wont share with us. Don't you think that's mean, wouldn't you like to give us a hint or two... damn where's that emoticon with the big pleading puppy dog eyes that no one is able to resist?

• Like 1

Kitt, Sasha isn't playing nice, he wont share with us. Don't you think that's mean, wouldn't you like to give us a hint or two... damn where's that emoticon with the big pleading puppy dog eyes that no one is able to resist?

Give it up dughlas...Kitt is tough as nails...you are barking up the wrong tree...we have to grin and bear it (notice how I fit barking and bear in there in homage to Sasha's work)...this is why I am trying to hold off on RAB and AWAHM till they are done...It is agonizing waiting for something you love.. :no: .we have to suck it up and be strong :cowboy: like cowboys...

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 1

What the heck is Marmite?

Marmite is an unlicensed bioweapon - no redeeming features at all.

It is clever in that it looks a bit like Vegemite but that is where the comparison ends. Marmite is pure evil, Vegemite is where the action is. Just don't use too much.

Additional info

Vegemite is supposed to be as close to umami as any food. That may have come from the manufacturers but it is a pleasant savory taste. 

Edited by Bucket1
  • Like 2

Well, if you guys REALLY want me to risk Sasha's ire and give you a hint I will 

Ready? Here it is...

You will enjoy the next chapter.

Given that I spent most of last night reading from Chapter 1 - THATS NOT A BIG HINT!!!!

• Like 3

Given that I spent most of last night reading from Chapter 1 - THATS NOT A BIG HINT!!!!

So glad to see you on this forum Bucket...guarantee you will fall for SashaForce big time...it is an inescapable phenomenon....and you already know Kitt...she is "ma" to Sasha.. :boy:

The Little Wolf wouldn't hurt you, you're Ma and part of the Pack. Course he also knows you wouldn't tell. I think your hint was a good one cause the Wolf does sometimes make us cry. Knowing we'll enjoy the next chapter means we likely aren't gonna need tissues, right?

• Like 3

And Sasha seemed so nice. Surely no one is that evil...

I'm  bastard, why is it that everyone thinks i'm nice?

The Little Wolf wouldn't hurt you, you're Ma and part of the Pack. 

Dugh, if ma gave away the plot, you'd best bet whatever you have that there's gonna be blood and giblets flying everywhere. Also "Little Wolf"? I'm six feet tall and I am anything but little. You're the little terrier round here kiddo.

It's nice to come home and see so much action in my forum. Hell, at least one of us is getting lucky.

• Like 1

You might be tall but you also admit to being part African wild dog thus, Little Wolf. Terriers do not recognize their size so they are in their minds big dogs and rarely back down. Remember too, I am an old dog with a son older than you so I tend to use diminutives as terms of endearment not disrespect for those his age and younger. However, I would never call you "pup".

As to Kitt, she isn't even admitting to whether we'll need tissues for the next chapter. She's tough.

Lastly, we shall not discuss action, I have dwelt in the desert since before you even considered the possibility of getting lucky so complain ye not.

I do love these snippets of conversation. Thanks to all.

• Like 1