[DomLuka] Turning Point

News flash!!!

I was talking to my mom this evening, and I asked her when she thought my dad was going to finish reading that book so that I could come out to him, and she said unceremoniously,

"Oh, I didn't tell you? I told him you were gay as soon as you told me! He's always shared the same point of view as I, so why would it be any different now?"

You wouldn't believe how surprised and happy I was! That was my last mental barrier. Now, I will keep my secret no longer. If my family is behind me, I don't care if I lose a homophobic friend or two. I want to come out, and show the world my real face, so that I may keep these great secrets no longer. Thank you all for helping me through this, I owe you all for being so supportive, and getting me started on my long journey out of the closet.

Special thanks to Snowflakes for being such a great friend, and for being there whenever I needed him. ^_^:hug:

Thanks again, guys!

Truly gay,

Tony

--

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
awww thanks! ^_^ I've told everyone I, whom I have told I am gay, that they no longer need to keep the secret, and in fact, would be appreciated to say that I am gay to anyone that asks.

Congrats Tony, I'm so happy for you.

Way to go Tony...Now just remember to stay the heck away from the Castro and SOMA...

:)

Those places are just scary...

I am constantly being amazed by you and others here on this board...your bravery is awe-inspiring.

Well, I have another update and I hate blogs so I'm just gonna continue on this thread.

I did a project for English on homophobia, and whilst doing the presentation, I came out to the entire classroom. That was originally one of the goals of the project--I have decided that the way I want to come out at school is for people to spread some rumours, and then they will come up and ask me if they are true, and I will tell them.

Well, it worked. Today I was leaving school, and some guy from a small group of people said "I know your secret! Hehe" And I smiled at him, and I said "GOOD!"

Well, I have another update and I hate blogs so I'm just gonna continue on this thread.

I did a project for English on homophobia, and whilst doing the presentation, I came out to the entire classroom. That was originally one of the goals of the project--I have decided that the way I want to come out at school is for people to spread some rumours, and then they will come up and ask me if they are true, and I will tell them.

Well, it worked. Today I was leaving school, and some guy from a small group of people said "I know your secret! Hehe" And I smiled at him, and I said "GOOD!"

Hey Tony!

Wow! I'm really impressed. That must have taken alot of guts. I'm glad it went pretty smoothly. You definitely seem ready and able to handle things, but I still can't help but to urge you to be careful. You're teriffic, but not everyone else is :thumbdown: . But you certainly seem like you know what you want, and you seem capable of handling things really well. So good luck and have an awesome day!

We're all proud of you and wishing you the best :hug:

Kevin

Wow, that's really brave of you tony, especially at your age. I couldn't even admit it to myself when I was 15. I still find it hard to admit it to others, jes the other day one of my friends asked me if I was gay [i dont why he asked... I dont think I 'act' gay] and I couldn't bring myself to say "yes". I jes kinda laughed it off and tried to change the subject, though I was thinking about running away. I was really upset and embarrassed too cause he asked in front of our group of friends.

And I'm glad you have such supportive parents. I know mines love me and all... but I know it'd kill them if they find out their only child is gay...

Reading these stories makes me wish it was that easy to fall in love with another guy and be proud of who you are. I wish I had your courage. Be proud.

Edited by ChanceAF92
Wow, that's really brave of you tony, especially at your age. I couldn't even admit it to myself when I was 15. I still find it hard to admit it to others, jes the other day one of my friends asked me if I was gay [i dont why he asked... I dont think I 'act' gay] and I couldn't bring myself to say "yes". I jes kinda laughed it off and tried to change the subject, though I was thinking about running away. I was really upset and embarrassed too cause he asked in front of our group of friends.

And I'm glad you have such supportive parents. I know mines love me and all... but I know it'd kill them if they find out their only child is gay...

Reading these stories makes me wish it was that easy to fall in love with another guy and be proud of who you are. I wish I had your courage. Be proud.

Hey Chance,

You shouldn't feel bad about the way you handled that at all. Your friend was VERY tactless to ask you infront of other people. You should be proud of yourself that you didn't outright lie, which I think would have been understandable given the uncomfortable position you were put in. If he wanted an honest answer he should have asked in private.

Obviously I can't say anything about the situation with your parents since I don't know them. However, I do know that when it comes down to it you've got to live your life the best way you know how. It may indeed be hard for your parents to deal with and I'm sure you don't want to hurt them, but don't be something you're not just to please them.

It's definitely not as easy to fall and love and live happily ever after as it appears in stories. But it's still worth a shot ;) . And it does happen. Give it time and don't feel like you need to make huge advances (unless you're sure and you know you're ready), small steps are good too ;) . Take care and don't despair you do have control over your future ;)

All the best,

Kevin

(Sorry if I'm just being nosey and forward, just stating my opinion, I fully admit it may all be nonsense, only you can know what's right for you ;) )

Hey Chance,

You shouldn't feel bad about the way you handled that at all. Your friend was VERY tactless to ask you infront of other people. You should be proud of yourself that you didn't outright lie, which I think would have been understandable given the uncomfortable position you were put in. If he wanted an honest answer he should have asked in private.

Obviously I can't say anything about the situation with your parents since I don't know them. However, I do know that when it comes down to it you've got to live your life the best way you know how. It may indeed be hard for your parents to deal with and I'm sure you don't want to hurt them, but don't be something you're not just to please them.

It's definitely not as easy to fall and love and live happily ever after as it appears in stories. But it's still worth a shot ;) . And it does happen. Give it time and don't feel like you need to make huge advances (unless you're sure and you know you're ready), small steps are good too ;) . Take care and don't despair you do have control over your future ;)

All the best,

Kevin

(Sorry if I'm just being nosey and forward, just stating my opinion, I fully admit it may all be nonsense, only you can know what's right for you ;) )

Thanks for the supportive words, Kevin. I'm not really upset about what he did anymore. I actually think my friends planned that all out or something... ugh, they're going to pay for that. But I still cant tell them yet. And I'm not worried about my parents, I know they wont start hating me or kicking me out of the house. It's jes my dad really really really wants grandkids, so I know he's going to be sad about that. He wants the family name to go on, since he only has sisters and no brothers.

As for love, god damn :ranger: [cupid]. Lazy bum wont help me out, lol.

Edited by ChanceAF92
  • 4 weeks later...
If I were to have a kid, I rather he/she be of my own blood. I read somewhere that you can create a zygote from two eggs or two sperms. But iono how natural that would be...

Although adoption means, biologically, that the child is not yours, when you raise a child it is still a reflection of you; good or bad.

Just a point to ponder... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Awww thanks ^__^ I'm so happy now =D

You know, it's really not all that courageous, though. Well, maybe it would be in some people's communities, but in mine, all the homophobes are afraid of saying anything. So far, I've had 100% success, and I'm pretty confident that if anything happens to me, the whole community would rise in turmoil and weed the bastard out. :D Thanks again! Sorry I haven't been around much--I'm kind of hanging out with friends from here more now.