Sign in to follow this  
LJH

Quotes from Krista's stories

From Roommates

• “You can’t ask a man for his number when he’s passing around the meat,” he said then winked, “you have to wait until he’s passing out the chocolate.”
  • “Why did I become friends with you?”  I asked rolling my eyes.   “To get your head out of your fucking ass, Will."
  • “I’m meeting billionaires in a few fucking hours,” he said turning to look at me, “I’ll be lucky if I don’t shit my pants.”
  • "I don't feel as free as you do."
  • "If you're unwilling to fix this, then you're just a damn distraction."
  • "It would have rocked living here," Brett commented. "I'd slide down the stair railing at least five times a day."
  • “Relationships aren’t ruined by spilled milk,” I said and she smiled.
  • “Now Lucinda, I don’t want to look at our portrait and see sweat or flushed looks, we want to look humble, refreshed, and above all happy.”
  • “You can leave clothes on the ground they won’t walk away,” he said laughing slightly.
  • “Well maybe you’ll meet someone at the anniversary party,” she said, “I’ve invited all of your sister’s classmates for a reason.”  - “Oh, I thought it was so Kathryn could shove her new boobs into their faces.”
  • “Well breakfasts should have more live shows,” Brett said leaning back in his chair and stretching.
  • Like 2

I can see Krista writing all of those. :lol:

• Like 2

Oh nice. :D I enjoyed writing that story. So much so that I took a break from my angst-y AYC to write it. The spilled milk one, I think the person his sister liked was a waiter and she knocked over/spilled a gallon of milk? Or ran into him and caused him to, in the kitchen. Or maybe I'm completely, wrong, I can't remember. But I think she was upset because she thought she ruined her chances and the main character - her brother, was consoling her.  :D 

B) .................AYC, why does that sound familiar ???? :rolleyes:

Daniel' sister is getting married. On the day, he dresses up in a spiffy tux. Emily, one of tbe bridesmaids is dressed in a navy-blue bridesmaid's dress. “I know I look like a trashy sailor,” she said as she looked me over, “but that’s still better than a cheap-ass penguin.”

2. And when Dan's secretary tell him he's in love, he says:“Get back to work,” I ordered playfully. “You’re my secretary, not my therapist.”

• Like 1

Finding Alex is still one of my favorites - I would have liked to have fleshed it out to a serial or something larger than one shot. But I doubt people would have liked the outcome of 'knowing,' how the end would come and when.

Finding Alex is still one of my favorites - I would have liked to have fleshed it out to a serial or something larger than one shot. But I doubt people would have liked the outcome of 'knowing,' how the end would come and when.

After reading Finding Alex I thought it´d be nice to read more. How about a sequel? What happened after that story ended?

Some of the characters in Krista's stories are powerful and I keep on thinking about them. Jonathan from 'Are you Christian?' for example is one of my favourite characters of Krista's. Can we have a sequel Krista please?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Cynus
      I like sharing quotes that inspire me and help motivate me to work on writing and other endeavors, and I thought you all might enjoy the same thing. I went looking for a forum topic on the subject but couldn't find one, so I figured I'd start one.

I'm going to share two to start us off. First this iconic one from Ira Glass: 

“Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, it’s just not that good. It’s trying to be good, it has potential, but it’s not. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints you. A lot of people never get past this phase, they quit. Most people I know who do interesting, creative work went through years of this. We know our work doesn’t have this special thing that we want it to have. We all go through this. And if you are just starting out or you are still in this phase, you gotta know its normal and the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a deadline so that every week you will finish one story. It is only by going through a volume of work that you will close that gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions. And I took longer to figure out how to do this than anyone I’ve ever met. It’s gonna take awhile. It’s normal to take awhile. You’ve just gotta fight your way through.”

And then my favorite Miyamoto Musashi quote, which I also use for my signature:

“Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.”

What quotes have inspired you in the past? 
    • By wildone
      Happy Birthday Krista

Hope you had a great day!! Did the kiddies and hubby take care of you?

You have me so confused on what your real age is, I'd be guessing if i'd try

• By Dodger
      One of my favourite quotes from one of my favourite sources. The world needs more Oscar Wilde.
    • By Cia
      Did you see the feature on Monday highlighting Krista's favorite reviews from Standing in Shadows? Or download your a copy of the banner to share your love for her story? Never fear, you can still do that here! Today we're featuring the excerpt Krista has picked to share with readers.

Krista says... I picked this scene because the story really begins to take shape and the characters are settled in nicely. If the Excerpt needs a title it would be, "The First True Meeting".

Want to read more? Check out the rest of the story here!
    • By Cia
      This month's Signature feature is Krista's Standing in Shadows. This is one of Krista's most liked stories... and now you get to see why! Check out the thoughts of several of Krista's readers and make sure you download the signature ad if you want to share your love of this story!

Length: 200,330

Description: This story is about a young man trying to break through the expectations set by his father and small-town life.

Reviews:
      Jons317 says... Again, you are such a good writer. I don't know if it's a gender thing or what, but as a female you capture details, emotions, etc. differently than other authors. You make me feel like I'm reading a real story. When time is precious, to decide to read something worth it is a big decision.

Charmed88 says... Corey is awesome. He sounds like my type of guy, cool, relax, kind, athletic, smart, strong and selfless and funny. I've been a huge fan of this story since I found it like a year ago. This story period is fantastic, a nice coming of age and journey to self discovery.

Cole Matthews says... What charming, real characters whose affection is developing behind the words. I love that. Really great pacing and a well told story. Thanks for sharing.

Remember to check back on Wednesday to see what excerpt Krista chose to share with readers!

Want to show your support and enjoyment of Krista's story? Download the banner above for your site signature!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..