[Sasha Distan] What's Up in Sasha's World

general update:

the wedding is done, my house is slightly more of a dump than usual and there are 2 days of teaching left. I am still writing, but the lure of the summer is strong...

We're still well ahead with all three currently updating stories, so don't worry, and I'll totally get on top of the auto-posting system soon, last week was a bit of a mess.

Other things in the my universe include the fact that my riding buddy's horse is out of action for at least the next week or so, he seems to have a nasty skin infection which makes putting tack on him impossible. This makes me sad, because having company on a hack is nice. i'm gonna re arrange all the bedroom furniture next week, seems like a good idea.

Congratulations Sasha. I bought "Boy Will Be Boys" to read, although I haven't gotten as far as your story yet.

Haven't actually got a copy of that (not having an e-reader) and the publishers didn't send a promo author copy. let us know if it's all good?

• 1 month later...

Sasha Update:

A Wolf and His Man is complete (for me), though you will still have many weeks of postings to enjoy, don't worry.

Direct Confusion finishes next week (be brave).

Writing on Redemption's A Bitch is still ongoing and Kieran being really rather vocal. No other hints.

I have completed an anthology story for the Fall anthology: Scars, so y'all have that to look forward to as well.

Non-GA releases:

Limelight and Gin has been published by House of Erotica in a collection of sexy shorts called Flappers, Jazz and Valentino, and this is available on Amazon in kindle and paperback versions.

While non of you were looking, I wrote a 14K 'short' for a science fiction anthology collection. I can't tell you anything else about it because the final list of authors is yet to be confirmed.

Other writing projects:

There seems to be no time at all between now and November, although there is. Once RAB is mostly complete I plan to add a few more tracks to the American Songbook and do some decent world building action for my upcoming cyberpunk novel. Without so many onrunning serials it will be nice to find the time to prompt again

Also, there might be something with a horse in it.

sounds good :D

but what about MUSH! - surely by November it's snowing again somewhere close to you ?

and what about all the kilts being flapped provocatively all over your forum ? don't they create an urge to revisit Paddy and Troy? (Mann, where are you, when we need your support?)

as a matter of fact, you don't need to announce or promise anything. we just read everything you put out here, with gratitude  :worship:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

I'm still trying to teach myself that I can't keep up with all the stories.  RAD is on of my favs and I'm behind, but I be I won't be by tomorrow afternoon.  so no worries on my part.  I know when I click on your stories there's something there to read that I haven't read yet :P  Kinda like always something to look forward to.

• Like 1

as a matter of fact, you don't need to announce or promise anything. we just read everything you put out here, with gratitude  :worship:

I know when I click on your stories there's something there to read that I haven't read yet :P  Kinda like always something to look forward to.

Thanks guys. I just like to keep y'all updated on what I'm getting up to in the strange little pocket-dimension of my life.

• 1 month later...

The best laid plans of cowboys and wolves...

Sure, there was going to be some free time without any on running serials. There was, really. I was going to give myself breathing room. But it happened, like it always does, and after an hour of discussion with a friend, I had a collection of characters jump, fully formed and in glorious Technicolour with Dolby surround, out of my mind and onto the page.

And so Tiger Winter begins. Third story featuring bears, set in the same universe as Falling For A Bear and Summer Camp; Tiger Winter stars Emmett Garrick, a Hudson Bay polar bear; his new roommate, a Chinese panda; the roommate's cousin Jian; and Emmett's human boyfriend Zeke.

I plan to get the bulk of the writing done before we start to upload, so that I can stay well ahead of the upload schedule, and this will be the last book to go with the other two in the crowdsourced print and e-book published project.

So yes, I am writing.

• 1 month later...

Now the Redemption's A Bitch is done, a lot of people are asking what's coming up next.

This week is also the last upload for Six Billion Credit Rent Boy, so there is this big blank hole in the future.

The next upload for you guys will probably be when my anthology story comes out - it's a doozy. 

I have not quite yet finished writing Tiger Winter, something around 120K right now, and I have not yet decided on it's format. Wanting to push ahead with the crowd sourcing is a desire hindered by a: the lack of positive response, and b: the overwhelming costs of postage to get the book to the people who want it.

I have a American Songbook story that I am very excited to write, and the other day I was visited by a very different sort of canine, one who has not reared his head since I was still at university. so perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

Edited by Sasha Distan
  • Like 3

Good Lord Tim! It hasn't even been a full week! I told Sasha giving you two or more stories a week was going to spoil the readers!

well almost: from 19 Nov 2014 - 10:00 till 25 Nov 2014 - 21:20. That's 155 hours and 20 minutes with no Sasha story posting !

I'll put you all on a starvation diet... then you'll be ravenous by next upload!

:blink:   :pinch:   :(  :no:  :,(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sasha

I just noticed you only need 29 more likes to reach a reputation of 10,000 likes ! Awesome, eh? :)

Unfortunately, I've reached my quota for today, but I'l be back tomorrow if you haven't crossed the line before then.

Edited by Timothy M.

Hey Sasha

I just noticed you only need 29 more likes to reach a reputation of 10,000 likes ! Awesome, eh? :)

Unfortunately, I've reached my quota for today, but I'l be back tomorrow if you haven't crossed the line before then.

I've been keeping an eye on that too - my plan was to reach 10K by Christmas, and I think i'll be hitting that.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Current writing projects:

"Lonely at the Top" - a follow up to Ladies' Man otherwise known as 'Whatever happened to Nathan Cole'

and an as yet unnamed thing with pirates, generally inspired by the latest Alestorm album 'Sunset on the Golden Age'

Other stuff:

Raising Wolf and MUSH! are both "on hold" until further notice, because of lack of time, inspiration, and shouting. Generally the characters yelling loudest get first dibs, like Kieran and Robin did, and there are no dogs currently yelling for me.

I 'plan' and I use that word very loosely as you know, on a few more American Songbook tracks soon, because come spring I will get an injection of new music and my attention will be diverted once again, I'm sure.

of course it'll probably all go wrong and i'll start some new serial for you all, but who knows?

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Well aren't you all a bunch of lucky little pups? OK, there's a few horses, some birds, some cats and a couple of houseplants, but y'all make up a pack of weird sorts, so we'll run with it.

Next week is Treat Week for those of you in the Sashaverse, because you will be in receipt of 5, yes I said 5, uploads.

Monday - chapter 2 of Sanctuary

Tuesday - you get a new American Songbook 'short' of about 10K: Country Girl

Thursday - another American Songbook track: Our Song

Friday - chapter 4 of Lonely at the Top

Saturday (because I have to give you all love on Valentine's Day) - American Songbook track 13: Worth the Drive

I knew rediscovering all that music would be good for me. you guys too.

The SashaForce is strong.

Edited by Sasha Distan
  • Like 3