[Sasha Distan] What's Up in Sasha's World

Why don't you have a Sasha Distan Forum any more ?

Edit: there was a blog post I think. General forum simplification.

Pretty much.

Since there were only 2 Promising Author Individual Forums, there wasn't enough threads per year to justify their existence or something. So they got dropped. So we're in with everyone else, rather than the new Proms being offered a forum of their own. Oh well...

Still, shouldn't be too hard to find the threads, right?

It seems to me that Sasha is far beyond being merely a Promising Author: he is a Delivering Author, and among the very best on GA today.  Surely another promotion is overdue.

I totally agree, jess... although I have to point out that there is nothing 'merely' about being a Promising Author.... and I know you meant nothing by that... but I agree that Sasha deserves further recognition for all he delivers to his multitude of fans... If he hasn't surpassed 'Promising', I don't know how others have... just saying

• Like 3

Pretty much.

Since there were only 2 Promising Author Individual Forums, there wasn't enough threads per year to justify their existence or something. So they got dropped. So we're in with everyone else, rather than the new Proms being offered a forum of their own. Oh well...

Still, shouldn't be too hard to find the threads, right?

I like my explanation better. Sasha's Nameless Crime.

• Like 2

It seems to me that Sasha is far beyond being merely a Promising Author: he is a Delivering Author, and among the very best on GA today.  Surely another promotion is overdue.

I totally agree, jess... although I have to point out that there is nothing 'merely' about being a Promising Author.... and I know you meant nothing by that... but I agree that Sasha deserves further recognition for all he delivers to his multitude of fans... If he hasn't surpassed 'Promising', I don't know how others have... just saying

Please feel free to recommend me to the committee!

on the note of things that are "up" as ma so wonderfully put it in the title of this thread - I am working on another story as well as Sanctuary, and hopefull there will be new BOOKS and EBOOKs for those of you who like to collect this summer. The best laid plans...

• Like 2

I heard this song and somehow thought of you or rather some of your characters. Not just for the obvious reason (the song title) but more because I think the song captures that despondent feeling some of your protagonists have had, when they realize they have done really awful things and kind of hate themselves. This song to me shows a man on the edge of letting go, in that moment just before the sunrise (literally or figuratively).

XOV - Lucifer:

• Like 1

I heard this song and somehow thought of you or rather some of your characters. Not just for the obvious reason (the song title) but more because I think the song captures that despondent feeling some of your protagonists have had, when they realize they have done really awful things and kind of hate themselves. This song to me shows a man on the edge of letting go, in that moment just before the sunrise (literally or figuratively).

XOV - Lucifer: 

Gods, I really hope the version I found is the same one you linked. Gotta love Vevo - I swear nothing is available in any country...

I hear lots of things in this, it's nice, though not the sort of thing I'd normal listen to. Who are you thinking of in particular?

Oh, crap! I keep forgetting that not everyone lives in Sweden... The song is also on Spotify, but that's maybe not much more help.

Who did I think of? Nathan, mainly, but also for instance Jonas and Jessie. Those two didn't do anything themselves but still felt they were to blame. The guilt eating them alive. You write that state of mind so well.

Sharing music is always a gamble. I guessed this isn't what you listen to regularly, since you refer to country songs so often. This song just speaks to me.

• Like 1

Oh, crap! I keep forgetting that not everyone lives in Sweden... The song is also on Spotify, but that's maybe not much more help.

Who did I think of? Nathan, mainly, but also for instance Jonas and Jessie. Those two didn't do anything themselves but still felt they were to blame. The guilt eating them alive. You write that state of mind so well.

Sharing music is always a gamble. I guessed this isn't what you listen to regularly, since you refer to country songs so often. This song just speaks to me.

I'm always up for sharing. there (can) be too much sharing, but this isn't it, don't worry. It's always nice to discover new things and find out what my writing does to other people. That's why it's out there after all.

with the posting of the Spring Anthology, including my story Instantly we have the conclusion of (this) album of the American Songbook Series. We are working on a few bonus tracks for the deluxe album version, and maybe and extended play track or two. Hopefully by the summer the print and e-book versions of the full album will be available for your delectation and enjoyment.

The current track list is as follows:

1 - Great-Grandaddy's Gun (Grandaddy's Gun; Blake Shelton)
2 - Payback's A Blast (Get Even; Brad Paisley)
3 - Tailgate Hangout (Ready, Set, Roll; Chase Rice/ That's My Kind of Night; Luke Bryan)
4 - All Over The Road (All Over The Road; Easton Corbin)
5 - Drunk Last Night (Drunk Last Night; Eli Young Band)
6 - The Boy Who Was Summer (Sunny and 75; Joe Nichols / 19 You+Me; Dan + Shay)
7 - Nothin' Town (This Nothin' Town; Jason Aldean)
8 - Bright Thunder (Blown Away; Carrie Underwood)
9 - Ladies' Man (God Made Girls; RaeLynn)
10 - Lonely at the Top (Hope You Get Lonely Tonight; Cole Swindell)
11 - Country Girl (Fresh Off The Farm; The Farm Inc.)
12 - Our Song (Play it Again; Luke Bryan)
13 - Worth the Drive (See You Tonight; Scotty McCreery)
14 - Instantly (State of Grace; Taylor Swift / Crickets; Joe Nichols)

Hopefully we'll round out to 17 or 18 tracks.

• Like 3

Yay! New stuff to read! *looks at list* And old stuff I need to re-read! And tracks to add... and... and... *runs around in little circles* ...and I'm deep into "Born Wolf" (yeah, I know)... *circuit breaker blows*

• Like 2

Yay! New stuff to read! *looks at list* And old stuff I need to re-read! And tracks to add... and... and... *runs around in little circles* ...and I'm deep into "Born Wolf" (yeah, I know)... *circuit breaker blows*

Who's a busy reader then? *tickles under chin* go have fun!

If you feeling slightly out of sight, don't worry that you are out of mind! I heard another song and thought of you. Or rather Tobias and Zai. Just the refrain and more literally and happier than the singer intends it. Tobias seems quite content with Zai's special attention...

It's Sabina Ddumba -Scarred for life, if the link gives you trouble. A brilliant Swedish singer.

Sabina Ddumba - Scarred For Life (Official video): https://youtu.be/DnyhC30ATGM

• Like 1

If you feeling slightly out of sight, don't worry that you are out of mind! I heard another song and thought of you. Or rather Tobias and Zai. Just the refrain and more literally and happier than the singer intends it. Tobias seems quite content with Zai's special attention...

It's Sabina Ddumba -Scarred for life, if the link gives you trouble. A brilliant Swedish singer.

Sabina Ddumba - Scarred For Life (Official video): https://youtu.be/DnyhC30ATGM

oh, she's got a great voice!

and yeah, in a MUCH happier way than the singer means it, this fits Zai and Tobias down to a T. haha! that's wonderful - thank you sweetheart.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there, inhabitants of the Sashaverse. I hope we are all keeping well, getting some sunlight and gazing adoringly at our loved ones (and loved animals)

So I am working on Chapter 14 of Sanctuary, so I am ahead of you guys, but not by my usual comfortable margin.

In between the many issues of moving (ARGH) and the long and arduous editing process of Cowboy Summer and the American Songbook Vol 1 (dear god thank you Kitt, Vin, Rustle, and Dugh), I am trying (and failing) to work on something for the upcoming anthology, and writing bits for a new story starring a boy and a leopard and a lot of awkwardness.

Stay good kids. Please know I love you all. SDxxx

• Like 4