Nope ... I've got first dibs on Luke ... I haven't had sex in ... god, I can't even remember what it feels like ... is it good? ... **sigh**

:lol::P

The last time I had sex was probably a lot longer than you, so I get dibs :P

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope i have first dibs, because i have never had sex. I'm a virgin. :*)

:read:

**SIGH** To be young and virginal again ... if I could go back in time to be 16 years old again, I would do sooo many things different ... ENJOY it all you can, bud ... you'll never have a time in your life like that again! :boy:

And don't pine after Luke when you should be out there tryin' to pick up a *real* cute boy of your own (just stay away from boys like Aaron and you'll be fine! hehe)

BTW, I thought that Arizona was a hot desert state. So how the hell did everyone in the state (except poor Seth) learn to skate?!?!?! :blink:

Well I just took it up about a month or so ago, and Louisiana is a very hot state. Also as someone said it's very similar to rollerblades; I didn't really have to "learn" at all. I just got on the ice and found that I could do it (Like Rory). So perhaps Luke, Dave, and Angela had similar experiences.

OK, now, a more serious question that I have not seen addressed: In DD31 or 32, Rory comes home to find Luke and Dave, shirtless and wearing bow ties, and they have one for him, too.

But, we never find out WHY they were doing this? Rory doesn't even seem perplexed? Well, I'm perplexed! Any theories?

I agree with what someone else had said: there doesn't need to be concrete reason. If I remember correctly that was the night Dave finally asked Angela out. He was probably just in a goofy sort of mood.

It amuses me that you children assume that since Grandma Alice is 55 or a little older, that she is this decrepit old hag at death's door.

I agree I plan to stay young and active forever.....or get old trying :P

So I was really ticked off at Rory for not calling his grandmother! I mean what a crumy thing to do. You'd think losing his mom would make him appreciate his family more.

I still have a bad feeling about Alice's health, but I guess we'll know soon enough.

As for Seth and Rory's first time, well I was really nervous about them leaving that door open! I mean it would have been very possible for someone to come home early unexpectedly (Like Seth himself did). Also I thought it was really funny when Rory stopped and asked "are we starting now?" Did anyone get the impression Rory had a lot more "on the ball" (no pun intended) than Quinn? I mean just in general with these sorts of things he seems to catch on faster, but I suppose he's at least thought about them more.

I think you guys might be right about Grandma Alice signaling the beginning of the end of the story, but still no telling. I'm just going to strap myself in and enjoy the ride!

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin

I think Grandma Alice came to tell Rory to stay in Arizona, and of course, she'll meet Luke and they'll hook up. Then she'll find out about Aaron, then she'll be kicking it at the park with her new man and his friends, and they'll spot Aaron, and that's when Grandma Alice put's it on him in the parking lot

BTW, I thought that Arizona was a hot desert state. So how the hell did everyone in the state (except poor Seth) learn to skate?!?!?! :blink:

It's not all hot Desert here. For example, I'm sitting up here at 7000ft, in pine covered mountains (and usually deep snow this time of year) and I'm less than two hour's drive from Phoenix.

I lived in the Phoenix area for a decade, and ice skating was quite popular. Heck, when it's 115 outside, anything involving ice would be popular! There was even an Ice Skating rink in the State's biggest shopping mall, Metro Center, but they took it out a few years ago.

Thanks for the two replies about the bow ties. I haven't figured out how to quote a quote yet, so I'll just say thanks, and that I agree. That would have been one very interesting scene to read, though, but I suspect Dom intentionally leaves things up to the imagination.

Speaking of which, I've noticed that Dom is often vague regarding how a character looks. IMHO, this is great, because it leaves it largely up to the imagination of the reader.

I don't think it's just her age that makes us assume she is an old...it's also the description of her. Fuzzy blue jumpsuit, grey curls, five feet tall--I get an image of a little old lady.

Perhaps Dom should be included with the other young'uns I was addressing.

Maybe she really is a lot older than Rory's and his mom's ages would imply. But I don't recall anything in the story to suggest that his mom is the baby of a long line of sibblings. If Alice had just one child very late in life, she could be about 70. I don't know anybody even that age who acts as old as Dom makes her sound. I do know a woman in her late sixties who goes to bed around 9:00, but she doesn't act old otherwise.

And a woman who waited that late to start a family would likely have had a good bit of education and a career in a profession and traveled and such, in my observation, and unlikely to take on characteristics we think of in the stereotype of a little old lady, whatever her height or hair color.

Nope ... I've got first dibs on Luke ... I haven't had sex in ... god, I can't even remember what it feels like ... is it good? ... **sigh**

:lol::P

Was it this decade ? If yes, then I get dibs on Luke.

Oh and by the way this is my fantasy, Luke !!

OK, OK, truth be told, I am not really predicting LGAITE... 0:)

Interesting, though, as Dom seems to have set this up wonderfully: Luke has been my favorite charachter right from the start of DD, but Seth is also seemingly a sweet guy. So, not matter what, somebody nice gets hurt. Dramatic tension!

Now for some serious predictions (and probably serious egg on my face).

Option #1, Seth isn't what he seems. Perhaps, but Dom usually foreshadows, and I haven't noticed anything bad yet.

Option #2, Luke meets someone and falls for them (probably not Grandma Alice). Possible, but it just doesn't feel like the story is heading that way to me. Just a hunch.

Option #3 Seth has an accident. This would be my guess out of the first three option.

Option #4, Dom is, as usual, unpredictable, and surprises us all somehow. I think this is by far the most likely scenario.

I think Grandma Alice showed up to knock some sense into Rory's thick skull.....she know's that the best thing for him to do is to stay in Arizona, and since he never called her like he was supposed to, she decided to take matters into her own soft, smooth, silky, experienced hands. While she's there, though, the attraction between her and Luke is going to be too strong, and the LGAITE's will triumph again, like the SRITE's!!!!!!!!

I think Grandma Alice came to tell Rory to stay in Arizona, and of course, she'll meet Luke and they'll hook up. Then she'll find out about Aaron, then she'll be kicking it at the park with her new man and his friends, and they'll spot Aaron, and that's when Grandma Alice put's it on him in the parking lot

ga is defintiely there to talk to rory, probably to tell him he's not coming back, like it or not, for one reason or another.

nick, your description of ga's hands is almost disturbing. only one that has felt them could describe something so hagly like that, and you have my sympathy. i am now an official supporter of the GAAITE movement--they r perfect for each other :D

Now for some serious predictions (and probably serious egg on my face).

Option #4, Dom is, as usual, unpredictable, and surprises us all somehow. I think this is by far the most likely scenario.

no egg on your face there!!!

Edited by Tim the Slut
ga is defintiely there to talk to rory, probably to tell him he's not coming back, like it or not, for one reason or another.

nick, your description of ga's hands is almost disturbing. only one that has felt them could describe something so hagly like that, and you have my sympathy. i am now an official supporter of the GAAITE movement--they r perfect for each other :D

ROFL!!!!!!!!

I'd feel so sorry.. for Grandma Alice!

And, Another possible scenario occured to me. Why does it have to be Rory and Seth, *OR* Luke and Rory? Luke and Seth might be another twist.. Or, what about Luke, Rory, AND Seth? :devil:

BTW, Hot Avatar, Tim!

Edited by C James
And a woman who waited that late to start a family would likely have had a good bit of education and a career in a profession and traveled and such, in my observation, and unlikely to take on characteristics we think of in the stereotype of a little old lady, whatever her height or hair color.

This is true; once you've been to Europe you never go to bed early again! :boy:

The two women pictured below were approximately Grandma Alice's age when this picture was taken. To play it safer, we could find more recent pictures of them, in case she is a bit older.

Is Grandma Alice's age ever actually mentioned in the story? I just re-read the first two chapters and didn't see it.

I've been assuming she was around 80, not 50. But, that might be due to my own Grandmother being over 80 when I was Rory's age.

In my mind, I always imagined Alice as being in her early sixties.

I guess where things are left to the reader's imagination, everyone will have different interpretations. For example, a lot of people think Seth is "hot," but the "Seth" that I have pictured in my mind isn't all that attractive, not like Luke or Aaron (TLS may be an asshole, but he's still hot! hehe)

Can't wait for Ch. 34 ... according to Dom's blog, he's had some writer's block ... **sigh**

I'm really liking "With Trust" so far, though, so I could even manage with another chapter of that one ... hehe

Looking back at the story, I don't really see her as acting "old" (whatever that is). She's just an eccentric pain in the butt. A person could be like that at any age. :D

You are correct. It's in this forum that the kiddies have decided that she must be an old hag.

:2thumbs:

Rory is sixteen years old in the story, and his mother (Gina) was 16 when he was born, which would make his mom 32 now if she were alive.

Presuming that Grandma Alice was at least 16 when she had Gina, the youngest she could be now is 48. If she had Gina later in life -- the latest age being around 50, because of women's biological clocks -- Grandma Alice could conceivably (pardon the pun :P ) be in her early 80s.

Looking back at the story, I don't really see her as acting "old" (whatever that is). She's just an eccentric pain in the butt. A person could be like that at any age. :D

Kitty

I think that you will find that women's biological clock times have considerably changed over the last 20 years or so, and I would be surprised if Grandma Alice is much over 70 at the oldest.

As for being an eccentric pain in the butt..... well that's what I am according to my work colleagues etc ! And I'm 40 now!!

:2thumbs:

Rory is sixteen years old in the story, and his mother (Gina) was 16 when he was born, which would make his mom 32 now if she were alive.

Presuming that Grandma Alice was at least 16 when she had Gina, the youngest she could be now is 48. If she had Gina later in life -- the latest age being around 50, because of women's biological clocks -- Grandma Alice could conceivably (pardon the pun :P ) be in her early 80s.

Thanks, Kitty!

I think the aspect of Grandma Alice that says "Old" to me is her attitude and behaviour, which reminds me very much of both of my grandmothers when they were in their 80's and 90's.

You are correct. It's in this forum that the kiddies have decided that she must be an old hag.

These same kiddies *CoughPunksCough* call me old and I'm 37 :blink::blink: .

Didn't someone also call Dom old?? And he's 22.

Edited by naper_vic
  • Site Moderator

The young one's here are forgetting one important thing. One day, providing nothing happens to them, they may live to see what they consider to be old age. Age is just a number.

I went to school with a guy who at the age of fifteen was going to be a solicitor. He had a great sense of humour but he was 'old', certainly in demeanour and maybe wisdom too.

I, on the other hand wasn't and aren't... Though at 99 probably some will think I am. ;)

As TalonRider says, age is just a number. All you get with it is life experience, not wisdom.

Edited by Camy