[DomLuka] DD Chapter 34 - It's Up!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I don't think I'm ever going to like Alice. I don't care what her reasoning was and even if it was good reasoning; she just rubs me the wrong way. However, I think Dom did a really good job at explaining Alice's reasoning for not telling Rory the truth about his dad. After the funeral she was grieving and grief makes people do things they normally would not so I can't really stay mad at her for that.

Luke, my precious Luke, is without a doubt the sweetest thing alive. I know Seth is being the calm and understanding one, but there's something about Luke's anger and sadness that just makes my heart ache. His sad and desperate and even angry pleas for Rory just to stay is so wonderful. Despite my attraction to the Seth and Rory pairing, my heart is truly going for Luke.

Rory is so confused and stupid and still very sad. He's struggling to go back to the life that he had before his mother died, but as Luke so eloquently put it: she's not there.

I predict that Rory just might return home (his home is clearly in Arizona now), but realize it's a big mistake and come back. My only question is will the story end after he decides to stay, or will it continue. Logic tells me it will stop because the whole of the DD (to me) is Rory getting over his Mom's death and moving on with his life.

However, I don't think I can be truly satisfied until Luke gets his happy ending, so we'll see.

As far Seth and Rory's relationship... I have no clue. I've just recently realized I'm a LRite apparently, so I'm a little biased from the get-go. Seth and Rory seem so sweet together, but their insistance on not talking about the heavy things kind of reeks of summer fling to me. I don't think I would mind Seth and Rory ending up together as long as we see Seth's character explored more. Like finding his motivation for wanting to rescue people.

To conclude, Dom is way cool. I can't believe someone married Grandma Alice. Luke rocks my socks.

I think that what Rory needs is a good swift kick to his rear quarters. I just don't get his reluctance. Ok..I get it a little bit..but to give up on a daily basis..a father..well two fathers. A best friend, a hot boyfriend for his grandmom, who is starting her own chapter of life...doesn't make sense. I think I just sounded pretty cold there. I think he's just scared. But damn if I can't wait til next chapter now.

Luke, my precious Luke, is without a doubt the sweetest thing alive. I know Seth is being the calm and understanding one, but there's something about Luke's anger and sadness that just makes my heart ache. His sad and desperate and even angry pleas for Rory just to stay is so wonderful. Despite my attraction to the Seth and Rory pairing, my heart is truly going for Luke.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK!

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

GREEN

Guest timtheslut
The amazing Mr. Luka has done it again and we need to kneel at his feet to beg for more.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

GREEN

i'll second that motion

the way dom describes rory's anger is just so amazingly accurate, the way he can put into words such deep emotions is breathtaking.

'I think I turned red in the face. I must have, because suddenly I was so perturbed that I couldn

Luke, my precious Luke, is without a doubt the sweetest thing alive. I know Seth is being the calm and understanding one, but there's something about Luke's anger and sadness that just makes my heart ache. His sad and desperate and even angry pleas for Rory just to stay is so wonderful. My heart is truly going for Luke.

Ahhh, I completely agree. See, this is how the person you want to be with should react. Seth is too blah! Yeah, he's understanding... and yes he does do some sweet things, but overall, Luke surpasses him by far. Seth is missing that umph! I just don't see the same level of meaning between Rory and Seth as previous Dom couples. With Luke and Rory, however, it's there. I really hope something happens to bring Rory and Luke to the realization that they belong together before this story ends. But somehow, I don't think that's gonna happen. :( It's way too late in the story, I'm afraid. Unless Dom decides to expand this story to 50 chapters, which I would fully support. :lol:

Did anyone else get the feeling that this is one of the very last chapters? :blink: While reading it, it seemed almost as if DD is ending at 35, especially because of the whole one week left thing. I don't see this going on longer, I see it ending at Rory making his decision to stay.

Edited by raz
Ahhh, I completely agree. See, this is how the person you want to be with should react. Seth is too blah! Yeah, he's understanding... and yes he does do some sweet things, but overall, Luke surpasses him by far. Seth is missing that umph! I just don't see the same level of meaning between Rory and Seth as previous Dom couples. With Luke and Rory, however, it's there. I really hope something happens to bring Rory and Luke to the realization that they belong together before this story ends. But somehow, I don't think that's gonna happen. :( It's way too late in the story for that to happen, I'm afraid. Unless Dom decides to expand this story to 50 chapters, which I would fully support. :lol:

Did anyone else get the feeling that this is one of the very last chapters? :blink: While reading it, it seemed almost as if DD is ending at 35, especially because of the whole one week left thing. I don't see this going on longer, I see it ending at Rory making his decision to stay.

Unfortunately I agree with you. This has to be ending soon. Not that I want it to end but then again there is WT now.

GREEN

That was an awfully evil cliffhanger .....

Actually, as DD cliffhangers go, this isn't one of the evil ones at all. It's not even a true cliffhanger. But yeah... we'll always want the next chapter. Now.

I predict that Rory just might return home (his home is clearly in Arizona now), but realize it's a big mistake and come back.

I agree, this seems like a likely scenario.

BTW, I'm starting yet another DD subreligion: SLRITE!!! ...c'mon, at least think about it... Rory sandwiches

I feel that the story is close to the end and being a LRITE, I hate that. It was shocking to read that Grandma Alice got married, especially to someone she only knew for 2 weeks.

Luke seems almost desperate for Rory to stay and maybe that shows he cares more than he has said he did.

Why is Seth not begging Rory to stay?

Meleth

Meleth

Because everyone else is begging Rory to stay, which is making Rory depressed and upset. I'm sure Seth wants him to stay, but he's considerate enough not to nag him about it like everyone else is. Make sense?

Wow. Best chapter yet, IMHO! Really well-written, clear, and powerful. I love the way it flows, and the way it began at Seth's, then shifted back to Alice's arrival. Now THAT's writing!

OK, speculation time! Dom took time to describe GA's new family, and that the marriage was secret, and that they would not be moving in together for a while. Why all those unusual details if the story was about to end?

And, one very big aspect that I didn't see mentioned: Does the new family know Rory is gay? What if the 19 year old son is big, straight, and homophobic? Or the new Husband? THAT could sure make a homecoming less than joyful, and why wouldn't I be surprised if Alice neglects to mention that little detail?

On the other hand, there are other possibilities... For example, I'm sure hoping Dom doesn't end the story without Luke finding somebody (anybody!) he can be happy with, so I'm wondering if that 19 year old son is somebody Luke will fall for?

Or maybe Rory will stay put in Arizona... ARGH, what a cliffhanger! :2thumbs:

[begin bitter LRITE fantasy theory]

Because Seth's obligation to his bet with Aaron will be over and he really doesn't care if Rory leaves. Seth's managed to piss of Aaron and have a little summer fling to boot.

Luke's behavio(u)r in this chapter shows who really loves and deserves Rory...and it's Luke.

[End bitter LRITE fantasy theory]

Wow, what a great chapter! The emotional rollercoaster of just arriving back from a FAMILY vacation, only to be thrown for another loop by a visit from Grandma Alice. I really liked how Luke & Eddie reacted to GA's news that Rory was leaving a week earlier. It seemed a much more realistic response to the unexpected change in plans.

Someone else mentioned that now Rory has to break in and come out to ANOTHER family if he moves in with GA and her new hubby. How will the 19yo 'cousin' take Rory being gay.

Or maybe that is Dom's plan...Rory starting a new life with his NEW NEW family... maybe another 34 chapters of DD!!!! WHOO HOOOO

Vic 0:)

Hehe, I damn well enjoyed this chapter. :)

One thing I'd like to point out for Rory going back, is that unless he does go back, he will regret it for the rest of his life. Even if he goes back for a week or two, and comes flying home to Arizona with his tail on fire, unless he does go back he will always wonder 'what if'.

I also hope he ends up in Arizona permanently as well...

I know what it's like to leave a place thinking it was going to be just for a little while (a week in my case), and to never go back. It's jarring, it's unsettling, and it's not a happy feeling at all. More than likely, he's done so much growing in the last few weeks that when he does go back he'll discover soon enough it is no longer home and is not where he belongs...

I think people are forgetting that this may just be something out of brotherly love. I think a lot of the LRITE are forgetting that Rory is the closest thing to a brother(correct me if Luke actually has a brother) that Luke has. Luke lost his whole family to whatever reason, therefore losing someone like Rory is going to hurt him a lot. I know he's not actually losing him, but with Rory not wanting to stay is almost like rejection.

Great chapter. When GA just up and goes to bed before talking with Rory, I couldn't decide who I was madder at, her or Dom. Fortunately, there was a lot of chapter to go, and my attitude toward each of them improved, especially toward Dom.

I now see the HSURITE position coming on. Chapters 37 through 50 will detail the growing relationship with the Hot (19-year-old) Step-Uncle. The parellel story going on in Arizona will begin with Luke's anger at Seth. He'll decide that Rory's leaving was Seth's fault, for not giving him adequate reason or encouragement to stay. If Seth had been any good as a boyfriend, Rory wouldn't have left. Or if Seth had stayed out of the way, then Luke could have been the kind of boyfriend that Rory needed to keep him there. But NO. Mr. Hat-on-All-the-Time had to have his little summer thing and mess things up for everybody. Luke can't even imagine what Rory (or Aaron for that matter) ever saw in Seth. Years after Angela and Dave conspire to get them together, Luke and Seth will still be laughing about it. LSITE (or the sequel).

well wow...

.. i guess the whole Alice moving to AZ went down the drain, huh?

but damn.. this chapter made me cry a crapload... im such a sissy.

i cried at the conversations between rory and luke, rory and jase, rory and eddie, and rory and seth... Seth is so charming... I Love Him... and Luke.. Luke is so hurt by all this that it pains me so. And then there's Eddie... i love what he said in the end.. I couldnt help but cry..

But yeah.. I was crying my ass off throught out this damn chapter.... amazing.

I think this instrumental music has a lil something to do with it.

Edited by Narcidius
That was an awfully evil cliffhanger .....

I agree with what somone else said...not too bad as far as cliffhangers go, in fact a rather good place to end the chapter really.

All I have to say is .... Alice Britchski??? :o

Kitty :D

Yep does sound rather close to....what everyone (except me and maybe a few others) have been calling her all along. :lol:

First of all, I don't think I'm ever going to like Alice. I don't care what her reasoning was and even if it was good reasoning; she just rubs me the wrong way.

I don't think I would mind Seth and Rory ending up together as long as we see Seth's character explored more. Like finding his motivation for wanting to rescue people.

Well first off I have to say I rather admire Grandma Alice. I've never had as much of a problem with her as most of the folks around here, but she seemed so strong, caring, and all around resilient in this last chapter that I positively grew to admire her. She really is one fiesty lady! And you've got to admire (IMO) the way Rory described her staying "in control" of the situation even as she got precariously close to tears. Similarly you've got to at least someone admire Rory for not pushing her over the edge just then. Really the only thing I find unsettling is that she got married after two weeks! I mean come on! **tsk tsk**

As to the second part I don't think Seth needs a specific motive for wanting to rescue people; I think it's just a personality trait. I've always kinda felt like that too, and while I've analyzed almost everything else about myself that hadn't even occured to me...HMMM guess I've got something new to analyze now :boy:

i'll second that motion

New screen name Tim?

Ahhh, I completely agree. See, this is how the person you want to be with should react. Seth is too blah! Yeah, he's understanding... and yes he does do some sweet things, but overall, Luke surpasses him by far. Seth is missing that umph!

I don't think Seth's lacking in "umph". Another person yelling at Rory isn't what he needed right then, and he sought out Seth precisely because he knew he would be understanding.

Luke seems almost desperate for Rory to stay and maybe that shows he cares more than he has said he did.

I think we're seeing Luke's less stable side, a bit more of the boy who's already had a family ripped apart once.

Why isn't Seth begging Rory to stay? I think because he wants what's best for Rory and realizes that Rory has to decide that on his own. Seth's just being unconditionally supportive, which is quite nice.

If I were in Rory's situation I'd want Seth to behave the way he is and let me come to my own decision as well. Of course I think I'd have already decided to stay.

One thing I'd like to point out for Rory going back, is that unless he does go back, he will regret it for the rest of his life. Even if he goes back for a week or two, and comes flying home to Arizona with his tail on fire, unless he does go back he will always wonder 'what if'.

I'm sure you're right but personally I would think he'd wonder "what if" more if he did decide to leave; I know I would.

And, one very big aspect that I didn't see mentioned: Does the new family know Rory is gay? What if the 19 year old son is big, straight, and homophobic? Or the new Husband? THAT could sure make a homecoming less than joyful, and why wouldn't I be surprised if Alice neglects to mention that little detail? :

I think it is possible that the 19 year old is homophobic, but I really don't think Alice would marry a homophobe.

OK so here's what I think's going to happen:

Rory will decide to move back in with his grandmother until the wedding. This will allow him to spend time with her and get closure in his old life. Eddie and company are already coming for the wedding so it'll be easy for him to just go home with them. It also makes sense because Rory probably won't want to go through getting used to the new husband and his son. Rory and Seth will stay together and be that much stronger for having survived their seperation (absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that). And while this idea hadn't occured to me until I read C James' post I liked it and even though I ultimately think it unlikely it would be nice if the 19 year old were gay and he and Luke fell for each other. (unlikely I think though, and then they'd have the long distance relationship to deal with).

And finally, I'd love it if we'd call Grandma Alice something besides "GA". We've already got enough "GAs" around here. Half the time I read "GA" I read it as "gay authors". "Gay authors tells Rory he has to stay in Arizona." :blink: ...Of course I'm sure if someone took a poll that is indeed what the community would decide. Not only that but I already get that mixed up with Georgia! Maybe we could call her "granny A" or "Gram Alice" or "Shotgun wedding girl"

Anyway I loved this chapter and can't wait for the next! Have a truly teriffic, awesome, fantastic, marvelous, splendid, enchanted, lovely, nice.........day everyone!

Take care,

Kevin

(Sorry, it's late and I get a bit wacky sometimes :wacko: )

Edited by AFriendlyFace
I think that what Rory needs is a good swift kick to his rear quarters. I just don't get his reluctance. Ok..I get it a little bit..but to give up on a daily basis..a father..well two fathers. A best friend, a hot boyfriend for his grandmom, who is starting her own chapter of life...doesn't make sense. I think I just sounded pretty cold there. I think he's just scared. But damn if I can't wait til next chapter now.

Rory said it. 3 months can't compare to 16 years.

The situation is a bit biaised for the readers. I mean, we only know Rory through that summer. But we're missing the 16 previous years. That's what made him, that's him. He doesn't have to grow a sense of belonging there since he already has a place of his own. Things are... hum... familiar, comfortable back there. In Arizona, he has to fit in someone else's life. 3 months is a short time to feel "at home".

And what's left of his mother if he leaves ? Getting over the death of a parent you were so close to is not that easy. If he goes back with Alice, I guess he has the conscious or unconscious feeling his mum will still be everywhere. Where they lived, where they went, who they knew... it's all there in Nevada. And you can love places (and people) all over the world but it doesn't mean that you'll feel like you belong there (and with them). You might, quickly or slowly, depending on many things, but it's absolutely not compulsory no matter how long you stay in those places.

He's just 16 and his mother was pretty much his whole world. You can't ask of him to react and act like a reasonable, logical adult.

Edited by Xandra Kitee