Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

Well, Rob...what can I say?  Sorry doesn't cut it...I was a real tease--but only if you think I actually know what's going to happen and didn't give out a clue!

I actually don't have any idea what's going to happen.  It's like a big empty warehouse up there, with random thoughts and images, most of which have nothing to stick to, like a JM chapter...so they vanish again pretty quick.  I have a couple that have attached themselves to Three Worlds, if that helps?

I'm developing a tickle for JM, but it's no more than that, and I have no idea how it will work, or even who or when it will occur...I'll just have to let words come out of my fingers and see how it turns out.

Ask Gary, he knows I don't plan, I just get images, and they don't always play out like I thought once the writing begins...ask him about the Prom discussion we had ages ago!  :D

Meds now, and snack, then writing!

• Like 2

Tak, Tim!

I doubled the size of Chapter 49 last night, but that's not saying much yet...  :D

The little 'tickle' I have came from emails with Geron, when I mentioned something from my sordid past...so it will be partly factual, though displaced in time to a few years before it actually happened.

• Like 2

CG,

Just keep doing what you do and the story will continue in your wonderful way.  Overplaning often interferes with the real important things.  The way your Muse leaves hints in your mind seems to be working in the end.  Just keep yourself healthy and happy and we will try to keep Gary on the leash :gikkle: .  Best thoughts always.

• Like 3

CG,

Just keep doing what you do and the story will continue in your wonderful way.  Overplaning often interferes with the real important things.  The way your Muse leaves hints in your mind seems to be working in the end.  Just keep yourself healthy and happy and we will try to keep Gary on the leash :gikkle: .  Best thoughts always.

Hey! Why do I need a leash? :huh:

• Like 2

Images, images, images... :blushing:

Hmm, I don't think Jay or Miles might want a leash--remember way back when Mikey thought Gulliver's harness was for something kinky?

I sorta forgot about something I wrote in a chapter, which brings Cal and Benny to mind... :X

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 2

I guess we're not talking about a clerical collar, G-Man?  :o

As long as we aren't talking spanking--a previous bf found I wasn't into that even to administer it--then I'm good...would this work better if I was all smooth and oily?

We know G-Man has a big axe...he uses it to excise the drama from my chapters!  Hehe, had to fit one in somewhere, man. 

• Like 2

I guess we're not talking about a clerical collar, G-Man?  :o

As long as we aren't talking spanking--a previous bf found I wasn't into that even to administer it--then I'm good...would this work better if I was all smooth and oily?

We know G-Man has a big axe...he uses it to excise the drama from my chapters!  Hehe, had to fit one in somewhere, man. 

Only the excess drama, buddy :P

• Like 1

There must be something in the water of Ontario and Upstate New York...or is it that Spring is stirring things up early?  Been exchanging salacious emails with Geron for a couple days, and they're hilarious.  Okay, maybe bawdy rather than salacious...I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

If y'all are wondering about the B/C reference, check the chapter with the shopping trip to the mall.  :X

Off to write some more...fuelled up by lunch, now it's time to get down to work, such as it is.

• Like 2

Wednesday's appointment went well.  The laser surgery she did in the clinic last time seems to have prevented any more leakage behind the retina, and the spot might be a little smaller.  Everything else looked great, so my next visit is in mid-April.

Got an appointment MOnday with my regular doctor to check AiC...should be lower, I hope.

Working on 49, been reading a bit on the side, so I was a little distracted...but got some time now.

Here's a question: Bill and Kevin--how big a role should they have?  I'm not sure they warrant their own POVs, especially since Bill doesn't go to the same school...they could be glimpsed off and on in the background, similar to the drive-in, but I'm open to suggestions.  Is JM Land too crowded already?

• Like 2

Hi CG,

Great news from the doc and hopefully the next one also :).  For your question, I think there are enough characters full time to follow.  An ocasional cameo from others works well.  It is your story and we will love it however you present it to us.

Best Wishes Always,

Rob

• Like 3

I was thinking the 'glimpse' method would be best--at least easier on my and the sanity of the audience.  :D   Oh wait, does the audience still retain any sanity after 48 chapters?

Well, there was a fair bit of hair tearing in the beginning, but by now it's mostly :wub: and the occasional tears.

• Like 2

Hej Tim!  You're right, I decided to check my email before doing insulin, and Geron said he reviewed my story, so I checked notices and saw people write here, so I came here first!  I have to get my next chapter up fast if he's going to catch up with me!  Only 1k so far...been lagging with a couple stories at Awesome Dude by EleCivil.

• Like 2

I suppose I could lend you some hair for transplants, if grey works for you...and I hope the tears were happy ones?

Not all the tears were happy, but that's OK. Life is like that, and you're showing us a beautiful and real slice of life - even if it's an alternative reality to what happened in the 1970'ies of your life.

• Like 2

Yeah, tears can't all be happy ones...but I hope the smiles are.  The growth of confidence was slower in my life with no Jay in it, but it grew stronger in time.  Life seems to alternate--good things opposed by bad--but in the end, we can only hope that the balance sheets come out to the good.  Even in my sad moments, I try to make others' lives a little happier, so I think I'm on the plus side.  :o

Certainly, all my friends here--bring the happy times out in a torrent.

• Like 2