Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

I'm grateful for all the comments I get from readers--more here than at Nifty, but only because they have to use email there.  The only request I haven't worked in yet is the request for a shower scene--I had an immediate vision of a Psycho-like one, but haven't had the place for it yet.  :P

Over there, there was only one comment that bugged me, but it was so hilarious I had to laugh.  I replied with a polite thank you for the comment, and hoped he would like something else next time.  The comment was on the single-chapter beginning of Jay & Miles Out West: that was mostly set-up with not a lot of action, and the author said I ought to work with insomniacs, since the story would quickly solve their problem.  I had planned on more chapters for it, but that was before my vision problems at Christmas 2015...there may still be more of it now that I've got more vision back--just depends on finding the time, and AC's involvement.

More work on 49 today, first section is nearly done!

• Like 3

Don't worry Rob--I have the song on an original 45!  Along with Sonny & Cher's 'The Beat Goes On', and a couple Elvis ones from my older sisters.  Not to mention LPs by Herman's Hermits, The Monkees, Bill Cosby and a memorial album for JFK.

I can still take solace that I don't share any time with my oldest recording media--a victrola from around 1910 in perfect working condition--and it came with a bunch of disks too.  Also have my first typewriter I got at an auction--an LC Smith Brothers from around that same year.  :) 

You feel younger now?  :D

• Like 2

Yea,  Thanks CG :P .  Your mention of the Victrola reminded me that I really need to get my 1928 Splitdorf upright console going again.  If I get it going will I be able to tune in and listen to the origional broadcast of " War of the Worlds "?  Me thinks I need another cup of coffee!

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end................................................................. ;)

Edited by wenmale64
  • Like 1

That would be so cool--I have two antique radios, both working.  The table-top one is actually seen in the War of The Worlds movie from the 50s--the scientists are gathered around it listening to the news--it's a Zenith AM/FM/FM2 so it can get both types of FM popular then.

My other one is a Philco, I think, cabinet type from the late 20s--only AM back then, but works fine--I saw an ad for it online and it originally cost $900, but I  got it for $125.

More writing today, after lunch--then I have to wait for G-Man's latest Malaise....

• Like 2

That would be so cool--I have two antique radios, both working.  The table-top one is actually seen in the War of The Worlds movie from the 50s--the scientists are gathered around it listening to the news--it's a Zenith AM/FM/FM2 so it can get both types of FM popular then.

My other one is a Philco, I think, cabinet type from the late 20s--only AM back then, but works fine--I saw an ad for it online and it originally cost $900, but I  got it for $125.

More writing today, after lunch--then I have to wait for G-Man's latest Malaise....

Yeah, I better get working on it... spent an hour on the phone with my insurance... arghhhh

• Like 1

Hey guys!

Chapter 49 is moving right along, and I'm hoping to get it to G-Man very soon so I can post it on the 6th, which is my birthday.  There was almost a disaster today--I went to open the doc and it asked which file I wanted, the original or the recovered one--I picked the wrong one and discovered I'd lost over 2000 words!  Fortunately, the Recovered file was in the Recycle bin, so I was able to access it again...so I was fine.  I guess it was open when my computer restarted, and I didn't notice...I'm now hitting 'Save' before I leave the pc alone!

• Like 2

Phew - close call. :o

Always save at regular intervals - although there was a joke here once:

Rigtige mænd tager ikke back-up - de græder bare ofte og længe. :rofl:

(Real men don't do back-up - they simply cry often and lengthily.)

• Like 3

Just gotta stop getting distracted by other stories I'm reading...that's my biggest problem.  I don't have the discipline of you guys to turn out chapters like clockwork.  It would probably work better if I planned things, but I almost never work that way.  I have a scene I'm working toward, but it won't be in this chapter,and there's another I have in mind, but it doesn't feel like the right time for it either.

• Like 2

From Gary's COTT topic - and don't forget to check out the Happy birthday topic Carlos has made. :D

Good morning everyone.... Have a good Monday.. 

I see it's CG's birthday too.. 

Happy Birthday CG! may you have a good one!  :hug:

Morning all!   Feels weird to have slept in, but the black out curtains in the hotel do their job! Must have rolled over and gone back to sleep when it looked like the wee hours instead of my usual pre-dawn wake up.

Happy Birthday CG!

Well, I should take this opportunity to wish CG a very happy birthday !

Many happy returns !

Tillykke med fødselsdagen, min ven.  :hug:  :kiss:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

Tusind tak, min ven Tim!  I would have missed the other greetings if it weren't for you! 

And I want to say thanks to all my other friends here too.  You've all kept my spirits up in the last year, when I was thinking my writing was going to be cut short.  Sometimes, it's your kind thoughts which keep me going--okay, all the time!  Not one call from either of my sisters or nephew...but then, it's been over a year since they turned their backs on me during my surgeries.  I just thank the gods for my real-life friends and my online friends who buoyed my spirits during those times.  I can't every say enough thanks!

:2thumbs::kiss::glomp::thankyou: :thankyou: :hug: :hug: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Like 3

Tusind tak, min ven Tim!  I would have missed the other greetings if it weren't for you! 

And I want to say thanks to all my other friends here too.  You've all kept my spirits up in the last year, when I was thinking my writing was going to be cut short.  Sometimes, it's your kind thoughts which keep me going--okay, all the time!  Not one call from either of my sisters or nephew...but then, it's been over a year since they turned their backs on me during my surgeries.  I just thank the gods for my real-life friends and my online friends who buoyed my spirits during those times.  I can't every say enough thanks!

:2thumbs::kiss::glomp::thankyou: :thankyou: :hug: :hug: :heart: :heart: :heart:

We love you, my friend :hug:

• Like 3

See--wonderful people here!  I talked to my friend Derik in California, who got me back online this time last year...and my other friend Kat is going to take me to dinner when she gets a break from her jobs in Cincinnati.

Got more writing done, so I'm closing in on the finish to Chapter 49, hope it gets to G-Man tomorrow.

• Like 2

Just sent G-Man my chapter--late at night as usual.  I took a nap, so that made it late.  About 6500 words, most of them pretty good.  :P

Wield that axe, G-Man!

Had a rough night... terrible nose bleed, but I'll get on it as soon as I can... blacksmith coming today... xo

• Like 1