Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

CG and I are a great team... it's easy because he is very talented... we are in sync about most things... and we both care about the story he tells...

See, that's why there needs to be a 'Super Like' button. :)

I pester Gary with my crazy ideas and he says 'Follow your first instinct' and everything seems to fall into place after that...my hardest task is getting started, or seeing how a new POV will work, and Gary always serves as my beacon of sanity. I also tend to over-think and have been known to obsess over details--I went through every chapter the other day to see if I'd mentioned when Mikey's birthday was and couldn't find any references...and what kind of alarm clock the boys have so I can be consistent.  Talk about anal retentive--if you catch me out on a detail, the fault is mine for not writing it down after creating it

Back to the grind-stone.

• Like 2

Just over 6800 words, Gary is looking at it, and I should finish it later today--I've run out of steam, but not words. Looks like posting later Sunday or Monday afternoon if the final version passes G-Man's scrutiny.

Just sent Chapter 24 to Gary for looking over. It went a little weirder than I thought at the end. 7800 words.

Okay... I sent it back... another great chapter... Proud of you, Buddy, as always...

• Like 1

Great chapter CG. The two perspectives worked really well.

yeah, I thought Greg/Kurt's worked really well... it showed us a lot, not just about him, but the school and the people. We got to see how outsiders viewed the fight, and got to know what kind of person Cal was through the deer story. And that he is very interested in the silver-eyed Denny :wizard:

• Like 2

yeah, I thought Greg/Kurt's worked really well... it showed us a lot, not just about him, but the school and the people. We got to see how outsiders viewed the fight, and got to know what kind of person Cal was through the deer story. And that he is very interested in the silver-eyed Denny :wizard:

That was exactly why I liked his perspective. It gave a third party view of the fight - but also gave some insight into the school environment.

• Like 2

Great chapter CG. The two perspectives worked really well.

:heart: I agree, and I'm glad you made it one long chapter and not two. I forgot to comment on the reindeer joke in the locker room, now we're waiting to find out which one Greg is. And Benny can be Santa Claus. :lol:

• Like 2

Hmm, if Denny is 'Dancer', then which reindeer would Greg be?

I can think of two choices: Cupid and Vixen. Votes?

Chapter 25 lies before us: whose POV should it be, and what should it cover?

Do I finish the Tuesday and stop, or continue on to Wednesday? As far as that goes, do I speed up a bit and condense days where nothing much happens so we can get to the weekend where J/M may have a movie date with Trebor and Dave?

My vote is for Cupid.

I think a Mikey and/or Jay chapter would be good again. Especially Mikey's post fight reactions and having Linda treating him like a brother now. Whatever you decide will be fine though. Trust your instincts.

• Like 3

My vote is for Cupid.

I think a Mikey and/or Jay chapter would be good again. Especially Mikey's post fight reactions and having Linda treating him like a brother now. Whatever you decide will be fine though. Trust your instincts.

I see you're taking beta lessons from Gary! :)

Oh, the New and Improved Front Page now has better Notes so you can get a teaser of the contents before you open it....

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 2

Chapter 25 is at 1k words so far, not enough to send to G-Man, but it takes up where 24 ends, and is from Mikey's POV so far.

Since pictures are taking over Tim and AC's forums, does anybody want to post pics of what Mikey and Jay look like? You all know I like adding them to chapters to illustrate details, but haven't done any of the characters...so if you want to speculate post here.  :)

Maybe we'll get some insight into how everyone sees the people in their own heads...and you don't have to limit them to Jay and Miles if you have a vision for anyone else.

Wow, right down to the red shirt and cream-colored pants! You are awesome, Lit!

By the way guys, don't limit yourselves to actors...there are tons of pics of models and amateurs on the net, you just have to find the right search words. :)

The site which yielded Jasper's pic on Tim's prompt thread was 'shirtless red-headed guys'. There are a couple pics in my gallery of me from about 7-12...don't look if you want to stay with your own images, I was gawky, tall, on the thin side with shortish hair and dorky glasses.

Wow, Bo Duke could be a possibility...as could this one of Lance Kerwin who had a show called James At 15, back then.

60cc21e6965b66c379aeb5ac6d6f98f4.jpg?ito

Edited by ColumbusGuy

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that about Lance too.  If John Schneider is one option, how about this for another?

8514651.jpg?167

He's hot, but not innocent enough looking... or mischievous enough looking... John Schneider wins for me , so far... :boy:

• Like 1

Maybe one of these?

482ed9ce6d103fe42d225802d5a76964.jpg3583186.jpg

blond-teen-boy.jpg

God, no!... too young, except for Hunter Hayes, and his hair is too dark... and he's not innocent looking enough... Jay has to look like an Angel with a bit of devilry...IMO

• Like 1