Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

Wrote more on Chapter 25, not half done yet, at least as I'm thinking now. You know how boys talk!

I asked Gary a question about how I ought to proceed: day by day, or hit the highlights of their days so we get to Linda's Graduation and other events sooner? A month or so back, we'd thought about how to handle the Summer break...condensing it into a few chapters where each is an important event for the boys...

What do you guys think?

Here at the beginning every day is important IMO. Later you can leap days by giving a brief summary ('they'd worked hard on the car for the past days, so now it was time for a day of relaxation and fun' or something like that)

• Like 1

That's a very good point Tim--and I hadn't looked at it that way. They are still only a week into their relationship--even less officially--so there is a lot to learn and experience both for them and the reader.

Lunch time--added a small chunk last night before bed which covers the nick names the boys have...I had meant to do it in 24, but somehow missed out, so it's in 25 and provides a nice transition. I think G-Man will like it when he sees the next version.

Somehow, that little addition used 200 words and brought me up to 2700 even.

For those who haven't gone back to 24 to see Denny's house, here it is:

Dderwencelli

• Like 2

BTW, I mentioned my mom's 50s ice cream scoop in the newest chapter review - this one is very much like it. B) The same ribbed handle, and the same blue, but hers was on the grip. :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ice-cream-scoop-blue-enamel-and-aluminum-Nevco-Japan-/221777663461?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a2fa95e5 

Edited by AC Benus

Chapter 25 is about half done, I think...4100 words. It's been all Mikey so far, but now it's in Greg's hands.

I'm glad we're hearing from Greg again :boy:

I like the idea of hearing more from Greg as well. He's a perceptive kid, and through him we get to know more about the other kids at the school which we wouldn't normally get since Jay and Mikey are - understandably - pretty wrapped up each other right now.

• Like 2

I like the idea of hearing more from Greg as well. He's a perceptive kid, and through him we get to know more about the other kids at the school which we wouldn't normally get since Jay and Mikey are - understandably - pretty wrapped up each other right now.

I agree, but I'd also like to see Greg in a safe relationship... what he's doing is dangerous, especially for that time period... he is savvy, but all it takes is one mistake in judgement and one wrong phone call to a redneck bastard who recognizes him and strings him along. Just saying...

• Like 1

I agree, but I'd also like to see Greg in a safe relationship... what he's doing is dangerous, especially for that time period... he is savvy, but all it takes is one mistake in judgement and one wrong phone call to a redneck bastard who recognizes him and strings him along. Just saying...

That's true - I was thinking more that he seems to pay attention to people and seems to read them well. I would like him to stop the phone calls though. I agree that it could become very dangerous if he calls the wrong person.

• Like 1

Man, Gary...you sure know how to scare the bejesus out of somebody! I was basking in my memories of receiving my own anonymous phone calls and I don't think that consciously crossed my mind until now...even though Jay had said earlier that he recognized Greg's voice.

I wonder if Greg even thinks of what could go wrong? Will he continue to call people once he finds his own boyfriend?

Do you have any suggestions about how he knows about Benny?

CG gave him a lot of depth with that one conversation with Cal/Vinnie, which showed how clued in he is... Greg... not CG... well, CG, too, but ...you know what I meant :P

Haha yeah - I get what you're saying.

• Like 1

Man, Gary...you sure know how to scare the bejesus out of somebody! I was basking in my memories of receiving my own anonymous phone calls and I don't think that consciously crossed my mind until now...even though Jay had said earlier that he recognized Greg's voice.

I wonder if Greg even thinks of what could go wrong? Will he continue to call people once he finds his own boyfriend?

Do you have any suggestions about how he knows about Benny?

I assumed it was through a phonecall and you were being funny when you said you had no idea how he knew about Bennie... I figured it was the only way he could know... but as observant as Greg is, maybe he noticed over a course of time that Benny stared at Cal when he wasn't looking and his finely tuned gaydar pinged like crazy. Maybe Bennie even changed his lunch hour to have the same one as Cal... and always sits facing him, with no exceptions... maybe to the point of making guys move out of their seats if there are none left facing Cal... what do you think?

You're a real hoot, G-Man! xox

XOX back!!

As for calling people after he finds his own boyfriend... no bloody way... that would be cheating!!! I'll use my veto on that one... wait... do I have a veto?

I like the idea of Benny taking a seat so he can see Cal all the time...gotta use that...If he got any pings I wonder if he would call one of the school's top wrestlers?  Could it have been the other way around--Cal told him of his crush, and that made Greg look at Benny more intensely? Then, he might call after gathering data--it sounds like the two are in the early stages yet, so that could work.

A veto? Of course you have a veto--you've used it already in the matter of someone's 3-way!

• Like 2

Dang, Lit..I think you just found two characters!

From what I can tell, the first one isn't quite red enough--maybe it's my monitor or my eyes..but that might be Denny?

The second one I could easily see as Greg.

I have had two likes available all day, and now I'm out when I need them most!

:great::heart: :heart: :heart::thankyou:

Edited by ColumbusGuy

From what I can tell, the first one isn't quite red enough--maybe it's my monitor or my eyes..but that might be Denny?

I 'liked' it for both of us, CG... :thumbup:

• Like 1

Come to think of it I can see the first guy as Denny.  I definitely preferred the second guy's darker hair for Greg.  

• Like 1

Maybe it's time to refresh our memories with some details?

Miles Stevenson: 17, 6'2" dark-brown wavy med. hair, hazel-brown eyes, glasses, lightly muscled, good legs. Shy, pale. Lonely.
Jay Beckel: 17, 5'8", golden-blond med. wavy hair, cornflower eyes, delicate features, pert nose.  farm muscles. Open, caring and friendly.

Jay's Siblings

Jerry Beckel: white-blond, blue eyes, muscular, 20, 6'2", tanned, friendly but quiet.
Linda Beckel: honey-blonde, brown eyes, delicate face. 18, 5'11", average build. Self-absorbed, smart.  

At School
Greg 'Kurt' Newton: 17, 6', tawny-red hair, blue eyes, freckles, average build. Quiet, but not shy. Gaydar proficient.

Denny Watson: 17, 5'11, sandy-brown curly hair, grey eyes, runner, a bit shy, big ears.
Ben Ross: 17, 6'2, 210 lbs, black hair, green eyes, all muscle. Wrestler.

Calvin Schuyler: 17, 5'10", 175 lbs., long blond hair, green eyes, nice muscles, loner.

At OSU
Dave Mendoza: 18, 5'10", black hair, brown eyes, Miwok Indian, medium build. OSU, Redwood City, CA-Everest Public High
Trebor Maciver: 18, 6', red hair, freckles, grey eyes, medium build, OSU, Redwood City, CA-Summit Prep.

Edited by ColumbusGuy