Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

Not too far from the truth, though, for the most part :P

I think we've hi-jacked CG's forum. :lol:

And nothing wrong with a little give and take - think we can find any more puns? :P

Edited by EagleIsaac
  • Like 3

I think we've hi-jacked CG's forum. :lol:

And nothing wrong with a little give and take - think we can find any more puns? :P

Ah, he won't mind... he's a sweetheart! :yes:

And there are always puns to be had... If you're gonna dish it out, you have to be able to take it :P

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 2

Hijack my thread--sure thing! I love the banter at our other homes, and am honored it can continue to thrive here.

If people want to dish out puns--Ive got two 50s ice cream scoops you can use! :)

It was my love of puns that made a lot of my teachers in high school think I was a sarcastic putz, and it got me through some tough moments when you either had to laugh or cry.

By the way I added a new pic to Chapter 26, so we can all see the piano Denny was playing--it's as close as I can get to mine--close to the right year, but mine has the optional third pedal.

Any ideas on what you want to see in the next chapter besides JM?

• Like 2

Any ideas on what you want to see in the next chapter besides JM?

While I want to see J/M, I want to see more of the connection between Denny and Greg... I'd like to see Greg open up to Denny, like Denny did to him... but I trust you to take us somewhere great...

• Like 1

I think I might be able to manage both, but I'm wondering how many study chapters people will tolerate, which is why I had thought of speeding the pace up a bit by just hitting the high points in a chapter...but Tim pointed out that this is still very early in the story and we need to know everyone better.

While I want to see J/M, I want to see more of the connection between Denny and Greg... I'd like to see Greg open up to Denny, like Denny did to him... but I trust you to take us somewhere great...

You're giving me a swelled head, G-Man--or is that from the pic of you with your big weapon?  :)

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 1

Started Chapter 27 a few minutes ago.  Not very far yet, only 120 words, but it's from Jay's POV, so that tells you he and Mikey are major players (hehe).

Anybody want to give me a cool title to work toward? I've used up the last two Gary gave me for our previous chapters.  Sometimes I work without one, and hope one comes to me as I'm writing, other times I think I have one and work with it as a guide.

I'm not planning on it being 11,000 words this time--but then again, I hadn't planned it last time either.

• Like 1

What fun to wake up to Gary and Eagle banter. But you're making me feel bad churning out all these long, wonderful chapters. :(  JK ;)

I apologize for mixing up Denny and Greg in my review:

I laughed like mad, when Greg slammed the door on Jay and Mikey making out. Ooops. :lol:  (Denny was the one in front.)

But your reply had me :rofl:

I had the image of Rob busting in on Eric and Nelson as inspiration, my friend! At least he shut the door and left, rather than barge in. :)

• Like 4

Like Lit's typing the wrong first letter between Benny and Denny in a review, I got what you meant...so don't fret over it. I can't count the mistakes in my reviews because I miss them as I type and don't always read them before posting. Sometimes the cursor lags behind the speed of my typing and my eyes have moved on already.

27 has our heroes in Jay's room--and the door is securely LOCKED, even though it's only family present and they wouldn't barge in.  :)  Being a victorian house, the lock is separate from the knob, so it requires a skeleton key...just like my own house does. The ranch I grew up in had locks only on the front and back doors, and the bathroom...not that I had anyone in my room to be naughty with until after high school.

• Like 3

I'd love to see J & M maybe starting work on the truck soon. Maybe going for a ride on the horse for a picnic? Just some alone time. I agree with Gary though, I do want to see more of the connection between Greg and Denny. I think those two are going to be a great couple.

• Like 2

Good things come to those who wait--I got a title! 'Quality Time' it is.

Only four paragraphs or so in, 750 words, but it already fits. :)

Trucks, horses, so much to work toward...it'll come, I'm sure Gulliver is feeling a bit neglected, so I'll have to fix that right away--he IS Jay's 4-H project after all.

• Like 2

Good things come to those who wait--I got a title! 'Quality Time' it is.

Only four paragraphs or so in, 750 words, but it already fits. :)

Trucks, horses, so much to work toward...it'll come, I'm sure Gulliver is feeling a bit neglected, so I'll have to fix that right away--he IS Jay's 4-H project after all.

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:   So early in the day to be out of likes already.  **sigh**

• Like 1

I've been bad--I wrote nothing yesterday, just read and caught up with friend's stories and all the insane messages on COTT and Timmy...so part of it is you guys' fault. :)

Chapter 27 is moving again, up to 1400 words--and somebody is about to get a reward. :X

• Like 2

I've been bad--I wrote nothing yesterday, just read and caught up with friend's stories and all the insane messages on COTT and Timmy...so part of it is you guys' fault. :)

Chapter 27 is moving again, up to 1400 words--and somebody is about to get a reward. :X

:heart:

well now you know how I feel when spending several hours here rather than write. :lol:

and I just did it again. :no:  no twins written tonight either.

Good night

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

What's that old saying... You got to be good to be bad... and you're good, little bro :P

• Like 1