[Sasha Distan] Ladies' Man - American Songbook Track 9

Just read the chapter again, and I suddenly noticed this:

Jimmy frowned at him. “Just ‘cause Nate dumped you doesn’t mean you have to go switching sides and pretending you like girls now-.”

So Nate lied about their break-up, because of course as a real man he couldn't be the one to be dumped. :pissed:  But the funny thing is, Clem didn't even seem to notice or care, and that's the best revenge of all. If Nate tries to pretend in front of Clem, I can just hear our hero saying casually and indifferently: "Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better, Nathan. We both know the truth but I couldn't care less. I hope you'll also find love one day and be as happy as I am now." And then Clem will smile proudly and adoringly at Ash and ignore his ex utterly, leaving him to fume impotently. :lol:

Edit: It's so boring when I'm the only one here - oh wait, Irri is online. :)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Aw Tim I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!

It's OK, I wasn't hurt, just really tired and unable to work out what my answer to your question would be.

However, I think Nate will hit Clem, because he's the kind of guy who resorts to violence every time he's about to lose an argument. I'm not sure whether Clem wil hit back. In fact, I hope their mutual friends will intervene, thereby showing that they take his side.

When Nate is all alone and generally despised, that's when I think Sasha will start writing his story. :pinch:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

And, well, what is he even going to be angry about? He did in fact sort of dump Clem.

you mean the thing he said when Clem came to deliver hay? That was after Clem had avoided him for weeks, as the hands had already remarked upon. But if it can keep Nate away, then by all means...

• Like 2

Yeah, I guess it's not so clear. It's like Nate was expecting things to go on like they had before and thought Clem would come after him and when he didn't, Nate refused to make any move of his own. Which I would think would set Clem free anyway.

Edited by Irritable1

When Nate is all alone and generally despised, that's when I think Sasha will start writing his story. :pinch:

you realise I've almost finished writing Nathan's story? You guys will get your first chapter soon as Ladies' Man is set and done - otherwise, spoilers.

• Like 4

Honestly I'm feeling a little bit done with these two. They're so sweet, and I do adore them, but we know they'll be all right, the only question really is whether Ashlee can ride. Horses. Nice sex scene and then let's move on to tortured Nathan?

• Like 2

you realise I've almost finished writing Nathan's story? You guys will get your first chapter soon as Ladies' Man is set and done - otherwise, spoilers.

Yeah, what I meant is that you would pick up the tale from Nate's POV at the moment he is at rock bottom. Sorry, if it was unclear.

• Like 2

I'm actually pretty excited to read Nathan's story. Don't get me wrong, I want Ashlee to give Nate a piece of his mind and leave Nate wondering what the hell happened, but I want to see him redeem himself too. He's such an ass in this story, but I think it is possible for him to be a better person.

• Like 2

Honestly I'm feeling a little bit done with these two. They're so sweet, and I do adore them, but we know they'll be all right, the only question really is whether Ashlee can ride. Horses. Nice sex scene and then let's move on to tortured Nathan?

Ladies's Man has one more actual chapter and a two part extended epilogue.

So three updates.

Yeah, what I meant is that you would pick up the tale from Nate's POV at the moment he is at rock bottom. Sorry, if it was unclear.

Actually not, because of the timeline. All will be explained. We pick him up in a mid point of generally feeling shite.

• Like 2

There was so much I loved about this chapter I don't know where to start. I loved that Jimmy apologized and invited Clem AND Ashlee to the tailgate party. Jimmy seems like good people. I cheered as Clem stood up for himself and didn't have to resort to violence to do it. I realized as I read it that, although I was in the "kick Nate's @ss" club, this was better and more true to Clem. Clem is a strong and quiet gentleman. He didn't have to resort to violence to get his point across and stand up for himself. I laughed at Clem's reaction to Ashlee actually taking off his boots at the door. Sometimes it's the small things that really do it for someone. And last but certainly not least...the bedroom scene. Hot and sweet at the same time. What was not to love? As I said in my review, so much awesome in one chapter!   :worship:  :wub:

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 3

Great first Epilogue chapter, Sasha ! Nice to know they are a solid couple down the road and all set to make a life together. Kudos to everyone in town (except Nate) for being pleased for them and appreciating how good Ash is for Clem. Guess it shows how well liked Clem is - people do recognize a good guy and want him to be happy.

• Like 1

Great first Epilogue chapter, Sasha ! Nice to know they are a solid couple down the road and all set to make a life together. Kudos to everyone in town (except Nate) for being pleased for them and appreciating how good Ash is for Clem. Guess it shows how well liked Clem is - people do recognize a good guy and want him to be happy.

new subtitle: "Nice guys don't always finish last"

Lol, there's nothing meek about Ashlee! I'm so pleased about his great career! Another way in which he exceeds expectations. But I was a bit rattled by the absence of Nathan. I thought the Epilogue would be all Nathan all the time.

• Like 1

Lol, there's nothing meek about Ashlee! I'm so pleased about his great career! Another way in which he exceeds expectations. But I was a bit rattled by the absence of Nathan. I thought the Epilogue would be all Nathan all the time.

Why? When I said that Nathan gets his own story, I meant just that, his own damn story. Lonely At The Top has five chapters and 18000-odd words!

• Like 2