Hi, all. I wanted to comment of Alistair's scent (Chapter 13). I don't think he's a meta. I believe he thinks he's a part of some scent experiment, or he's being paid to tweak his scent, *something* to make hm alter his scent. It explains why he dressed the way he did, whyhis scent stayed steady when they expected it to strengthen or take on complexities, and why it got weaker when he was upset, rather than stronger -- he lost control over it a bit. I also think he was chosen for his ability to keep his emotions under control, to the point of almost not having them. Is he even capable of empathy? I think he used Jett to get to the pack.

HowEVER, I don't think he knew what he was getting into with the pack. And when he had time to think about it, he realized he was in over his head and was like, "I'm out." I bet he leaves the school.

As for Prime, I think he wants to believe they have found a new meta to stop their free fall. Everyone wants to believe in Alastair, so they ignore the signs telling them something isn't right.

Alistair seems to be the perfect Meta. As little Colt was liked in the beginning (see beginning of this rant) as little is Alistair. Perfect. Only now Colt is dead he has been elevated to saintly über-Meta status

Alistair seems to be the perfect Meta. As little Colt was liked in the beginning (see beginning of this rant) as little is Alistair. Perfect. Only now Colt is dead he has been elevated to saintly über-Meta status

Colt a saint hahahhaahahahahhahahahhahahaahhhahha :rofl::gikkle:

Maybe part of it is that we are experiencing things from the other side of the coin from when Colt and the Pack met but there are elements of this that are ringing false to me. Reactions that are off kilter, scents that don't make sense, encounters that feel staged rather than genuine.

• Like 1

BTW glad to see you are sticking with this crazy group of people Geemeedee. I hope the others have chimed in are still around as well. Its great to hear other people's perspective on characters and events.

I'm curious though if you have checked out the fanfics I started posting and your thoughts on them if you have. 0:)   JAR has even made some of the events in them canon! They can be found here if you haven't but want to read. https://www.gayauthors.org/story/pkcrichton/metafanfics

• Like 1

Excuuuuuse me! (snapping neck and holding up index finger) Might I remind you I have always liked Colt? I may disagree with his views and actions sometimes, but that does not mean I don't hold him very dear.  

And I agree with the analysis (see my review for ch 13). This is a set up, a trap to get the Pack to disintegrate since they are too powerful now. 

• Like 1

It seems Puupilull found the song for Colt's 13th birthday. Amazing how well vampires sing.

Well they have to be able to lure virgins to them so what is better than to be a siren?

Edited by PkCrichton

Do tell!

But that's not what the prompt said...

I'm going to think on it a bit more and maybe it will be in a my big chapter rant or maybe not. Lets just say I just connected a number of hints together from the end of Deaths through now.

He SEEMS to be the perfect Meta? I read that as "Alistair is not the Meta." LOL

There are too many signs that this is not kosher.