I really don't want to think Jackson is a mole, but he does have access to the cloud and could have given MaryAnn the information she needed.

Thanks to Prime, Jackson is doing what he's best at, and he has a mate. I find it hard to believe he would betray the pack ... willingly. MA's access to the pack cloud makes me wonder if he's being shadowed.

Colt will be disposed off by the vampires ... Alistair got where he needed to get ...

Colt will be cast out by the IC and wind up back on campus. That was in the prompts. So I figured the IC banished him because MA killed him, then he returned as a vampire. A vampire that also happens to be a White Wolf. Oh, why not?

I could also see Prime continuing the ruse of Alistair-as-Meta by "banishing" Colt when he returns. "Sorry, Vampire Boy. We have a new Meta." All in an effort to figure out MA's endgame.

Edited by Geemeedee
  • Like 2

Sheesh I stop talking for a few hours and we jump from 13's depth to 14's revelations.

Sleep well...? ;)

Colt will be cast out by the IC and wind up back on campus. That was in the prompts. So I figured the IC banished him because MA killed him, then he returned as a vampire. A vampire that also happens to be a White Wolf. Oh, why not?

I could also see Prime continuing the ruse of Alistair-as-Meta by "banishing" Colt when he returns. "Sorry, Vampire Boy. We have a new Meta." All in an effort to figure out MA's endgame.

Yes, whatever is going on with that banishment, is either a scheme thought out by Colt and the wolves or some plan Colt has. Like when he left since he was afraid of his vamp side. 

Sleep well...? ;)

Yes, whatever is going on with that banishment, is either a scheme thought out by Colt and the wolves or some plan Colt has. Like when he left since he was afraid of his vamp side. 

Is your brain functioning again?

You know I wonder how we all would have taken this book if we hadn't have had Prompts Bait, RSVP, Back and Pulp telling us that Colt would be back...

You know I wonder how we all would have taken this book if we hadn't have had Prompts Bait, RSVP, Back and Pulp telling us that Colt would be back...

I knew I would regret those prompts ... maybe I should unpublish them

I live on planet Optimism (much to JAR's amusement) so I would think he's coming back regardless. Just see Prime coming back from the dead. And he's part vampire. Must be good for something. They don't stay down for long. 

As for my brain... Cosi cosi...

Edited by Puppilull

I knew I would regret those prompts ... maybe I should unpublish them

Well there are also ones like Juno that show alternate realties/timelines. So it could have been chalked up to that as a possibility. But they did feed the optimistic outlook that he could be back somehow. So no don't unpublish them. The real trick with prompts is if we can hold off reading them until their designated spot in the narative in which case we would have had Bait after MW6 Chapter 4.

we shall see. so no comment on the Kitty Colt exchange?

There are many things one could say about that exchange. She wanted that gay queer eye best friend that would be into fashion etc not the stereotype flipping masculine gay guy who wants the non stereotypical bigger gay guy. It really showed how his taste in guys got shapped to perfectly fit the IC wolves. Sucks that all she wanted was that queer eye best friend instead of an actual friend which is what Colt would have been.

but what would have happened if he had had friends in Texas??

That really depends on a lot of things. If he had had friends there is a chance he might not have wanted to go to the school on the far west coast. He might have found himself being more open, less guarded, not have been able to blackmail Adam into submission and would have instead told the friends ending up getting killed by the pack probably.

To me, Kitty wasn't a very good friend, since she seems more interested in the idea of a 'gay male friend' than actually getting to know Colt. He has his preferences and to me that doesn't mean he's buying into a stereotype. He's a guy who likes guys of a certain look. Why he likes the guys he is attracted to? That's a very good question. Why do any of us like the people we are attracted to? Probably a mix of genetics, chemistry and upbringing and who knows what else. To in essence call him normative as if that's a bad thing is not right. Isn't the point of all the years of struggle to ensure everyone, man or woman, should be able to be who he or she wants to be without judgment? Love whoever they want? Longing for a 'traditional' life isn't wrong, as neither is living completely outside the norm. 

but what would have happened if he had had friends in Texas??

One friend. I think Fate could give him one friend...

Something noone has considered yet is that 14 also brings into question again the side and role of Emma.

She was given the video usb stick by Colt to give the pack. This was filled with multiple hints as to what is really going on. We know her apartment was surrounded and filled with the scent of someone with a vampire scent bit it a full vamp, a shaman or someone else. She is overwelmed and unable to deal with Forest constant upset mood which is due to the IC being as hurt and lost as it is. She is informing Fauna of changes in events with the IC and we know Fauna is being manipulated by her 'sister' Flora/Sylvia for decades. Emma says it will only be a few more months.

So what side is Emma on? Is she trying to help or hurt the IC? The 'a few more months' comment could be tied to some timeline that Colt had given her when he gave her the USB stick or it could be tied to some other plan that has a time table on it. Colt even wasn't totally sure if Emma would do what he asked so he put in place some redundancy into his plan as to what that redundancy is we have no idea it could have to do with OWLS...

It is really the combination that creates the strength and fortitude for one to deal with such situations. Knowing that you can survive on your own and knowing that there are those out there who care about you are two sides of the same coin that is spent to survive. Having only one of those but not the other is what tends to lead towards darker mindsets and options.

Anyone who grew up moving around knows this lesson.

and wolves are much to busy getting the new Meta than worrying about those.

'The King is dead. long live the King!'

Until Brian finally shares with them what Betsy told him on their first meeting. That he not only had to be strong when the alpha lost hope but had to stay true to his Meta and only his Meta. That old point coupled with really listening to Colt's video should be enough to get the ball rolling. But it still might need whatever redundancies Colt has put into place to trigger the puzzel pieces fitting together.

I doubt Colt could have a much darker mindset...

To me, his loneliness isn't his strongest motivation. I see his belief in himself, unwavering inspite of all the shit he's been through. He gets knocked down time and time again, but gets up. Somehow daring to strive for something better for himself. Because somewhere deep down, I think he knows he's worth it. He gets through school (even with Adam looming over him) and he goes off to college (albeit in a different fashion than he envisioned). Nothing can stop him, other than himself. So his loneliness is something he battles, but it's not his driving force. 

How's that for a pep talk?