Yes, I got the years, but they don't tell me anything. I may be having a dumb day. I'll give it til tomorrow. After that, I'll have to call a code blonde...

A Code Blonde... So you want to call Colt in to answer it? He is blond after all.

You can try... Who know a Code Blond Emergency could draw out other blond characters when needed...

Ok I can't resist saying it... Prompt Game brings in MetaFanFic Game into canon. So thanks JAR for that. Funny thing is it was the premise around a fic/prompt centered around the title Game that started things in the first place. For those who haven't read it and the other 3 fanfics I've written you can find them here. https://www.gayauthors.org/story/pkcrichton/metafanfics

You can try... Who know a Code Blond Emergency could draw out other blond characters when needed...

Ok I can't resist saying it... Prompt Game brings in MetaFanFic Game into canon. So thanks JAR for that. Funny thing is it was the premise around a fic/prompt centered around the title Game that started things in the first place. For those who haven't read it and the other 3 fanfics I've written you can find them here. https://www.gayauthors.org/story/pkcrichton/metafanfics

Subconsciously PkC must know where Meta is heading towards ;-)

Hurray I can review Prophecies 13 and have what I say not be a spoiler for chapter 14 unless you read this first lol.

So something is really off with Alistair. He has felt off since the moment his interests changed to focus on Jett. There was a change in how he acted and his actions themselves felt off. His actions when deciding when to visit Jett's 'home' could be interperated innocently or they could be read in another way once you look at certain possible facts. The questions he asks everyone feel to pointed than they would be without any foreknowledge of that is going on and who is around. His mention of Kubera when talking about gods also sends up a major red flag for me as that has only been seen in Prompt RSVP as a word from a sanskrit text that Colt was translating. How would anyone from Britain know the name of that god unless they were around people who know or know themselves what the prophecies surrounding the Meta, IC and the Vampres are?

There is the continuing issue of Alistair's scent. All it ever does is weaken and intensify. There is never any emotion, feelings, etc with his scent. It never changes the 'type' of cider as it is never potent vs sour, etc. His reactions feel wrong and out of place they are to controlled. He isn't shocked at things he should be and overreacts at things he shouldn't and yet still his scent never changes.

In going to see the pack suddenly Alistair is wearing a Wifebeater/Tank Top which is entirely out of character for him as he never wears anything like this and only wears this while there. I think his wifebeater is actually the wifebeaters that we see Colt wearing in Prompt Bait but somehow his scent on them have been altered so that they get a Cider scent instead of his distinct Wine and Waterfall. But why does Jett smell it when he never was able to smell Colt? This would explain multiple things about Alistair and these encounters. His scent never does anything but get weak or intense depending on how confined a space he is in, how much open air exchange there is between the garments and the air and how close one is to him. He abruptly leaving suddenly in the morning after being shown the wolves could be because he is running out of scent instead of having mental issues with werewolves and vampires existing. Similarly this would explain why he would do a short trip to Jett's home instead of staying over a longer period of time as he would only have a limited amount of clothing and thus scent to utilize on the wolves. At school he is only around Jett for short periods of time so is able to control and ration any clothing and scents that he has on hand. I think Prompt Bait was named as Bait just for this reason the Wifebeater/Scent is bait for the Inner Circle for MaryAnn to somehow get control of them or break them. The warmth in the cell Colt was/is in during that prompt is also to induce him to sweat more and is what he realized at the end of the prompt.

Now as for the wolves I think they handled it well putting on a good public face but as we can see with Prime it is just that a public face. It is what they think they have to do per Colt's instructions for the good of the pack. But privately they HATE the idea of it. I do like that Prime puts them all to tasks to find out more about Alistair although I think if it is a dubious play in Alistair and he isn't a Meta that there would be some pretty well created backstopped backstory that would be meant to trick even their deep checks.

They are also picking up on things that they don't know what to think of. The lack of scent changing beyond intensity, the lack of emotional scents are two linked things that bugs them as much as it does us.  The changes in their own reactions on their initial catching of the scent differs greatly from what each of them felt when they first encountered Colt's scent which throws up some questions in their minds as well. There are reactions and observations on Alistair's part that don't make sense with the sitatutions from smiles, seeing things he shouldn't, hears things he shouldn't, the questions he asks, his attire not only being different from the normal for him but the state of his dress in different environments doesn't make sense for with the differeing environments and finally his abbrupt leaving,

The questions asked of Alistair and his answers are while innocent grant some helpful if suscpicious information that should help the IC in their looking into Alistair and finding out the truth.

Before I thought over the wifebeaster angle I was feeling sorry for Jett since the Inner Circle is now going behind his back checking into what he sees as 'his' and not talking to him at all about their own reactions to the scent they picked up off of Alistair. He had picked up

The real questions left by this chapter are

• What is Zone 0?
  • Who/What is Alistair?
  • How did they alter Colt's scent?
  • Why doesn't it effect Bradley but it effects the current IC and Jett?
  • When will the IC figure out the truth about Alistair?

PS - Now you see why I had a gag order.

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

I guess I can finally share with you the comments I sent to JAR with my edits of ch. 13. :)

He suspected Alistair had an idea about the effects of his body odor otherwise he wouldn’t have worn a wife beater (OMG I suddenly realized. These are the wife beaters they have been making Colt wear! That’s why they were too big. But why do they come out as cider?) again
Report every 24 hours, and immediately when he approaches Zone 0.” (Do we know what zone 0 is?)

They should think about why Alistair did not give off any scents but the cider. It’s pretty obvious to me.

• Like 1

As soon as I read the part with Colt mentioning the cheating game situation, I knew it referred to your fanfic, but I didn't find it odd at all. I guess I'm considering the fanfiction to be part of the story so much I forget those chapters were not written by JAR ! Hope you take it as the compliment it is.

• Like 1

As for why the IC haven't investigated why they have only gotten a cider scent but nothing else off of Alistair there are a couple things to consider here.

First off is time timing. They literally just met the guy Friday evening. On Saturday night they did the wolf shifter reveal and first thing Sunday morning he left. Friday night would have been spent with Could It Be, WTF conversations and inner termoil. Saturday night would have been filled with trying to digest the events of Saturday. While Sunday is get into action find out, follow, watch, mode.

Then there is the fact they already know of one person who had only a single scent as Al only had one due to his unique Shifter/Vampire hybrid status. They also know that Colt while having two scents was a Shifter/Vampire/Human hybrid himself. So they could be thinking that Alistair could be some form of a hybrid without knowing it and thus only have a single intoxicating cider scent coupled with whatever the barely noticeable hue of some expensive blue perfume could be.

So they haven't really had the chance to get suspicious yet or use this to look back at Colt's message and see if there was anything there yet.

• Like 1

So they haven't really had the chance to get suspicious yet or use this to look back at Colt's message and see if there was anything there yet.

Oh, I didn't expect them to work it out at once. I simply wanted them to become alert and think about the possible reasons.

And I'm still trying to work out why Jett can smell Alistair. Has something been added to hit Loope males in particular?

Oh, I didn't expect them to work it out at once. I simply wanted them to become alert and think about the possible reasons.

And I'm still trying to work out why Jett can smell Alistair. Has something been added to hit Loope males in particular?

They have had access to different wolves genetics at different times. When MaryAnn had Prime under her Shadow she had complete access to all the IC members other than Al and Warren. After the Battle we know she has gotten different moles into the pack so they might have gotten access to Warren and Jett's biology. She could have easily learned about Jett's existence, that he is Prime's second cousin who would be going away to school but due to being cousins would probably get some protection from the pack and decided to use him in their mechanization.

Gah! Do you guys have any idea how difficult it is to not read this!?! I need to get to ch 14!

0:) 0:) 0:) MUAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

:2thumbs: Now you will know why I've waited to post. Now you best read 14 or you will SPOIL yourself... You also know why I used to keep SPOILERS in my signature  :rofl: 

• Like 1

0:) 0:) 0:) MUAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

:2thumbs: Now you will know why I've waited to post. Now you best read 14 or you will SPOIL yourself... You also know why I used to keep SPOILERS in my signature  :rofl:

Oh, just go to bed, will you...? ;)

The harvesting scent and Alistair’s sudden change in dress was a very good call! But I must agree that I can't figure out why it smells like cider and not wine? Are they feeding Colt something to change his scent? If it’s his sweat, wouldn’t it be Colt³?

The rushed timing of the whole meet and greet seems off to me. Why are they in such a hurry to reveal themselves to Alistair, when Prime’s surveillance measures make it clear he doesn’t trust Alistair and is far from convinced he’s their meta? I’m thinking Prime already has figured things out. He’s proceeding with the plan to get a new meta, simply to keep the vamps off track. I can picture him watching the file on the stick alone in his room so many times now, that he must have realized what Colt is really telling them. He has obviously found that spot where something important is going down, that Zone 0. An orifice? Maybe it’s not a zero but the letter O? 

I started thinking about moles again as I went back to review Sons. One of the younger wolves working with David could be either Will or Jackson. I really don't want to think Jackson is a mole, but he does have access to the cloud and could have given MaryAnn the information she needed. 

I will be traveling and "meeting" over the next days, so my interaction might be sporadic. But the long flights might also inspire me to progress with "IN The Jam" or some hint-carrying prompts.

Of course, if the US military needs some consulting, they surely can reach me on my mobile ;-).