I saw your reply to my review to last week's prompt and I think Colt expects quite a lot from a first encounter if he feels Chris is to easily distracted to be worth the effort of a chase. Is he such a romantic to believe that a man to be truly interested should drop everything and everyone to just focus on him? That's worse than me...

When I met Mr Matador, we had about eight months of casual dating before we decided on each other. That didn't mean the interest wasn't there. However, we were young and we're having fun. There was no rush.

Chris seems plenty strong to me. They had been talking for a few minutes at a party, where Chris probably came to do exactly that; party. If Colt is expecting fire works and swooning from the get go, I'm not surprised he had a hard time finding someone, for a night or a relationship.

In the defense of Colt

( A ) We can safely assume Colt has little experience at this point with such gatherings. Unlikely he was invited to a lot of those parties, so he has not 'coordinate system' to gauge somebody's interest. The equivalent would be for me to understand what's really going on in a Thai business meeting.

( B ) We cannot assume Chris was interested in the way, Colt was. For Colt then to do something (like wait, interrupt, push his phone number into the back pocket or whatever) would take courage and require courage from Chris to accept it publicly. That's a lot to ask for when the risk is public embarrassment. I'm convinced Colt calculated the risk-reward structure appropriately.

( C ) Even if we assume Chris was interested, he was too subtle for a Colt, who at this stage is still severely emotionally stunted (hint of Asperger?). Chris would have had to say something like: "This beer pongs take some while and I might be hopelessly drunk afterwards; so can I have your number to call you the next days for more Heinlein talk?" Chris wants to be a future officer, that shouldn't be too tough for him. -- And even if he forgot why did he never follow up later? Colt was another two years on college.

( D ) In hindsight we know Colt was groomed to deal with an Alpha like Prime. Compared to him Chris was pussy-footing around ('typical army' the marines would say). For Colt to really go for it he would have needed to feel strength on the other side like: "I'm going to beat frat ass now and then you better deal with mine or I'll chase you down like a blood hound."

Edited by JohnAR

Thank you, Tim!

I went running as usual and found a song for CE. Strong, loyal, loving (yes, loving) CE.

Unusual choice. I would have pegged him for a country boy

Of course it was... Couldn't have five minutes of happiness in the Metaverse, now could we?

Oh we had more than five minutes ... Prime swirling around Colt was at least 10 minutes happiness.

JAR

Unusual choice. I would have pegged him for a country boy

Oh we had more than five minutes ... Prime swirling around Colt was at least 10 minutes happiness.

JAR

It was more the lyrics. I agree DM is kind of dark for CE. Maybe more for Isaac?

10 min? Colt must have been really dizzy...

In the defense of Colt

( A ) We can safely assume Colt has little experience at this point with such gatherings. Unlikely he was invited to a lot of those parties, so he has not 'coordinate system' to gauge somebody's interest. The equivalent would be for me to understand what's really going on in a Thai business meeting.

( B ) We cannot assume Chris was interested in the way, Colt was. For Colt then to do something (like wait, interrupt, push his phone number into the back pocket or whatever) would take courage and require courage from Chris to accept it publicly. That's a lot to ask for when the risk is public embarrassment. I'm convinced Colt calculated the risk-reward structure appropriately.

( C ) Even if we assume Chris was interested, he was too subtle for a Colt, who at this stage is still severely emotionally stunted (hint of Asperger?). Chris would have had to say something like: "This beer pongs take some while and I might be hopelessly drunk afterwards; so can I have your number to call you the next days for more Heinlein talk?" Chris wants to be a future officer, that shouldn't be too tough for him. -- And even if he forgot why did he never follow up later? Colt was another two years on college.

( D ) In hindsight we know Colt was groomed to deal with an Alpha like Prime. Compared to him Chris was pussy-footing around ('typical army' the marines would say). For Colt to really go for it he would have needed to feel strength on the other side like: "I'm going to beat frat ass now and then you better deal with mine or I'll chase you down like a blood hound."

I love it when you do these lists... It's so Colt. "I want you. The reasons are threefold..."

There is no doubt Colt needs to work on his skills (and his skillz) and since he has no practice he wouldn't feel comfortable being more assertive.

But (grooming aside) to expect Chris to just sweep him of his feet is to me like waiting for a knight in shining armour. Totally romantic, if you ask me.

How would Chris find him? The college is big and they didn't move in the same circles.

Edited by Puppilull

I love it when you do these lists... It's so Colt. "I want you. The reasons are threefold..."

There is no doubt Colt needs to work on his skills (and his skillz) and since he has no practice he wouldn't feel comfortable being more assertive.

But (grooming aside) to expect Chris to just sweep him of his feet is to me like waiting for a knight in shining armour. Totally romantic, if you ask me.

How would Chris find him? The college is big and they didn't move in the same circles.

Grrr.

So basically Colt has to be the 'man' and hunt his 'girl.'

JAR

Side note: was at the Berlin gay parade this afternoon .. (hundred / ten) thousands of gays in various stages of undress ... and the only one I  found interesting was one of the (straight / fully dressed) policemen accompanying the parade ...

I think I need to get my head straightened out (pun intended).

note that's also why I didn't contribute yesterday too much. I hope I've caught up with things now ...

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

That's again where Colt has a different expectation from his 'man:' If the guy wants to find him, he will find him, and if the college has the size of Texas. Romantic? I would call it determined. ... Or maybe it is a shade of romantics ... wait ... are you telling me Colt's a romantic? ... Pls. don't do this to him!

JAR

• Like 1

you mean this reply from JAR, right?

I'm guessing Chris felt he'd shown his interest clearly and he was probably disappointed to find out that Colt had left the party. Maybe Chris thought this was a sign Colt wasn't really interested in return? And though we know why Colt does not pursue Chris, I don't blame Chris for giving up. Should be interesting when we meet him again.

Edit just to be sure: I don't blame Colt for not pursuing this either. His reaction was not a surprise to me, I clearly recall how long it took Prime, Brian and CE to convince Colt of their interest. :facepalm::/

I've already written that scene.

chris did try to find colt later ... But you'll have to wait until book 7 to find out what happens ...

JAR

I saw your reply to my review to last week's prompt and I think Colt expects quite a lot from a first encounter if he feels Chris is to easily distracted to be worth the effort of a chase. Is he such a romantic to believe that a man to be truly interested should drop everything and everyone to just focus on him? That's worse than me...

When I met Mr Matador, we had about eight months of casual dating before we decided on each other. That didn't mean the interest wasn't there. However, we were young and we're having fun. There was no rush.

Chris seems plenty strong to me. They had been talking for a few minutes at a party, where Chris probably came to do exactly that; party. If Colt is expecting fire works and swooning from the get go, I'm not surprised he had a hard time finding someone, for a night or a relationship.

Well he got fireworks ... An unbelievable BJ ... The scents, drama with vampires on first date ... 

First, I hope you had a really good time yesterday. I'll miss Stockholm pride this year, since we'll be in Spain. It's one hell of a party (even if I would be thinking about Colt's thoughts from that LGBTQ-meeting on the goal of a parade. Mainstream or not? I dare not use the N-word...).

On topic, Colt doesn't have to be a 'man' or a 'girl'. He should be a person meeting another person and, if circumstances are right, express his interest. You know, like a grown up... Both parties are responsible for something to happen.

Determined? Determined to sit and wait? Now, that is a tactic that usually leads to long waiting by the phone.

Romantic? No, I think he's actually scared and his low self esteem makes it so difficult for him to dare to try. He sees himself as unworthy of love or any kind of affection. Not so easy to have fun flirting if you constantly expect to be shot down...

And his first date with the wolves was preceeded by some contact. Although, Prime and the boys have the unfair advantage to be able to smell interest. They didn't have to guess like the rest of us.

• Like 1

First, I hope you had a really good time yesterday. I'll miss Stockholm pride this year, since we'll be in Spain. It's one hell of a party (even if I would be thinking about Colt's thoughts from that LGBTQ-meeting on the goal of a parade. Mainstream or not? I dare not use the N-word...).

On topic, Colt doesn't have to be a 'man' or a 'girl'. He should be a person meeting another person and, if circumstances are right, express his interest. You know, like a grown up... Both parties are responsible for something to happen.

Determined? Determined to sit and wait? Now, that is a tactic that usually leads to long waiting by the phone.

Romantic? No, I think he's actually scared and his low self esteem makes it so difficult for him to dare to try. He sees himself as unworthy of love or any kind of affection. Not so easy to have fun flirting if you constantly expect to be shot down...

And his first date with the wolves was preceeded by some contact. Although, Prime and the boys have the unfair advantage to be able to smell interest. They didn't have to guess like the rest of us.

Are you sure you're INTJ? ;-)

Why? What would be your analysis?

I haven't done the actual test, but I have always seen myself like that. Maybe I'm delusional...

Regardless, a grown up needs to take responsibility for hr own actions. If I'm interested in someone, I have to do something. Even if I feel like an idiot while doing it.

But I'm seriously out of practice. My game is terribly rusty. I only flirt a little nowadays.

Edited by Puppilull

Why? What would be your analysis?

I haven't done the actual test, but I have always seen myself like that. Maybe I'm delusional...

I sent you a link some days ago on this forum ... try it ... 

So how's summer up there. Still UA/AWOL?

I sent you a link some days ago on this forum ... try it ... 

So how's summer up there. Still UA/AWOL?

I know. I don't want to try it on my phone.

Today, it's sunny and warm. On our way to the lake. So nice. Finally! And Berlin?

Was okay ... perfect for the parade. Too hot tends to have unpleasant aesthetic consequences. And this evening to Paris again; then we have Budapest and Vienna. Stockholm was cancelled.

Too hot a problem..? Ha, ha! I agree though.

No JAR-spotting in July? Darn! And here I was making plans to finally find you. LOL

JAR spotting? Why did that remind me of whale watching?

I will come to Stockholm eventually; even my Swedish colleagues will have to comply ...

JAR

I did the test. INTJ! (33, 12, 12 and 56 if that tells you anything...). Working with law and now as head of my unit, it sounds like I have ended up right where I should! Ha, ha! Almost scary.

Since you asked if I really was INTJ, I guess I may have managed to overcome some traits. Or my fearless approach to matters of the heart is based on data that is too old and experiences not valid for an assessment on my current self. (Meaning if I became single today,I would probably be totally lost...)

I did the test. INTJ! (33, 12, 12 and 56 if that tells you anything...). Working with law and now as head of my unit, it sounds like I have ended up right where I should! Ha, ha! Almost scary.

Since you asked if I really was INTJ, I guess I may have managed to overcome some traits. Or my fearless approach to matters of the heart is based on data that is too old and experiences not valid for an assessment on my current self. (Meaning if I became single today,I would probably be totally lost...)

Welcome to the INTJ club. It is a very rare trait esp. amongst women!

• Like 1