I'm still kind of in the middle of my mulling over today's chapter 8. The thing I'd like to start with is Colt thinking the wolves aren't even gay. That to me can't be true.

Most of the wolves have gone through so much grief over who they'd want to bed (they didn't actually get that far...). They've lost families, packs. Why would Colt ever doubt that?

And before you say Fate made them that way, why on earth would she leave Al in his predicament? She ran out of "gay juice"?

It doesn't make sense!

Defiance19 and Equi made some excellent points in their reviews!

Edited by Puppilull

Most of the wolves have gone through so much grief over who they'd want to bed (they didn't actually get that far...). They've lost families, packs. Why would Colt ever doubt that?

And before you say Fate made them that way, why on earth would she leave Al in his predicament? She ran out of "gay juice"?

It doesn't make sense!

Right?!!? 

• Like 1

For a smart guy, he's kind of dense.

And I have to agree with that it doesn't matter! Love, lust, codependence... If you're happy now, be happy now. But that closet romantic Colt is trying to convince himself he doesn't really need anyone in his life, when in reality he longs for a love that lasts forever. Nothing else will do.

However, few relationships last forever. It doesn't make them any less amazing or rewarding.

With his background, I get he's very guarded and cautious. After a couple of years (!) you would think he'd be able to trust in the wolves.

• Like 1

And I have to agree with that it doesn't matter! Love, lust, codependence... If you're happy now, be happy now. But that closet romantic Colt is trying to convince himself he doesn't really need anyone in his life, when in reality he longs for a love that lasts forever. Nothing else will do.

However, few relationships last forever. It doesn't make them any less amazing or rewarding.

With his background, I get he's very guarded and cautious. After a couple of years (!) you would think he'd be able to trust in the wolves.

I have no more likes so..❤️

Dense, lol. But that's why he infuriates me so. Especially as you point out he's had a couple of years to figure this out. But then, that's just it... Trust. 

Prime getting more and more Alpha isn't so strange. He's a young, gay, outcast wolf who now had a pack, land and a scrawny Meta who ge loves. Why wouldn't he be feeling ten feet tall and growing?

If I were him, I'd strut like nobody's business! Doesn't mean he doesn't need Colt.

• Like 1

Exactly! Also, Colt needs to re-evaluate his lust/ love argument. It's a lot about the sex but that's not all there is. In their downtime, even the last chapter, these wolves do things and take care of each othe and Colt in a way that's absolutely not obligatory or forced. Plus love and lust are a pair. 

You know JAR is going to dismantle these good feelings right! Lol. 

• Like 1

Would you say the same if you felt happy with somebody who just is with you because you have money? Are a celebrity? or in any other way 'helpful?'

I have no more likes so..❤️

Dense, lol. But that's why he infuriates me so. Especially as you point out he's had a couple of years to figure this out. But then, that's just it... Trust. 

Can one trust a drug addict?

Exactly! Also, Colt needs to re-evaluate his lust/ love argument. It's a lot about the sex but that's not all there is. In their downtime, even the last chapter, these wolves do things and take care of each othe and Colt in a way that's absolutely not obligatory or forced. Plus love and lust are a pair. 

You know JAR is going to dismantle these good feelings right! Lol. 

Yep, I'm going rip them into pieces in book 7 ... might be nobody will read it, though ...

JAR

He'll just let us get our hopes up only to bring us down...

As said above.

Btw apologies for the late replies. Was with friends dealing with my recent upheavals ...

JAR

Would you say the same if you felt happy with somebody who just is with you because you have money? Are a celebrity? or in any other way 'helpful?'

Can one trust a drug addict?

Yep, I'm going rip them into pieces in book 7 ... might be nobody will read it, though ...

JAR

As said above.

Btw apologies for the late replies. Was with friends dealing with my recent upheavals ...

JAR

You come first, hope you're feeling refreshed, rejuvenated!! 

1: it's not for everyone, money, celebrity, but sure it could work. I would have to assume that the relationship would be mutually beneficial and respectful. Those involved know what they are entering into and live within the parameters of what works best for them. A happy medium. 

2: lack of trust is a concern in any relationship. This drug scent codependency is not new. Even if Colt is just now accepting that, I still say he needs to adjust his expectations and be realistic. In the years they've been together, there has been nothing to show that the wolves don't care fo him. Drug induced or not, they need the Meta just as much as he needs them. Short of exiling himself, which we all know how that turned out, or his thoughts of suicide as an out, Colt needs to see what's in front of him.  That's what he needs to trust, the things he can see, and what he knows for sure. He knows the deal, so he needs to make the best of a damn good situation. 

3: Love can spring from the most unlikely of circumstances. I will not be entirely convinced it's not in the cards, just yet. I so know I'm setting myself up.... I don't imagine anyone will stop reading no matter what. 

• Like 2

I'm so glad I'm not the only one to think Colt is being an idiot. :yes:

You should have see the yelling and ranting and frothing-at-the-mouth I did while editing ch 8 and 9. :pissed: 

I almost felt sorry for poor JAR afterwards. :pinch:

• Like 1

You come first, hope you're feeling refreshed, rejuvenated!! 

1: it's not for everyone, money, celebrity, but sure it could work. I would have to assume that the relationship would be mutually beneficial and respectful. Those involved know what they are entering into and live within the parameters of what works best for them. A happy medium. 

2: lack of trust is a concern in any relationship. This drug scent codependency is not new. Even if Colt is just now accepting that, I still say he needs to adjust his expectations and be realistic. In the years they've been together, there has been nothing to show that the wolves don't care fo him. Drug induced or not, they need the Meta just as much as he needs them. Short of exiling himself, which we all know how that turned out, or his thoughts of suicide as an out, Colt needs to see what's in front of him.  That's what he needs to trust, the things he can see, and what he knows for sure. He knows the deal, so he needs to make the best of a damn good situation. 

3: Love can spring from the most unlikely of circumstances. I will not be entirely convinced it's not in the cards, just yet. I so know I'm setting myself up.... I don't imagine anyone will stop reading no matter what. 

Let's see whether you'll approve of his dealing with it in the next chapter.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one to think Colt is being an idiot. :yes:

You should have see the yelling and ranting and frothing-at-the-mouth I did while editing ch 8 and 9. :pissed:

I almost felt sorry for poor JAR afterwards. :pinch:

You're harmless.. Me on the other hand will be a danger to the wellbeing of Denmark if I don't see soon another Rob chapter ;-).

The timing of this article in my inbox... Touches on mostly what we talk about here, so I thought I'd share. 

http://www.brainpickings.org/2015/06/29/pathways-to-bliss-joseph-campbell-marriage-relationships/?mc_cid=2e1e781938&mc_eid=e5b5edcbd8

THAT IS NOT ALLOWED: Using Jung AGAINST me. That's not covered be the MetaContracts!

Could it be I'm the only romantic in this forum (screech!)

He, he! Out of all the middle aged women in here projecting like crazy, you are the most romantic! I believe I told you...

So obviously I am posting on the wrong website then.

I wanted to reach the non-romantic, young aged men ... what website would that be?

Oh no! And here I thought I would never have an original idea ever when it came to this Internet thingy... Maybe I should register the site! Then I only have to fill it with content. Anyone "up" for assisting me?

Oh no! And here I thought I would never have an original idea ever when it came to this Internet thingy... Maybe I should register the site! Then I only have to fill it with content. Anyone "up" for assisting me?

it's a pleonasm anyway ;-)

And more vetting

5a1e240a5285aafaa19302550e0813f4.jpg

I just want to clean him up and get him all dirty again :P

THAT IS NOT ALLOWED: Using Jung AGAINST me. That's not covered be the MetaContracts!

Could it be I'm the only romantic in this forum (screech!)

Did you just screech??  :lol:

• Like 3