Flattery will get you everywhere...

Sex or inappropriate behavior rarely embarrass me. Maybe too seldom. I realise too late that joking about the lickability of Tom Daley or gagballs at work is not a good thing... Somehow, they seem to like their weird boss. I try to even things out by going all CE on people who "threaten" them.

Why can't I edit my reviews?

Why?!?!?!

Just noticed a BIG typo (Meta -> Meat, lol) on chapter 7 and realised the why (maybe?).

The reason Simon knows about Leo's purity requirements was because the Shaman told him about it? To get him to advise his Alpha to chalenge Prime, so Prime / Colt had a powerful pack to aid them whem the big fight againts the vampires happens ?

Don't know, but seams plausible given all the little "nudges" Betsy has given in they're past...

• Like 1

Why can't I edit my reviews?

Why?!?!?!

Just noticed a BIG typo (Meta -> Meat, lol) on chapter 7 and realised the why (maybe?).

The reason Simon knows about Leo's purity requirements was because the Shaman told him about it? To get him to advise his Alpha to chalenge Prime, so Prime / Colt had a powerful pack to aid them whem the big fight againts the vampires happens ?

Don't know, but seams plausible given all the little "nudges" Betsy has given in they're past...

Not sure how Colt is going to take it when women start referring to him as "meat." We'll see ;-).

Actually, I haven't thought yet how Simon new about the purity aspect. I thought a beta of his seniority would know. But of course Betsy or one of her friends could have been behind it. Or MaryAnn, hoping Prime would lose the challenge, weakening the pack with Colt.

Who knows?

Haven't heard from you for a while ... everything ok?

JAR

Yeh, been working late, not much energy to write. Always was more of a listener then a talker :)

Althogh, I will try to be more participative in the future, maybe go back and review past chapters? Maybe it's because I read everything (that's been published) older chapters change meaning to me.

Do you believe I never thougth Colt was mean, just playfull, until Isaac said it?

Equi

Do you believe I never thougth Colt was mean, just playfull, until Isaac said it?

Isaac said Colt is mean?

Perhaps Equi is thinking of this Exchange in ch 7:

Leo smiled. “I see. Marrying a real doctor?”

“Forget ‘marrying,’” Isaac whispered conspiratorially.

“Why?” Leo stage-whispered so everyone could hear it.

“They chain and cage you …,” Isaac responded in the same style.

---

“But isn’t that cruelty against animals?” Leo tried to be shocked.

“Wait until you get it up your ass … then you’ll know what ‘cruel’ means,” Isaac responded unusually frank.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

Although Isaac was joking... :unsure:

Hey all,

I was talking about chapter 14, book 2. Isaak "monologue" / thoughts:

But with his new fellow marines he didn’t have that rapport yet; he couldn’t share yet that he was desperate to lose his virginity to a mean man who commanded four wolf shifters with a quiet voice and a steel-like determination.

Equi

I don't see Colt as mean. He's guarded and can probably seem cold at times, but not mean. This was also quite early on, when he was still learning how to assert himself over the wolves, without being Alpha or even wolf. Isaac seems to have changed his tune now, in view of him refusing to believe Leo's theory.

I was talking to JAR about shifter books and read the Kendall McKenna book "Strength of the Pack". He asked me if I could post my thoughts here so here they are :*)

I finished the first McKenna book. I just could not put it down over the weekend. The world she created, where shifters were an integrated part of society who have played a part in the world's history, was intriguing and the idea of dominance over a normally dominant wolf shifter is fascinating to read.

You liked it too? JAR recommended it before and now I seem to have confirmation! I really need to get that book. Would be great for vacation.

It was a really well written book and a really interesting premise. Shifters in this book aren't a secret. They are a vital part of the world and have careers, etc.

It was a really well written book and a really interesting premise. Shifters in this book aren't a secret. They are a vital part of the world and have careers, etc.

I can imagine a few professions where wolves could be really useful. They're all pretty much right up JAR's alley... ;)

Edited by Puppilull

I can imagine a few professions where wolves could be really useful. They're all pretty much right up JAR's alley... ;)

:lol: yes well the wolves in this book are in the armed forces: navy/marines, Air Force, etc. They're soldiers, doctors, pilots, etc. Given his not so secret admiration for marines I can see the appeal for JAR haha

Edited by LitLover

Since it's equally no secret I really, really like the Meta series, I probably have some deep rooted admiration for men in uniform too...

He, he, my secret plan for world domination has been set into motion ;-)

@ puppilull: do you have a kindle app on your pad?

Edited by JohnAR

I don't see Colt as mean. He's guarded and can probably seem cold at times, but not mean. This was also quite early on, when he was still learning how to assert himself over the wolves, without being Alpha or even wolf. Isaac seems to have changed his tune now, in view of him refusing to believe Leo's theory.

Maybe "mean" is not the right word... Colt has changed since the beginging of this story (what else can be expected!), when he had sex for the first time(s) with Prime, prime had to run away, not because Colt's roommate was getting back, but because Colt wanted to "play" with Prime's dick (I rember something about finaly beeing able to do it?), but that wouldn't be "propper" for a Meta...

Colt adapted, and I feel that, while Colt lets his fantasies run wild, it is still outside his natural "environment", and sometimes he goes beyond what he intended... although, he will never think about it, while in the presence of his wolves, they wouldn't like it...

CHanging subjects, JAR, did you choose the name "Meta" because it's a simple anagram for "Mate" ???

Equi

Hey LitLover!

Shifters that aren't a sercret?!?!

That raises some questions... We (mankind) have treated some people (different skin colour, different religion, different gender, different tribe, any reason, realy) like sub humans... You've just sold me on taking a chance on these books, I wonder how shifter / non shifter relate!

Reguards, Equi

Colt adapted, and I feel that, while Colt lets his fantasies run wild, it is still outside his natural "environment", and sometimes he goes beyond what he intended... although, he will never think about it, while in the presence of his wolves, they wouldn't like it...

CHanging subjects, JAR, did you choose the name "Meta" because it's a simple anagram for "Mate" ???

Equi

Colt is definitely high on his power trip, but the wolves being just that, wolves, don't mind. In fact, they probably expect it. And in some cases really, really like it. Colt gets to fulfil all of his naughty fantasies and as long as he feels the wolves are happy, he's happy.

• Like 1

Maybe "mean" is not the right word... Colt has changed since the beginging of this story (what else can be expected!), when he had sex for the first time(s) with Prime, prime had to run away, not because Colt's roommate was getting back, but because Colt wanted to "play" with Prime's dick (I rember something about finaly beeing able to do it?), but that wouldn't be "propper" for a Meta...

Equi

Equi,

Not sure i follow your thoughts completely. Prime 'ran' away because he had keep himself pure for the bonding; and Colt only wanted to do it because of wrong obligations anyway ...so I'm not sure how it fits into 'mean.'

Meta/Mate is a coincidence - though a sweat one given the trope in M/M stories. The real intent was to insinuate 'transcending hierarchy, outside of normal order' ... and it sounded kind of mysterious (Metaphysics) which helped as well.

JAR

Colt is definitely high on his power trip, but the wolves being just that, wolves, don't mind. In fact, they probably expect it. And in some cases really, really like it. Colt gets to fulfil all of his naughty fantasies and as long as he feels the wolves are happy, he's happy.

Given wolves are hierarchical, a higher ranking wolf tripping on power is nothing unusual for them - and actually being part of the hierarchy. What is a superior wolf without the love for power: a lower ranking wolf. The only wolf in a bind is Prime ... 

JAR