Ha, ha! That's so true. Morten Harket is the only remotely hot Norwegian guy I know of. And one guy who works for their Competition Authority...

Oh, I always had fun at the Oslo airport. All those young conscripts making their connections; hunky Vikings with cute faces and boots ... and they are always so chirpy.

Your indiscriminate nature is well known. You can have those freaky health freaks.

Who are you referring to?

Tim, the equal opportunities guy!

It's that chirpyness that puts me off. But we have an established difference in appreciation of innocence.

@ Tim: Seems Sweden forgoes on Norway; it's all yours ;-).

Sorry, I got distracted by chapter 9. This made me laugh. :heart:

Yeah, Danmark does tend to prefer Norway, http://satwcomic.com/favorite-friends

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

You can't handle the excellence that is Sweden! How many times have you won Eurovision? (Melodi grand prix)

He,he.

Oh yea. H&M, IKEA and Systembolaget ... the beacons of Swedish excellence (You were asking for it).

Ooops, I know Systembolaget, does this mean I outed myself??

No, you don't live in Sweden for any period of time and don't know Systembolaget. Unless you're Mormon. And I'm guessing no.

HM and IKEA. Two very successful companies. Am I supposed to feel embarrassed?

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 1

No, you don't live in Sweden for any period of time and don't know Systembolaget. Unless you're Mormon. And I'm guessing no.

HM and IKEA. Two very successful companies. Am I supposed to feel embarrassed?

Btw the Easter Egg isn't hinted at in the prompt ... but nicely tugged away in book 7. I had fun with it ... ;-)

So anyone thought about why I chose Starship Troopers?

Even though I'm somewhat of a Trekkie and really like movies set in space, I haven't seen that one. So unfortunately, I don't have any amusing theories. I like the idea of punishment though.

Edited by Puppilull

Even though I'm somewhat of a Trekkie and really like movies set in space, I haven't seen that one. So unfortunately, I don't have any amusing theories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers_(film)

The book is indeed better, despite the obvious ironical treatment in the movie.

Damn. Why do I put hints into my stories if nobody picks up on them  :,(

The book is indeed better, despite the obvious ironical treatment in the movie.

Damn. Why do I put hints into my stories if nobody picks up on them  :,(

I agree about Starship Troopers -

and the scene with the main character tied up with a naked torso stayed with me for a while too :*)  - even if the reason was he was getting whipped.

But I have to admit I didn't see any hints other than the ones about Colt's sexual preferences.

Except perhaps the concept of a central brain controlling the aliens (= vampires).

Perls ??

Perle is Danish for pearl. Is this the same in Swedish?

At kaste perler for svin

Yes, we say pärla (a pearl). Pärlor för svin is what I was trying to say. At midnight after a lot of wine...

In a bar, on my small American phone ... an 'a' can get missing ... though it wasn't for eye candy distraction, unfortunately.

I agree about Starship Troopers -

and the scene with the main character tied up with a naked torso stayed with me for a while too :*)  - even if the reason was he was getting whipped.

But I have to admit I didn't see any hints other than the ones about Colt's sexual preferences.

Except perhaps the concept of a central brain controlling the aliens (= vampires).

Giggle. Giggle. My master plan worked. :P  Good that nobody knows ...

Fink,huh? I immediately saw this guy in my mind. But according to JAR, he's probably more like Colt.

Actually, my first instinct was to call him Flick ... :gikkle:

Herr Flick...? Then I prefer Frink the nerd...

If you give a hint that nobody gets, has that hint actually been given?

Given that eventually everything will be revealed and people then might figure out the plethora of hints, I would say yes. What would be the fun of a hint that everyone gets immediately? Could we really call that a 'hint?'

Edited by JohnAR