Thanks for the mass comments on the ideas I posted. It's really nice to know which were already on the radar. So what if we like a little fun with our pack... They all need fun after all when they have a lot of hardship going on and in their future!

I read both the Prompt and MetaDeaths chapters and really liked em.

As I was reading Abel I was curious if it was partially inspired by my list and then saw your nice forum response to my proposed prompts. Its nice to know things we can look forward to. It hadn't occured to me that Will could have had any part in causing CE basically being pushed out of the pack. Let alone him 'assisting Betty'. BTW is that a typo for Betsy or just an Alias? The chapter definitely gave us a lot more insight into Will's character as a jealous younger brother who really wanted what he thought 'came easy' to his older brother. Then to have "Betty" throw out the you will betray your brother two times and he will kill you for the second betrayal prophecy. Looking at that I would think the First Betrayal is what just happened in Abel, the second betrayal I don't think has happened yet as I don't see anything in the taking over of Mt. Patterson pack that would constitute the second. So I guess that is going to be in Book 6 which is where you had previously said Will will show up again.

With MetaDeaths 2 again really liked the chapter. It now definitely tells me this is a 'visions' deal going for Juno and these first 2 chapters. As I said before I initially thought this was a vision of what the timeline would have been if he had 'chosen differently' back at his 13th birthday party. BUT that thought is now out the window. My reasoning for that is because previously MaryAnn made it sound like she was at his party when that choice was made and yet in this 'vision' after he got out of the orifice and was in the hotel MaryAnn met him for the 'first time'. So it feels that instead of visions of that being the 'true alternate future' it is MaryAnn weaving the story using 'what could have been' and pulling people of significance from his real past to try and trick his mind. She really doesn't want Colt being on the side of the wolves for some reason other than him being the Super Wolf Steroid Sperm Donor! Even though this has all been visions of sorts I still hate seeing not only Prime but now CE's prepresented 'avatar' killed off. Sam being tattoo covered I must say was intriguing... In a way I want to see what those tattoos were other than celtic designs. Sam being the Top for their odd relations with Colt Super Vamp really shows that MaryAnn's personal beliefs from Meta Book 1 still hold true that she thinks he should be the one on the bottom. That said though about the Top/Bottom relationship with the pack I do think especially after rereading Meta Book 1 Chapter 2 that Colt would be open to Experimenting and seeing if his dislike for performing oral and being on the bottom. But he would only do that with his wolves IF it wouldn't break the entire pack submission side of the rules. Maybe after the scent addiction breaks the rules would evolve. They didn't explicitly say that the wolves had to be purely bottom after all just that they thought gay packs would/should show submission by not having their cocks ever get activity.

• Like 1

Maybe you hoped JAR would answer, but I'll take the chance and join the party!

Since Betsy isn't wolf (as far as I know) and not tall or voluptuous, I don't believe Betty is another alias but someone else. Another owl lady (love that expression!)? Also, she was Luke's mistress ten years before the challenge, for six months. Then it ended. CE left at 18 and he's not 28-30 right now. Then who is Betty? Beats me... LOL

As for Colt bottoming... I just don't see it. Eventually, it might not be against the rules of the pack, but I don't think that will make a difference. Maybe the wolves who are a bit sweet on each other will be allowed to act on there feelings, but only if their Meta says so. Addiction or not, I'm staying put in my 'It must be true love!' corner, meaning they won't go behind his back ( ;) ) but will remain faithful. So there!

I think your theory about MaryAnn is right.

• Like 1

Since Betsy isn't wolf (as far as I know) and not tall or voluptuous, I don't believe Betty is another alias but someone else. Another owl lady (love that expression!)? Also, she was Luke's mistress ten years before the challenge, for six months. Then it ended. CE left at 18 and he's not 28-30 right now. Then who is Betty? Beats me... LOL

As for Colt bottoming... I just don't see it. Eventually, it might not be against the rules of the pack, but I don't think that will make a difference. Maybe the wolves who are a bit sweet on each other will be allowed to act on there feelings, but only if their Meta says so. Addiction or not, I'm staying put in my 'It must be true love!' corner, meaning they won't go behind his back ( ;) ) but will remain faithful. So there!

I think your theory about MaryAnn is right.

I was hoping somebody would emply MicroSoft Planner and do a full MetaCalendar ... how old do you think CE is? ;-)

I was hoping somebody would emply MicroSoft Planner and do a full MetaCalendar ... how old do you think CE is? ;-)

Well.... As I'm doing this typo and cataloging read through I was thinking of trying to timeline things lol.

And Puppilull you're right Betty is wolf that had slipped my mind when I was writing that up. So yeah maybe she is one of the 'owl women'....

• Like 1

I thought of something a bit odd about the Pack...

Off hand I don't remember any celebration of anyones Birthdays(not even Alpha or Meta) or any significant Pack Days(Day the Pack was founded, Day they were first Bonded, Day they became a complete Inner Circle). Also is it important to a wolf shifter the date of their first shift?

Yes these could make for a good prompt moment here and there. :read:

Oh and I've gotten some rough ages put together...

At the Start of Meta their ages are roughly as follows.

• Colt is 21, Prime is 26, CE is 25ish, Brian is 20, Sam is 20, Isaac is 20ish, Warren is 19ish, Leo is 16ish
  • Seb is 16, Gavin is 14-15.
  • Ed is 3, Will is 24ish,

Logic to obtain those ages.

• Prime is 10 years older than Seb.
    • Seb is 17 duing the Summer of MetaOrigins.
    • Seb was barely 8 when Prime was exiled.
    • Prime was barely 10 when Seb was born.
    • Seb is either June or May birth. Prime is probably March, April or May birth.
  • CE is one year older than Will.
    • Betsy had a 6 month affair with Luke 10 years before the Challenge.
    • CE has to be 1 year younger than Prime.
  • Brian is to young to drink during Meta but was old enough during the Fall of Origins.
  • Sam and Isaac are old enough to drink in the Fall of Origins.
  • Leo is in Seb's freshman college class so roughly same age.
  • Ed is 5 at the time of ShadowLands.
  • Warren is 21ish at the time of the Challenge if I remember right I have to double check this.
  • Gavin is not yet 18 at the time of the Challenge.
Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 4

Now I'm convinced that this is an attempt from MaryAnn to influence Colt to join the vamp side. The actions taken by Colt as a vamp could be believable, if it were not for the encounter with Samuel. Colt might kill if needed, but there is no way in hell he'd suddenly start to bottom. Seems MaryAnn is as confused as some other women (☺) regarding the intricacies of male sexuality. Even if Colt at some point in his life had been curious or inclined towards versatility, my guess is this was squashed by Adam. I didn't like the sound of that bottle...

So, big mistake, MaryAnn. Huge!

I agree. There is no way that Colt would suddenly want to bottom...especially if something really bad happened with that guy Adam on his 13th birthday. You would have thought that MaryAnn would have realized that after shadowing Prime for so long.

This is the kind of obsessive fellow reader I very much appreciate. Love your statistics summary! Wow!

I love the stats summary too...I had most of the ages in my head, but it was nice to have someone else show some hard reasoning for those numbers.

In the Owls prompt CE also sees a picture of the shaman that Brian wants to go and see and recognizes her as someone who had an affair with his Alpha, Luke...and CE left when he was 18, before the affair with the "part vampire shaman" would have happened. The shaman they went to see was Betsy. No mention of her not being the same shaman in the picture that CE was shown. Did Luke have more than one affair and only get caught once? It sounded like he only had one affair, so why does everyone think he had an affair with Betty?

• Like 1

In the Owls prompt CE also sees a picture of the shaman that Brian wants to go and see and recognizes her as someone who had an affair with his Alpha, Luke...and CE left when he was 18, before the affair with the "part vampire shaman" would have happened. The shaman they went to see was Betsy. No mention of her not being the same shaman in the picture that CE was shown. Did Luke have more than one affair and only get caught once? It sounded like he only had one affair, so why does everyone think he had an affair with Betty?

I think that's the 'crux' of the question: CE had met the Shaman Betsy twice (once before and once with Colt) and seen her picture in the zoo but never recognized her as the shaman who was with Mt. Patterson pack having an affair with his alpha.

Why?

JAR

I think that's the 'crux' of the question: CE had met the Shaman Betsy twice (once before and once with Colt) and seen her picture in the zoo but never recognized her as the shaman who was with Mt. Patterson pack having an affair with his alpha.

Why?

JAR

In the prompt CE said:

“My old Alpha once had an affair with a woman I think – she looks similar – but I could be mistaken,” CE wanted to close the painful topic as fast as possible.

1.  How did CE know about the affair if he left when he was 18 and the affair happened 10 years before the alpha challenge?  

2.  Luke said his affair was with a half vampire shaman, not a half werewolf shaman.

3.  If the woman looks similar to the woman in the picture and we're wrong about the timelines..is it possible that Betty and Betsy are siblings?  One half vampire sister and one half werewolf sister?  

4.  How many shaman women are out there that look alike?  They seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.  

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 1

In the prompt CE said:

1.  How did CE know about the affair if he left when he was 18 and the affair happened 10 years before the alpha challenge?  

2.  Luke said his affair was with a half vampire shaman, not a half werewolf shaman.

3.  If the woman looks similar to the woman in the picture and we're wrong about the timelines..is it possible that Betty and Betsy are siblings?  One half vampire sister and one half werewolf sister?  

4.  How many shaman women are out there that look alike?  They seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.  

I so need a time line ;-)

Quote from Metashadowlands:

“Hi, dad. Great you could make it,” the big man said looking at his father. Stan hadn’t actually changed over the past 10 years since he had left his parents.

Ok, so in MSL CE was 28 and could have met the woman who Luke had the affair with.  That still doesn't answer the question about why Betty is a wolf shifter and Luke's affair was with a half vampire.  I say siblings of a sort...I am also thinking back on the prompt "Back"  Colt wants to study Greek and Sanskrit.  Could that be tied to Fate and who Betty/Betsy/the Owl women are?    

• Like 2

Quote from Metashadowlands:

Ok, so in MSL CE was 28 and could have met the woman who Luke had the affair with.  That still doesn't answer the question about why Betty is a wolf shifter and Luke's affair was with a half vampire.  I say siblings of a sort...I am also thinking back on the prompt "Back"  Colt wants to study Greek and Sanskrit.  Could that be tied to Fate and who Betty/Betsy/the Owl women are?    

O my dear, I feel like in the crossexaminer's chair ... can I plead the 5th?

That Greek and Sanskrit have bothered me from the start. Pity I don't know why...

And Betty and Betsy don't look the same. Tall and blond vs. petite. Hair colour can be changed, but not stature.

We are talking about a story where men who turn into huge hairy beasts at will ... so ...

(desperately trying to weasel myself out)

Edited by JohnAR

That Greek and Sanskrit have bothered me from the start. Pity I don't know why...

And Betty and Betsy don't look the same. Tall and blond vs. petite. Hair colour can be changed, but not stature.

See that's what is bothering me.  Tall and blond vs. petite.  Why does CE think they look the same?  He is looking at a picture though...it could just be a headshot so stature might not be apparent.  How many shamans were hanging around this pack at the same time though?

Also one is a wolf and the other part vampire.  When we meet Betsy she says that the wolves smell her human side...not wolf.  

See that's what is bothering me.  Tall and blond vs. petite.  Why does CE think they look the same?  He is looking at a picture though...it could just be a headshot so stature might not be apparent.  How many shamans were hanging around this pack at the same time though?

Also one is a wolf and the other part vampire.  When we meet Betsy she says that the wolves smell her human side...not wolf.  

Are we really assuming everyone says the truth all the time in Meta?