Well I mean its the 5th book its about time you had a proper fandom name....

Tim you write things so shouldn't you be the first to jump up and down to throw out a Verse or two... :funny::devil::music:B)

I so agree!!! A Tim poem for Brian!

I may have Brian's and Sam's age wrong going off memory as I was creating the logic.

So more logic analytical work here..

• Brian
    • Brian Graduates in ShadowLands with Prime and CE. So he was a Sophmore at the start of Meta. One typically graduates at 22.
    • Brian was homeless and on the move after being kicked out of SLC pack for an unknown amount of time. I don't recall learning how old Brian was when he was kicked out.
    • Brian was taking classes we assume online after he joined Prime's pack. Maybe this was to finish High School if he was kicked out before graduating.
    • We do not know how long Brian was with Prime's pack before they started Meta hunting.
    • Brian was with Prime's pack for at least 18 months before they found Colt.
    • During Origins Fall Break at the bar "Brian’s and Sam’s were not completely legit IDs". Lets assume Brian is ALMOST 21 be it weeks or a month or two.
  • Sam
    • Sam while an Omega of the Golden Chestnut Tree Pack was allowed to go to college. One would assume right after graduating High School.
    • People graduating High School are 17, 18 or 19. If 17 their birthday is typically no later than the end of September.
    • Sam is a Freshman in College during Meta.
    • In MetaBattles he is still in school but this should be his Senior Year.
    • During Origins Fall Break at the bar "Brian’s and Sam’s were not completely legit IDs"

So at the Start of Meta

Sam should be 17,18 or 19. Making him 18,19 or 20 for the Fall Break during Origins.

Brian was probably 19 almost 20 at the start of Meta.

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 3

I may have Brian's and Sam's age wrong going off memory as I was creating the logic.

So more logic analytical work here..

• Brian
    • Brian Graduates in ShadowLands with Prime and CE. So he was a Sophmore at the start of Meta. One typically graduates at 22.
    • Brian was homeless and on the move after being kicked out of SLC pack for an unknown amount of time. I don't recall learning how old Brian was when he was kicked out.
    • Brian was taking classes we assume online after he joined Prime's pack. Maybe this was to finish High School if he was kicked out before graduating.
    • We do not know how long Brian was with Prime's pack before they started Meta hunting.
    • Brian was with Prime's pack for at least 18 months before they found Colt.
    • During Origins Fall Break at the bar "Brian’s and Sam’s were not completely legit IDs". Lets assume Brian is ALMOST 21 be it weeks or a month or two.
  • Sam
    • Sam while an Omega of the Golden Chestnut Tree Pack was allowed to go to college. One would assume right after graduating High School.
    • People graduating High School are 17, 18 or 19. If 17 their birthday is typically no later than the end of September.
    • Sam is a Freshman in College during Meta.
    • In MetaBattles he is still in school but this should be his Senior Year.
    • During Origins Fall Break at the bar "Brian’s and Sam’s were not completely legit IDs"

So at the Start of Meta

Sam should be 17,18 or 19. Making him 18,19 or 20 for the Fall Break during Origins.

Brian was probably 19 almost 20 at the start of Meta.

Damn I better not start contradicting myself .... TIM! Pls help! Everything will be analysed to the last number.

• Like 3

A couple other Shifter stories I've read.

Jake's Inner Wolf by Kevin D http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/sf-fantasy/jakes-inner-wolf/

Your Alpha My Mate series by Wolfwriter https://www.gayauthors.org/author/wolfwriter

Born Wolf by Sasha Distan - https://www.gayauthors.org/story/sasha-distan/bornwolf

For any who haven't read Rob Colton's Timer Pack Chronicles here is a link. https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/list/?filtertype_6=series&filtervalue_6=77119001bdd8a74d7f51b1865efb9f39

Could I ask a favor of you all... Could you assist me in cataloguing the Events of the MetaVerse?

Be it here in the thread or in a private message...

Each Year is Spring to Winter.

Year 1 is the Spring/Summer before and the Fall/Winter of Meta 1.

Year 2 is Meta Spring and Origins Summer/Fall/Winter

Year 3 is Origins Spring and ShadowLands Summer/Fall/Winter

Year 4 is ShadowLands Spring and Battles Summer/Fall/Winter - There is some crossover between ShadowLands/Battles and i don't recall if ShadowLands ends in Spring or Summer.

Year 5 is Battles Spring and Deaths Spring crossing over since the battle is in April.

Based on Owls, I have drawn the conclusion that Brian was younger than 18 (since Prime saved him from hunger, which could mean he couldn't get a job being too young). To be kicked out for being gay, Brian must have been at least mid teen. Otherwise, I doubt he would have the guts to go public or act on his desires given his conservative environment. So maybe he was 15-16?

So a certain Author cried out for help as everything will be examined to the nth degree.... well.... yeah...

Found the exact quote... in Meta Chapter 7 "I was born into a wolf family in Utah, man. I was kicked out when I was 17. I was a stray wolf for nearly 2 years. Nearly died of hunger several times before I was picked up by Prime"

But this creates a problem...

• If Brian was a stray for nearly 2 years... he would be 19 or almost 19 when he meets Prime.
  • Brian is not quite old enough to drink in Fall of Meta Origins.
  • It wasn't until after Brian joined Pack and they realized something was 'missing' that Brian looked up the Shaman and they went to her. They then spent 18 months looking for a Meta.
    • Now I assume those 18 months ended when they found Colt's scent in San Francisco... But was that 18 month period over in December when they bonded instead of over 5-6 months earlier during the Summer?
  • Brian is 17 almost 18 at the start of Fall two years before Meta. That would be Colt's Freshman Year of College. It isn't possible for Brian to be both a stray for almost 2 years and spend a year and a half with the pack searching for a Meta.

• If Brian was thrown out shortly after he turned 17 in Late Fall of the previous year (Colt's Senior Year of High School) and we use a Summer(San Fran) date for the end of the 18 month search for a Meta. This creates Option 1.
    • Late Fall/Early Winter of Year -3 Brian turns 17 and is kicked out of the SLC Pack becoming a stray. About halfway through his Junior Year of Highschool.
    • Brian joins the pack sometime before the Winter of Year -2. Having been a stray for at most a year.
    • Winter of Year -2 the pack learns from Betsy(Shaman) about them needing a Meta
    • Summer of Year 1(Meta) the 18 month search ends for a Meta.
  • If Brian was thrown out shortly after he turned 17 in Late Fall of the previous year (Colt's Senior Year of High School) and we use a Winter(Bonding) date for the end of the 18 month search for a Meta. This creates Option 2.
    • Late Fall/Early Winter of Year -3 Brian turns 17 and is kicked out of the SLC Pack becoming a stray.
    • Brian joins the pack sometime before the Summer of Year -1. Having been a stray for at most a year and a half.
    • Summer of Year -1 the pack learns from Betsy(Shaman) about them needing a Meta
    • Winter of Year 1(Meta) the 18 month search ends for a Meta.

• We also have Schooling to think about. Brian is a Sophmore(Year 2 of College) in Meta. So he would have been doing online classes in Year -1 as would CE and Prime.
  • With being kicked out of his pack at 17 Brian never finished High School so he would have had to finish it or get a GED once he joined the pack.
  • By having a Late Fall birthday unless he was kicked out of his pack in July/Aug/Sep while he was 17 he never finished his Junior Year(Year 11) of High School. So he would have a Year and a Half of material to learn and test out of before he could get into any online College.
    • So Fall of Year -1 Brian MUST be taking college cources. It takes time to get into a college at least a single season so he applied by the start of Summer to start that Fall.
    • Brian Must have passed his GED or some equivalent online High School by the end of Spring of Year -1. Even as a Beta he would have needed at least 3 to 6 months to learn everything he never learned his Junior and Senior year of High School(Pre Calc, Calculus 1, Physics, Biology/Chemistry depending on the school).
      • Brian has to have joined Prime's pack absolutely no later than the start of Winter of Year -2. He can only have been a stray for at absolute maximum of 1 year and 1-2 months.
        • So Option 2 has him not joining the pack until sometime before Summer of Year -1.  Which works for his nearly 2 years a stray but doesn't work for his schooling. So this one doesn't work.
        • Option 1 has him joining the pack by Winter of Year -2. This matches up with his schooling timeline but not his nearly 2 years a stray.
          • So we have a slight problem with Brian saying he was a stray for nearly 2 years... it would have been only 1 year if my logic is correct.
Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 2

Maybe he's so hungry it felt like two years? That wolf appetite and all... LOL

Just kidding! That's impressive and even though I can't possibly manage such a thorough fact check like you, I do think Brian had to be younger than 17 when being kicked out.

So a certain Author cried out for help as everything will be examined to the nth degree.... well.... yeah..

So we have a slight problem with Brian saying he was a stray for nearly 2 years... it would have been only 1 year if my logic is correct.

That's impressive and even though I can't possibly manage such a thorough fact check like you, I do think Brian had to be younger than 17 when being kicked out.

Or JAR can simply go back to the chapter in question and edit it to have Brian say:

"I was born into a wolf family in Utah, man. I was kicked out when I was almost 17. I was a stray wolf for nearly a whole year. Nearly died of hunger several times before I was picked up by Prime."

Would this solve the problem, oh Master of Numbers and Logic? :worship:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Or JAR can simply go back to the chapter in question and edit it to have Brian say:

"I was born into a wolf family in Utah, man. I was kicked out when I was almost 17. I was a stray wolf for nearly a whole year. Nearly died of hunger several times before I was picked up by Prime."

Would this solve the problem, oh Master of Numbers and Logic? :worship:

Maybe he's so hungry it felt like two years? That wolf appetite and all... LOL

Just kidding! That's impressive and even though I can't possibly manage such a thorough fact check like you, I do think Brian had to be younger than 17 when being kicked out.

Even if its 16 it doesn't really work to well. The issue isn't really his age its the amount of schooling he would have to then learn.

Now lets assume he is kicked out after the end of his Sophmore Year of HS so he is 16. Since he is Beta material I would assume he has been in the 'advanced' side of his school's math program.

• So he has completed Algebra 1, Algebra 2 and Geometry. He still has to do Pre Calc(Trig) and Calc 1(derivatives).
  • He has probably completed all the 'most take' Social Studies/History cources and is on his school's electives there so no problem.
  • For Science he has completed either Biology or Chemistry but not the other or Physics.
  • English wise really doesn't matter.
  • This will add 4 to 5 months onto the timeline. With Option 1 that gives him a 1.25 to 1.333 Years a stray.
    • If we go any earlier then he is losing at least 2 months must know History information, Algebra 2 and Chemistry/Bio. Tacking on at least an extra month or two of learning before he can get his High School Degree.

But yes editing such lines would 'solve' the numbers issues. Its really the 2 years a stray that is mucking things up. Unless there is a strong reason for that none of us know (we haven't seen any flashbacks to that time period or prompts). It would also help to know of OWLS was Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter. The way I wroked it out it is either Early Summer or Early Winter but its San Diego so there seasons are Warm and Hot.

Now WHO was it asking for someone to make a Calandar/Timeline of events.... It surely wasn't ME.

Anyone remember WHERE Brian met up witht he pack? For some reason I think Colorado...

Edited by PkCrichton