The phrase "Be careful what you wish for" comes to mind :)

1.333 years of straying... Yeah, I can totally see Brian slip that into casual conversation. Ha, ha!

I just didn't feel like saying year and a quarter, year and a third so i used numbers.... ya vulchers!

• Like 1

Vultures? You think this is bad...? This is nothing! LOL

Welcome to the MetaVerse! Where anything you say can be held against you for humorous effect! And frequently is.

There have been so many wild, weird and stupid theories in here, many by me. It's time the ranting took on a more scientific approach!

And all of this to make sense of a weird and twisted world where we suspend disbelief about the existence of vampires and werewolves but worry the timeline doesn't quite jive. Your dedication to the cause is beyond me, more power to ya. I propose this is just a distorted dream brought on by smoking wolfsbane.

• Like 2

And all of this to make sense of a weird and twisted world where we suspend disbelief about the existence of vampires and werewolves but worry the timeline doesn't quite jive. Your dedication to the cause is beyond me, more power to ya. I propose this is just a distorted dream brought on by smoking wolfsbane.

Someone seems to think MaryAnn's Super Vamp Colt reality is the real reality...

And yes in any 'reality' timelines need to make sense. Just look at the mess DC comics is in because it refuses to actually have Continuity!

Edited by PkCrichton

Someone seems to think MaryAnn's Super Vamp Colt reality is the real reality...

And yes in any 'reality' timelines need to make sense. Just look at the mess DC comics is in because it refuses to actually have Continuity!

That's cool, it's just too often I am in physical pain, the metaverse is for me a brief escape from my own reality. Edited by dughlas
  • Like 1

That's cool, it's just too often I am in physical pain, the metaverse is for me a brief escape from my own reality.

While I'm fortunate enough to not suffer pain like you, I still see the 'verse as a place where all other demands on me fade away and I can be just me.

I'm scared. I'm travelling through Mexico and just learnt I have a major time line inconsistency - the universe will collapse and I'm stuck in Mexican traffic. I think I need to take Meta offline and stop posting new chapters until we have cleared this up down to the week ...

And that after writing a smutty scene between Colt and Brian in dirty rugby outfit .. What a shame.

• Like 3

I'm scared. I'm travelling through Mexico and just learnt I have a major time line inconsistency - the universe will collapse and I'm stuck in Mexican traffic. I think I need to take Meta offline and stop posting new chapters until we have cleared this up down to the week ...

And that after writing a smutty scene between Colt and Brian in dirty rugby outfit .. What a shame.

ha ha ha you big tease. fine i'll stop trying to timeline it.

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

Or JAR can simply go back to the chapter in question and edit it to have Brian say:

"I was born into a wolf family in Utah, man. I was kicked out when I was almost 17. I was a stray wolf for nearly a whole year. Nearly died of hunger several times before I was picked up by Prime."

Would this solve the problem, oh Master of Numbers and Logic? :worship:

I think Brian tends to overdo things for dramatic effect - like a certain author. And surely 1 year as stray wolf could feel like 2 human years ... 

And I won't have to rewrite certain scenes in book 6 ;-).

JAR

EDIT: Brian says "for nearly 2 years" ... so I think it was more like 10 months ... typical PR expert.

Edited by JohnAR

I love the timeline breakdown.  The fact that it makes JAR twitch?   :gikkle:

There is only a breakdown if we consider everything true what everyone says ... now in the Metaverse, is that a reasonable assumption? ( 0:) )

My time line is perfect; just my characters aren't. ( :devil: )

There is only a breakdown if we consider everything true what everyone says ... now in the Metaverse, is that a reasonable assumption? ( 0:) )

My time line is perfect; just my characters aren't. ( :devil: )

I guess it's good that you are the Lord of the Metaverse and can change the past?  :P

• Like 1

I guess it's good that you are the Lord of the Metaverse and can change the past?   :P

More importantly, I can change the future depending on the sacrifices delivered to me by my readers ... LOL.

• Like 1

I think Brian tends to overdo things for dramatic effect - like a certain author. And surely 1 year as stray wolf could feel like 2 human years ... 

And I won't have to rewrite certain scenes in book 6 ;-).

JAR

EDIT: Brian says "for nearly 2 years" ... so I think it was more like 10 months ... typical PR expert.

So your readers need to break out the Soap for a certain Beta's mouth again...

• Like 1

So your readers need to break out the Soap for a certain Beta's mouth again...

As long as the readers keep their hands ABOVE the blanket when reading the story of soaps, Betas and jockstraps.

Do we have an actual year that each book takes place during? I've just been plotting it all out arbitrarily obviously using Meta's starting year as year 1.

Soaps, Betas and Jockstraps... this sounds like Leo is involved along with Brian..... Well we all know Leo needs some serious work both on his mouth control and catching up with the others on his roids dose prior to the battle...

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

Do we have an actual year that each book takes place during? I've just been plotting it all out arbitrarily obviously using Meta's starting year as year 1.

Soaps, Betas and Jockstraps... this sounds like Leo is involved along with Brian..... Well we all know Leo needs some serious work both on his mouth control and catching up with the others on his roids dose prior to the battle...

Against payment I'm prostituting myself to write any MetaPrompt.

Proudly.

• Like 2

Book 1 starts in 2011 (as the vampires are welcomed with 'California, 2012' in early spring).

So are you going to help JAR put out a annotated version of the whole series ;)

Ummmm NO I already have to much of a breakdown of the series going that JAR has access to see.... This isn't going to become a Cliffsnotes annotated version for people... more like notes to keep things straight for myself and I guess JAR

• Like 1