Are we really assuming everyone says the truth all the time in Meta?

No, but Luke was thinking about this in his own head.  Why would he lie to himself about having an affair with a vampire?  If anything he would want to forget about that detail.

As for Will, he was 17 and a horndog (pardon the pun :P).  Why would he think to lie to himself that Betty was a wolf shifter?

As for CE...he never said if she was a wolf or a vamp...only that she looked similar to someone who he thought had an affair with his alpha.  

Edit:

As for Betsy...ok she could be lying, but can she make herself smell like a wolf shifter (or suppress that side of herself when she meets the pack)?  Why would she let Luke know she's a vampire but everyone else think she's a wolf?  How would Luke not know that the pack thinks Betty is a wolf when he thinks she's a vampire?  Oh and there is the detail that Luke said his affair was with a petite woman...Betty is tall

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 2

No, but Luke was thinking about this in his own head.  Why would he lie about having an affair with a vampire?  

As for Will, he was 17 and a horndog (pardon the pun :P).  Why would he think to lie to himself that Betty was a wolf shifter?

As for CE...he never said if she was a wolf or a vamp...only that she looked similar to someone who he thought had an affair with his alpha.  

I would argue most people lie more often to themselves than to others ... but that is just my optimistic view towards mankind.

And what if the lady in question was half wolf and half vampire???

I would argue most people lie more often to themselves than to others ... but that is just my optimistic view towards mankind.

And what if the lady in question was half wolf and half vampire???

People do lie to themselves, but why lie that the affair was with a vampire?  If anything he would want to suppress that detail, since he is an alpha wolf and an affair with a vampire could be a sign of weakness.

Maybe CE being less interested in the female form, might think we all look alike? Both women are supposed to be attractive, even if Betsy is perhaps a bit too fond of getting undress a knife. But if you are thousands of years old, that might be expected.

If she's half'n'half, wouldn't Colt be part wolf too? I wouldn't be surprised, other than about the pack not knowing this.

I've always thought of him as a lovely cocktail: vamp, wolf, human and then that little extra (whatever the sandy professor might be... ) to make him so powerful.

Maybe CE being less interested in the female form, might think we all look alike? Both women are supposed to be attractive, even if Betsy is perhaps a bit too fond of getting undress a knife. But if you are thousands of years old, that might be expected.

If she's half'n'half, wouldn't Colt be part wolf too? I wouldn't be surprised, other than about the pack not knowing this.

I've always thought of him as a lovely cocktail: vamp, wolf, human and then that little extra (whatever the sandy professor might be... ) to make him so powerful.

That's true, but Betty was there when CE left and played (from what has been said so far) a fairly big role in maybe getting him married off to a girl.  I don't think he would easily forget what that person looked like to the point that he would completely confuse Betty with Betsy.  At the very least, if these are two women, they look very similar. 

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 1

What a rant comeback, LL! I'm impressed.

And we don't know if Betty actually talked to CE. In the hierarchical society, she could have been working behind the scenes.

haha thank you.  A Monday rant just felt right.

About Betty:  She could have been working behind the scenes...but why would Will (a 17 year old boy who has his little head thinking for him) know about her involvement if CE didn't?

That's true, but Betty was there when CE left and played (from what has been said so far) a fairly big role in maybe getting him married off to a girl.  I don't think he would easily forget what that person looked like to the point that he would completely confuse Betty with Betsy.  At the very least, if these are two women, they look very similar. 

CE didn't know she had a role in this until he talked with his father in MB.

CE didn't know she had a role in this until he talked with his father in MB.

That disappoints me then.  I would have hoped that CE would be at least as observant as Will, and Will knew about Betty's involvement in marrying Burt off.  

That disappoints me then.  I would have hoped that CE would be at least as observant as Will, and Will knew about Betty's involvement in marrying Burt off.  

I am pretty sure Bet/s/ty knew who to "use" to get what she wanted ... and who to avoid ... she's a cunning lady/they are cunning ladies.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure Bet/s/ty knew who to "use" to get what she wanted ... and who to avoid ... she's a cunning lady/they are cunning ladies.

Fair enough.  The B lady used Will to get what she wanted.  He would be a pretty easy target. 

I still want to know why she was tall and the woman Luke had an affair with was petite.  

• Like 2

Because the metaverse is a strange and twisted place ... me, well I'm doing my very best not to think too hard about all of this and just enjoy thr rollercoaster ride ... I do admit to throughly enjoying the varied theories you all propose.

• Like 2

Because the metaverse is a strange and twisted place ... me, well I'm doing my very best not to think too hard about all of this and just enjoy thr rollercoaster ride ... I do admit to throughly enjoying the varied theories you all propose.

I'm with dugh, I just cling on and hope for the best. :o  :pinch:  :unsure:

Holy crap... I started a massive Forum Debate...

On the Wolf/Vampire hybrid deal we already know that someone can be both part Wolf and part Vampire just look at Al the NOSE.

I also agree that Betty could have arranged for CE's Wedding w/o him ever knowing that she was pushing for it. All she really needed to do was learn facts from Will, talk to Stan Thunder and maybe get Luke to push for it also. CE could have never seen her or only passed each other on the street so to speak.

I already have a pretty decent rought timeline thrown together from memory and some spot checking.

I firmly stand by my analysis of everyone's ages unless someone can find an error in my logic.

BTW I said I'd think about sharing some tidbits that I've learned from our secretive Author... Well here are some...

College Majors

Colt - Business Administration

Prime - Human Resources

Brian - Public Relations

CE - Unknown/Presumed Criminal Justice

Sam - Accounting

Al - Unkown

Seb - Biology

Emma - Engineering Unknown which branch

Leo - Unknown but going for Medical School after. Could be going for Biology,

Jobs After College

Al - Junior Enforcer for Chestnut Pack. This must actually have a wage associated with it. Unknown if he has a job outside of being an Enforcer in the Mt Patterson Pack.

Colt - Entry Level Associate turned Expert Consultant for the Global Consulting Firm Giovani is a Senior Partner at. Also helps run the Mt Patterson pack companies.

CE - Unknown, was trying to get into the LAPD before the pack took over ShadowLands

Prime - Unknown beyond as Alpha being the head of Mt Patterson's Companies.

Brian - Unknown

Warren - Police Officer

• Like 1