[dkstories] Do Over Movie

When I was editing a chapter yesterday, Papa appeared in my head as Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama from Battlestar Galactica on the SciFi channel). :unsure:

When you read a story, do you ever picture it in yourmind like a movie?

who do you cast in each role?

When I was editing a chapter yesterday, Papa appeared in my head as Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama from Battlestar Galactica on the SciFi channel). :unsure:

Thanks for bringing up this subject!! I think your pick for Papa is excellent.

I'm awful with celebrity names, so I can't think of anyone for the other roles, though I picture Davey's father

as mildly overweight, slightly balding, and with a somewhat sinister countenance.

Davey's father is, for me, the most complex and enigmatic of the characters. He does seem to have many aspects of his personality. OK, I'm editing this a day later, because I finally put a name to the image I was thinking of: Dean Stockwell.

This time around, though, I'm very curious as to how he ends up. We have already had the baseball throwing incident, which is not a good sign, but he seems to be connecting with Davey again.

However, there is one glaring portent: Davey's father is clearly on the road to ultimate evil: he's seeking a political office. (and you simply can't get more evil than that.)

I offer the following link as proof of this: link

:devil:

Edited by C James

Well, I absolutely loved the TV show 'Do Over" and always thought that Davey looked like Penn Badgely, who plays the protagonist in the show, Joel Larsen.

Best friend Pat is sorta like my mental image of Trevor, but with the wrong hair colour.

Well, I absolutely loved the TV show 'Do Over" and always thought that Davey looked like Penn Badgely, who plays the protagonist in the show, Joel Larsen.

Best friend Pat is sorta like my mental image of Trevor, but with the wrong hair colour.

THANK YOU! i've been trying to remember that show for the longest time. okay, sorry. i'm random.

Last night, I saw a TV series called "Complete Savages". One of the male leads is named Eric Von Detton.

Very hot IMHO, tall, built but lean, and dark blond.

Appearance wise (not his TV character!) He's about how I picture Davey. Well, not in second grade, like now (he'd be kinda big! :blink: ), but later.

For some reason, I did tend to picture the main characters as being in their late teens in both DO and DOR.

I know the story said otherwise, but that was the picture I had in my head.

For Mrs. Mondragon, I was thinking Margret Thatcher (While she was PM), but without the accent.

For Davey's sister, I was thinking of the little blond girl from the movie "Poltergeist".

There was as tv show like that? Similar premise? here I thought I was being original...

Well, time to stop writing! And here I was thinking about putting Dawn of Tears on hold again and doing a sequel to DOR...

(just kidding)

Dan,

Dude i read that last part before the (just kidding) and i actually got happy......

Been debating and discussing the recent chapter for the past 3 hours..lol

As for a movie, well yeah i do imagine it in my head EMOE.

Thats the beauty of a overactive imagination. :D

JJJ

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of actors to play parts, when I read Dad's speech/press conference in Chapter 39, I heard it in the voice of Dennis Haysbert - the guy on the Allstate Insurance ads - the guy who leads the team on that new show "The Unit". His voice is very distinctive to me and I think it would carry that speech well. I don't see him play the part of Dad, I just like his voice for this part. E

i see myself as davey... and i do view davey, brian, and friends in their late teens at all times... which i guess makes it easy for me, since im 19...

cant say that putting DOT on hold again didnt excite me... but i have been wanting to know what happens in DOT for some time now...

i think we should make a Do Over Movie... lol... i was thinking about how it could be done the other day at work :/ im a freak :P

i see myself as davey... and i do view davey, brian, and friends in their late teens at all times... which i guess makes it easy for me, since im 19...

cant say that putting DOT on hold again didnt excite me... but i have been wanting to know what happens in DOT for some time now...

i think we should make a Do Over Movie... lol... i was thinking about how it could be done the other day at work :/ im a freak :P

I view Davey and friends as late teens, too, so you aren't alone in that. I certainly can't view Davey as myself, though, as I guess I'm in the "Old fossil" category of being as old as dkstories. :P:P:P:P

Hey guys,

I was thinking, even if we didnt do a MOVIE, we could always try and get Some people to offer their time to do a BOOK ON CD :D .

I magine on a long drive, just popping it in and listening to Davey tell his story.

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. I just saw this topic (way after the fact, I know), but I immediately thought of how I've been thinking of David Gallagher as Brian. It would have to be a slightly younger David Gallagher, as he's either in his late teens or early twenties now, but have you seen pictures of him from about 2-3 years ago? He has really blond hair and dark eyebrows just like Brian. I even came across some pictures of him a week or so ago, and I downloaded them and renamed them breckenridge.jpg, breckenridge1.jpg, etc.

I don't know who would make a good Davey, as he'd have to be a blond teenager who's built like a football player. So many teen actors have that lean build that Hollywood favors these days. Maybe Kyal Marsh?