Oh look, there's a forum for 18 Weeks!  

*peeks in*

Hrm.  Appears to be only for authors...

*tiptoes out*

No, no these topics are for readers to interact with each other and with the author. This is where you can comment on reviews left by other readers or ask questions or put up topics for discussion. Sometimes you'll also see extra information related to the story.

So, please come join us. :yes:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Reading CG's and spikey's reviews reminded me about feeling annoyed at Alex for visiting constantly and not asking to be invited or checking when David would like have some time on his own. I'm also :angry: at David's dad for not checking either putting his foot down about visiting hours. But I guess he's relieved there are someone else to take care of his son. And David is spineless himself, even if she was a girlfriend of his own choosing, he should set limits. :pissed:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised the Alex part of the story ended with very little reaction from her over them breaking up. Does she cry at home and hide her broken heart from everyone - including Randy? Or is she now content with being David's friend?

• Like 2

In an upcoming chapter she does cry. Not that you cruel haters will care  :lol:

But don't sell-short David's gut instinct of liking her. Even though his thinking is often, bent(?), his gut instincts are pretty accurate. 

At least we know his SG (Subconscious Gaydar) is right on.  :P

• Like 3

In an upcoming chapter she does cry. Not that you cruel haters will care  :lol:

I care. I liked Alex in spite of her slightly bossy ways. It's not her fault David didn't have the guts to be honest with her at first.

I've been giving some thought to the whole idea of the New Year's Day deadline. I'm probably very, very wrong, but I wonder if perhaps we're all being too literal. Danny keeps saying that David has this deadline to figure himself out, or else he'll possibly "join Danny", which we've all taken to mean he'll die. The assumption being worked on here is that this will be because David will commit suicide and kill himself. Skinny pushes us towards that narrative with what Doctor Keating already warned David about, and how people who are uncovering trauma can sometimes even have suicidal thoughts and tendencies. 

What if that's not what it is at all? What if the deadline is until Erik finally breaks Twoey in such a way that David has to fight back? We've seen that David can get very, very violent when it comes to Twoey, and he doesn't exactly have any warm fuzzy feelings for Erik. We also know that there's a history of violence and death in the story... is it really so implausible to believe that New Year's Eve is when Erik finally does something to publicly destroy Twoey, and David ends up killing/is killed by Erik when he tries to save Twoey? 

That would explain why David has to figure out what he wants and who he is before then... if David still has unresolved feelings at the deadline, he could act unpredictably. But if David has a better understanding of himself, he'd be able to analyze the situation better and come up with a solution that saves everyone. Or better yet, he'd already have saved Twoey from his situation and there wouldn't be any potential New Year's danger.

Just a thought. Probably off-base, but something to think about.

• Like 3

Reading CG's and spikey's reviews reminded me about feeling annoyed at Alex for visiting constantly and not asking to be invited or checking when David would like have some time on his own. I'm also :angry: at David's dad for not checking either putting his foot down about visiting hours. But I guess he's relieved there are someone else to take care of his son. And David is spineless himself, even if she was a girlfriend of his own choosing, he should set limits. :pissed:

I wouldn't say David is spineless.  He's still a kid who hasn't yet learned what his limits are, let alone how to set them.  Our early brushes with romance are a sort of trial and error in which we learn about our romantic selves. 

Another thing to consider--those who have suffered sexual trauma may have a difficult time setting limits.  Having one's limits violated in such a way kinda fucks with your head and makes you feel like you aren't allowed limits at all.  It can warp or outright destroy your concept of body autonomy. 

Edited by Dayne Mora
  • Like 4

Another thing to consider--those who have suffered sexual trauma may have a difficult time setting limits.  Having one's limits violated in such a kinda fucks with your head and makes you feel like you aren't allowed limits at all.  It can warp or outright destroy your concept body autonomy. 

This. Is. EVERYTHING.

There's so many different ways that someone who's experienced trauma can react. But it doesn't come as a surprise to learn there's boundary issues afterwards.

• Like 1

Hmm. David killing Erik, now that's a thought.

David gets the chair and meets Danny.

Donny and Twoey console each other and live happily ever after.

Alex bullies Martin into becoming straight again, and they live happily ever after.

Curt and Mark decide they're really straight.

Cory settles down with Randy.

Matty gets Chuck, and they have the most athletic relationship since Kitten and Wolf.

The End

• Like 4

Alex bullies Martin into becoming straight again, and they live happily ever after.

Matty gets Chuck, and they have the most athletic relationship since Kitten and Wolf.

The End

That last bit made me laugh so hard I spit out my coffee all over my laptop.  Skinny, my dear, thanks for making my laptop sticky..........again....... <_<

I'll settle for Erik pissing off.  I want my Twovid (Davey?).

Alternate:

Twoey tells Erik to fuck off.

Erik receives "anonymous" warning from the Heven Family Assassination Squad (VIXERE BITCHES!), skips town.

David comes to grips with his past, hooks up with Twoey, gets sexual healing.

Matty gets his mouthful of David.

Randy finally gets, uhm, randy, and Cory stops running around.

Mark realizes he's straight.

Alex starts a harem...uhm, I mean, home for wayward straight boys, becomes the ultimate fag hag.

Matty, Donny, Curt, and Chuck start an open menage to rival the White Wolf IC.

Edited by Dayne Mora
  • Like 4

His ending sounds better than your fake ending SD. David gets the chair and Twoey end up with Donny? Yuck! I would hate that for so many reasons. My latest review pretty much explains why.

• Like 1

The End

Oh great, now I've put the idea in his head. Sorry everyone! :(

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, we finally have a real love triangle in 18 Weeks! -- Donny-David-Twoey

It only took 112 chapters to get one!  :P

Now the problem is what to do with the extra boy.

I've sort of worked that out already, no matter who David chooses, but I'm always open to suggestions.  ;)

And no, he hasn't told me yet.  :no:

• Like 3

That last bit made me laugh so hard I spit out my coffee all over my laptop.  Skinny, my dear, thanks for making my laptop sticky..........again....... <_<

I'll settle for Erik pissing off.  I want my Twovid (Davey?).

Alternate:

Twoey tells Erik to fuck off.

Erik receives "anonymous" warning from the Heven Family Assassination Squad (VIXERE BITCHES!), skips town.

David comes to grips with his past, hooks up with Twoey, gets sexual healing.

Matty gets his mouthful of David.

Randy finally gets, uhm, randy, and Cory stops running around.

Mark realizes he's straight.

Alex starts a harem...uhm, I mean, home for wayward straight boys, becomes the ultimate fag hag.

Matty, Donny, Curt, and Chuck start an open menage to rival the White Wolf IC.

Okay, so the first two of my predictions came true (mostly)...

• Like 1

OK, we finally have a real love triangle in 18 Weeks! -- Donny-David-Twoey

It only took 112 chapters to get one!  :P

Now the problem is what to do with the extra boy.

I've sort of worked that out already, no matter who David chooses, but I'm always open to suggestions.  ;)

And no, he hasn't told me yet.  :no:

Just read my review and lux's. Best argument for Team Donny ever. :lol:

• Like 1

Having some thoughts... people are rooting for Donny, but are forgetting the fact that we actually know so little about him. Right now he's just some horny little kid that David is using (non-maliciously) as a sounding board and hump-toy... I can't see David being able to give Donny much more than someone to have sex with and someone to make Donny feel like he's making a difference as David dumps his issues on him. Donny said at first that he was okay with whatever David wanted, whatever he was or wasn't ready for, but now we see that isn't the case. He is 'needy', and instead of letting David lead he is now taking the reins and pulling David further into him. David knows this, and to one extent or another is going along with it. This is just like with Kathy and Alex, but this time it is with a boy, one David clearly finds sexually attractive.

Donny's just a kid (they all are, but him much moreso), even if he seems to have a level of wisdom. The wisdom of listeners is sometimes very illusory, especially when the listener has something to gain and especially at that age. Donny is now showing that he is using that illusory wisdom to get what he wants, even though it is probably not intended to be that way.

I find myself thinking that Randy would actually be a much better fit for Donny. He's put together, smart, respectful...

I guess since I am Team Twoey, but still I want Donny to have a (better for him) well deserved consolation prize, Team Dondy needs to unite!

Edited by lux_apollo
  • Like 2

So, I shouldn't be saying this but... FUCK TEAM DONNY. :P

I think I pretty much am Team Donny lux :(

It's really mostly a joke cause I don't really expect SD to have David end up with Donny. But I don't want Donny to end up all alone with his heart broken by the end. I agree with what you're saying about Donny, and I think it stems from the fact that he's starting to get really attached to David. He liked David in the first place, but he has been there for David when others haven't.

• Like 2