[dkstories] Doing It Right Ch. 3

This news really makes me sad.

Dan,

You are an extremely talented writer, who gives inspiration through his stories. I can understand what you are going through, I left the internet for almost a year because of something that was said over a chat. But, I grew to miss the friends I had, and the memories that we shared.

Your stories are great, and your insights into how and why you write are also very interesting. I'd like to kindly ask you to please reconsider your decision. But, should you not, I will await your return.

Remember "Shared sorrow is half sorrow, shared joy is double joy."

Thanks!

>>>Ikaika

a VERY tight baseball uniform....

You never know... it might help! Just post it in your profile to be sure we he sees it since he may not be getting emails. Yeah, that's the ticket! :wink:

hmmmm if it will get dan back... im tempted to go out and find a baseball uniform... a VERY tight baseball uniform....

Do that...and show us your pout as well as your smile...I promise Service will never end...if you need some ideas...let me know via PM. :)

hmmmm if it will get dan back... im tempted to go out and find a baseball uniform... a VERY tight baseball uniform....

One more thing Robert mentioned...we're flying out to North Carolina to take my sister and her family to Disneyworld. We're driving down there from NC, and Georgia is on the way...I'll even sign a copy of my book if you have one... :)

Guest Sietaer

Hmmm, that sucks. I've live in South Carolina and havn't had time to go down a couple of states to disneyland yet. :( Anyway, Dan. I really, sincerely hope you stay. If you left you would be unbelievably missed and I dont feel like going through one of those "moping" periods of my life. :D (Yes... I will resort to guit-tripping)

For perspective:

1. No, I haven't shared much of my writing with the general populace myself, and the one time I started, I myself got a very disheartening letter over, of all things, a disclaimer. (This was nifty.org, and I got a bit too cute, yet someone went off the deep end and I thought twice over continuing.)

2. I myself have taken long breaks from online communities, largely out of burnout.

That said, I do hope you reconsider, even if it means taking a break. As you've established your audience, I would hope that you consider writing for publishers next and take your craft to the next level even if you leave the amateur world.

One of the hardest things as a creator is learning to suffer fools and their criticism. :)

(Oh, and I did buy my electronic copy of The Wreckers - I hope those who would hope to sway his decision would choose to find themselves near https://www.lulu.com/commerce/index.php?fBuyContent=133229 pretty soon. :)

(Oh, and I did buy my electronic copy of The Wreckers - I hope those who would hope to sway his decision would choose to find themselves near https://www.lulu.com/commerce/index.php?fBuyContent=133229 pretty soon. :)

EXCELLENT idea!

I went and purchased mine as soon as I saw this. I've been meaning to buy the physical book, but this will tide me over until I can do so.

Guys, we are talking all of $3.24 here, for a 261 page book!!!

Thank you, Ibsu, for the Excellent idea!!!

DIR is off to a great start, which isn't surprising given the author (does flattery work on you Dan? 0:) )

I can understand the various reasons that could lead you to going offline, however your proposal about continuing writing, answering emails and dropping in here from time to time sounds like the best idea. I'm probably one of the few people around here who understands the negative implications a blog can have, especially with all that crap about political laws over there, let alone the other issues arising from it.

I really do hope you continue to write, your stories are unique because they feature far more than 'boy meets boy, boy gets outed, boy gets in fights with bullies, boy gets kicked out of home, boy moves in with other boy, boy and boy live happily ever after' which is the staple of most gay themed stories.

The use of military and political themes has always been what got me hooked with your stories, because not only do you write those themes well, but you make them realistic as well as using the right terminology and specs of things.

If you don't want to go offline and your fans don't want you to, then a middle ground that you're comfortable with is what I'd suggest, even if it means a slower rate of writing. It would be sad to see the author who's work brought me over to GA to stop writing but at the end of the day the choice is yours.