[dkstories] Doing It Right Ch. 3

I have no clue as to what to say... And I'm not about to post any spoilers, so all I can say is HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa...

Go read it now, you sure won't be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have more comments later... After I recover...

Great one, Dan...

Wow, holy hardon, Batman....That was unexpected and quite exciting...., now to take care of this "problem" that his risen to my attention.

Well done!

ORN

Richard

OK, I'm still recovering from this chapter!

Wow... One shocker after another, every one more intense. Talk about pacing! And that's even without it being outrageously hot.

OK, I'm going to brag here: I sort of predicted it! Well, even I didn't believe it, so I can't really say that, but take a look at the quote below, from a post I made to Dan before he ever told us there would be a DIR..

Note that I got the location wrong, and ommited one "player", but I even got the chapter number right!!!

I'm putting this in as a spoiler, and whatever you do, don't read it unless you have read Ch 3!

Below is the quote, a joking attempt to manipulate Dan into writing a sequel. (my way of saying how much I loved DOR)

Hmmm... Are you really foolish enough to think that you are in control? HA! If you were truly in control, you would be able to REALLY mess with your reader's heads by having Davey, Brian, Brandon, AND Trevor all have a tryst in the barn in chapter 3 of the sequel to DOR. But, no, you can't do that, now can you? So, you really aren't in control like you think you are.

[/blatant attempt to manipulate dkstories]

So, anyone want to hire me as a fortune teller? :blink::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

James, this chapter was written BEFORE you made that post...and um they're not in the barn.

I am VERY glad to hear you say that... Otherwise all the people who want one particular coupling might blame me as a bad influence and lynch me... :lmao:

It was written that long ago? Well, that blows another of my theories right out of the water... Several of them, in fact...

Well, for my next amazing prediction: I predict that the Sun shall rise in the East tomorrow. (hey, I gotta get one right sometime...) 0:)

I am profoundly confused about the chapter, though.

1. If Sean would have come back, what memories does he have? Does he "remember" this timeline? How did he figure out Davey and Sean had become best friends in this timeline?

2. Do we discount chapter 39 in DO2 for DiR? I mean, it sounds so much like a seventh grader's perspective, something that's difficult to mimic.

3. How does Davey get past his father, who can tell the difference between old Davey and young Davey?

I just figured Davey would stay young and we'd see Sean deal with all the problems with being the old man amongst young'ns this time. :)

I got a bit confused as well. I really thought that Davey was the young Davey. If he is not, he's one manipulative guy! Interesting! :) And, what has happened with old Davey's advise to eliminate the time travelers?

I can't wait to read the next ones.

maybe davey's dreaming... and when he wakes up..... well hes going to remember hes from the future again... or the past... or whatever.... anyways the point is ya just dont know yet... i dont think it's real because brian and davey both are too stingy... too crazy about eachother to do stuff with other ppl... and i'd say an orgy is wayyy out of their league... though... they are drunk.... idk... why didnt anyone ask abt time travel? questions... questions with answers? i hope so....

anyways... i noticed this chapter... and i was grinning THE ENTIRE TIME i was reading the chapter... like non stop grins...

i deff cant wait till the next chapter... maybe i should build a time machine and go forwards in time.... !!!!

like we're gona do tomorrow night... we're gona time travel an hour! :o

This was one hot chapter but I have to say that I hope it was a dream on Davey's part.

Alot of things didn't ring true for me in this chapter. If Davey does have his memories back than he wouldn't have gotten drunk like he did in this chapter. We know this because of his Do Over. Also what happened with the talk he had with Brian in the first Do Over about not rushing into things at such a young age (we need to remember that they are only 12). Also he had anal sex with Trevor without a condom. Having his memories back means he knows how Trevor likes to mess around with a lot of different people. He knows the dangers of Aids seeing as his Dad heads the fight against Aids. So is really likely to to have sex without a condom.

The is also the fact that this is nothing like the Brian that we know from Do Over. One of the must important things to him was that him and Davey always remained faithful to each other. He always wanted his first and only time to be with one person. I find it hard to believe that he would do anything like this on the very day that he and Davey became boyfriends.

So I really do hope that this was just a dream and clearly if it isn't than Davey isn't Doing It Right.

Didn't release that there was another version so please ignore.

Sorry, Things make sense now

Edited by Avalon Trinity
Guest Sietaer

Hi, um I'm new, I just registered to gayauthors.org, but have been reading the storys for a while. Anyway, it looks like there's two different versions to the story. The "April Fools" one and the real one, in the real one is still younger davey. But... it seems he DID have a small flashback.

Welcome Sietaer. ^^

Ok, I was at loss for words when I first read it except for a stunned "WTFWT?!" O_O

I've been had, no mistake. ^^;

There was one heck of a lot going on yesterday. I'm really, really hoping that the rest (not involving chapters) of it was a prank, too.

Part of it is Dan's blog closing http://dkstories.com/WordPress/

Also, Dan's main personal web page, dkstories.com has had most everything removed, and says "thanks for all the memories".

Edited by C James

Everyone might want to go read the pinned announcement in Dan's main forum.

open letter

It's locked, and was posted today so IMHO it's most highly unlikely to be any sort of joke.

I am extremely saddened by this. This forum has been a very special place for me, even more so than the stories.

So, as I may not get another chance, I'll share my reasons for being here, and why it's so special to me.

I stumbled upon Do Over well over a year ago, and looked very interesting due to the political/military parts, things I'd never seen in gay fiction before. I didn't have time for reading, so I bookmarked it.

In the late spring of last year I suddenly had nothing but time, as I was in hospital. I wasn't expected to live, so it wasn't exactly a happy time for me. So, as a distraction, I began reading DO and other things I'd bookmarked in the past. My eyesight wasn't good at the time, so it took me a while, plus some special font settings on my laptop, but those stories, plus reading the forums, helped get me through some very dark days.

I had a lot of rehabilitation to do once things improved medically, so I was offline again for the fall, and Dan was on a writing pause anyway. I joined GA as a member very early this year. I was, I'd thought, out of danger medically, having made what was thought to be a full recovery.

Turned out I was wrong. Due to my injuries and complications, I had something go very wrong with my eyes (retinal macular traumas). For a few weeks, before my laser surgery, it looked like I was going blind, so I had another series of dark times. These forums were a great escape from that. I had the surgery and now it looks like I'll be fine, so I'm no longer in danger. But, Dan's stories and these forums were there for me when I really needed them, which is a big part of why I'm such a rabid fan.

So, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all the regulars here, plus of course special thanks to dkstories,

for helping me get through some really rough times, starting long before I'd ever posted here. For me, it's sure not just about the stories.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sure going to miss dkstories and this forum even more than the future stories.

Hi, I am a bit confused about what is going on Dan. I wasn't in the chat so have no idea what happened. I wish you would reconsider. Otherwise, I wanted to thank you for the hours of pleasure you have given me and several friends. I wish you the best and good luck in all that you do.

Sincerely,

Richard

ORN :(

.... :( man... all i can say is that i hope everythign is ok Dan... and i wish that things hadnt happend like it seems they are... As pathetic as it sounds... my life is gona be rather dull not having your stories to read... They were deffinitely somthing i looked forward to each day....

Braxton

Braxton, that pout on your face in the profile picture should be illegal!

Guys (and gals), thank you for the kind words. CJames, I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you've been through. Losing my sight is one of two things I truly fear (the other being Alzheimer's). I am glad to hear that you've pulled through well, though.

You guys almost make me want to change my mind, and I appreciate all you've said, and the support you've given. This isn't something that's easy, and from Robert's said, he's going to have a few words for me as well. Thank you, though, it is appreciated and I hope that you will continue to be a part of the GA community no matter what I do (or don't do).

There are a lot of other good authors here, whose works I know I've enjoyed reading and hope to enjoy reading more of in the future.

Sad news. :(

Yesterday I wanted to check Dan's blog for an entry about chapter 3 of "Doing It Right". Because I didn't remember the address I searched the forums for the thread with update notifications of Dan's blog.

When I couldn't find it, that was the moment I got unsettled.

A little while later I found the address in another post and discovered the site nearly shutdown and the blog-entry announcing it closed.

First I couldn't quite belive it and hoped that it's just a bad April Fool. Now I find the open letter and these posts here. :unsure:

I don't know what happened. But it really makes me wonder what misunderstanding could be so harsh, that one decides to remove him-/herself from the internet, what makes an author to remove himself from his fanbase.

Frankly this announcement makes me sad. I don't like it. But I have to respect it and I will, also I really hope that Dan does reconsider.

The first I read from him was "Mists Of Fate", at that time hosted at Dabeagle's site. Since then I read almost all of his stories and took a linking to them. To some more, to some less. I think Dan is one heck of an author, that I'll greatly miss, when he really removes himself. Not just his stories, but also himself as a person.

Although there never was much contact between him an me, I enjoyed his posts in this forum and his general thoughts, found in his blogs. Be it backgound infos about the actual story or ramblings about other things.

Dan, if you read this, I really hope you revise your decision or find some kind of alternative. At least I will greatly miss you and your writings.

Yours sincerely,

Daniel

Edited by TheDaniel
Guest Sietaer

To be honest Dan, while I dont really know what happened, I dont respect your disision. You are a great author who has helped a lot of people (including myself) come to terms with who they are. You shouldn't let whatever happened scare you away from your work.

Dan, I have never posted here before but feel compelled to add my voice to those asking you to reconsider. You are a talented writer who brings enjoyment to many of us and I hope that whatever has happened will not alienate you from us. You would be greatly missed! :(